The Panel : Hall of Fame Discussion Thread

The sole intention of this thread, is for us panel boys to determine some definitive objectives as to how the HoF will look, and work.

Hopefully, we can just figure out the best layout as to how it will look, so if you guys want to start throwing some stuff up here, then thats fine. Anything you want, from player lists, to stats and figures, just let me know whats on your mind.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm basing this info on the Hockey Hall of Fame, since it's the only HOF I've been in...

A 'General' (mainly consists of information about the different awards and stuff available in football...) Section:

Usually, Sport Hall of Fames have important trophies of their league. The HHOF have the Stanley Cup, and the possible individual allolades that a player can get. In our HOF, I think we should have some major football trophies, and major domestic football trophies. In the individual allolades, the major awards should be sufficient, unless you want to put every single individual award possible in the HOF...I think the the African/Asian/European/North American/South America Young Player of the Year and Player of the Year awards, and the Player of the Year award for the people in the HOF should be included in this section.

I know all of you know what the World Cup trophy is, but we all strive for realism, and this HOF should be realistic like other HOFs. :D

Hall of Famers:

I suggest either bronze-like statues or make something like this. It's not too hard imo, unlike some of the engraved faces that are on Baseball Hall of Fame plaques. That Hockey Hall of Fame plaque lists the career achievements of Stastny (started a revolution of Russian hockey players into the NHL :cool:), career stats, and playoff stats. The playoff record info can just be replaced with the international record of the player.

Also beside these plaques should be 'memorbilia' of the player. A club player jersey with the HOFamer's name and number (Lijia is always 9 and Jinhui 21 fyi.) and maybe their international jersey (if they get capped). Also included should be all the awards and accomplishments the player has won.

And of course there should a 'formal' celebration in a Hall of Fame Induction ceremony. Like the recent HHOF induction ceremony I saw on TV. :D

Now I'll leave the other guys to the other members of the panel. :D

I know I may sound a bit silly, but do 4 people really need their own thread?

yes. I didn't want to clog up the actual thread with all of this, because I've got a lot of ideas myself on how it will work, and with the help of the others, it could become quite a large thread. I had cleared it with dafuge, and when we are done with out findings, he will close / delete the thread.

pardon my ignorance but what is this for?

In my "Youth Project" - (If you haven't been there, its worth a read) - some players from the youth ranks at a club, go on to accomplish gargantuan achievements. We want to reward these players with HoF status, and let their memory live on in the thread for ever. :thup:

Guest roberto922

Only just seen this, I was thinking of a YP awards system, sort of like a level up system e.g:

100 league goals - super strike bronze medal

200 league goals - super strike silver medal

400 league goals - super striker gold medal

1000 goals in competitive games - The Paul Wallace award.

I was also thinking, what about a hall of shame? For example if a keeper concedes 100 goals in a season he could earn a place in the hall of shame or if a player plays regularly for seasons but manages to maintain a poor average rating.

For the layout would you prefer to do it in code or by excel? If you want it done by excel I'd happily do it but I despise the code on VB.

I think code looks a lot better. I can sit here for hours coding it all. I don't think Plaques (Gold, Silver etc) are worth it. It would completely bastardize the HoF. I was more thinking along the lines of Set records. I'll get some stuff up a little later tonight (maybe when I've finished work) - to kind of set the guide as to how its going to look. I do like the idea of like "100 club" - "200 club" etc etc though, and maybe a "general section" and "overall HoF" would be good. HoS however, isn't worth it. There will be too many players to put in there :)

Guest roberto922

Well I'd say only a small percentage would make it in, but maybe have four different sections, God-like, gold, silver and bronze? Then you could put the ones that say win the 250 bronze scoring award (looking back I think that 100 is too few) in one section and if anyone manages 1000 goals or something of a similiar magnitude you could put them in the god-like section?

In my "Youth Project" - (If you haven't been there, its worth a read) - some players from the youth ranks at a club, go on to accomplish gargantuan achievements. We want to reward these players with HoF status, and let their memory live on in the thread for ever. :thup:

I've been there but isn't a regular reader. But nice idea :)

I'd also like to make a contribution if allowed.

So far i've only seen suggestions for players scoring goals. What about legendary Goalkeepers, Defenders and Midfielders? Surely your system wouldn't work for them?

some of the things we've already discussed Paul, are things like 150+ Assists. Or 150+ Clean sheets. Its a bit difficult for defenders, but perhaps something like 400+ Games and an average of X.XX tackles per game. (Might be hard to figure out though).

The accomplishments idea looks like a good one. :)

And no Hall of Shame, that accounts for 99.9% of the youths! :p

But I a 250 goal just to enter the hall is quite a lot, maybe 200 goals should be sufficient? (Lijia has over 200 but less than 250...I thought he was a lock! :D)

Yea you can. Its not about "nominations" really though. Basically, 1 a week / fortnight (or if you PM the panel to bring a player to our attention) - we'll discuss the potential players, and then go forth from there. In one instant, your player could be the one we're discussing. So for rancer, if we were discussing Lijia, I would just expect an honest input from rancer. (Thats also why the selected are on the panel, among other reasons). But goal targets aren't set in stone. So lets say the Goal target is 250, and Lijia gets 245, but had played 16 seasons for the club and has like 500ish appearances, then he would be worthy.

If, on the other hand, someone came along with an Andrew Smilie type player, played him for 3 seasons, hit 450 goals in a poor, poor league standard, I honestly don't think he would be worthy. There has to be longevity in the HoF - True Legends, true greats, people like Wallace and Roberts that are talked about LITERALLY years after the game in which they were born has ended. Thats what makes a HoFamer.

Guest roberto922

You mean like if you need 50 points to get in, 50 goals=10 points, 100 assists=20 points, 300 games=20 points meaning you get in?

Ha my post was in regards to blowcrapup.

As for a points system, its again something I thought about, but could be hard to implement. Just taking the Smylie situation on board again, in regards to roberts - What Smylie did was nothing short of sensational, but what Roberts did was Godlike. How do you differenciate what leagues get what "points" awarded to thier players. If you just go off of the 1 point = 1 goal = 1 assist = 1 MotM = 1 >8.00 rating, then A player like Smylie would dominate the HoF, where as someone like Lijia wouldn't be as validated, but would have had a much more exciting, and perhaps more rewarding career, because of who he was working with, and what he achieved.

roberto - having 2 sections, like a roll of aknowledgment and then a HoF might be a decent idea. I've really gotta go back to work, but when I get home, I'm going to lay down everything I've got, and see what you guys think. If you wouldn't mind doing the same, so that rather than these small discussions, we can just blow it out right away, and get everything on the table that we're working with.

Anyone else reading this thread that has any input, please feel free :thup:

ended. Thats what makes a HoFamer.

My name was adopted \o/ (I'm claiming credit anyway).

Agree with you on that Nep and I've swung around to liking the idea you had about a player who had spent his entire career at a club should automatically get in, although like you say above it shouldn't be a straight entry but if someone spends 15+ seasons at the club then the other things we would look at (# of goals etc.) should be slightly lower.

Guest roberto922

I honestly don't know TBF, I do think however that Andrew Smylie is unlikely to be replicated in FM 09 considering how tough it seems to be as far as strikers are concerned.

We would have to see the formula first but if there was to be one then it might be better to have 2 HOF. One for the people who meet or we vote are close enough to the required score and one for the people who destroy it (the people who score close to 1000 goals etc.)

I'll try and experiment with some formulas after I finish calculus! :D (basically when Europe is asleep :p)

I'm just wondering how many variables I should include...like how should I implement assists and such for strikers, etc. One of the definite variables will be league reputation...

Ok. So heres a rough Idea of how its looking, taking on board most of the things in this thread :

Please Note : These are not actual records, and only something to get the ball rolling. Any figures (as in, instead of 100 goals, it could be 150) can be changed, and nothing is yet difinitive

General Mentions

The 100 Club

*For any player that scores 100 or more goals for his club

[b]Player Name  | Games | Goals | Time Span | Club[/b]

Paul Wallace |  380  |  104  | 2010-2021 | Knockbreda
Danny Roberts|  276  |  102  | 2008-2015 | Braintree
Player X     |  301  |  100  | 2010-2017 | Club Y

I'll Provide it, then

*For and player that creates 100 or more assists for his club

[b]Player Name  | Games | Ass | Time Span | Club[/b]

Paul Wallace |  380  | 104 | 2010-2021 | Knockbreda
Danny Roberts|  276  | 102 | 2008-2015 | Braintree
Player X     |  301  | 100 | 2010-2017 | Club Y

Clean as a Whistle

* for any Goalkeeper that achieves 75 or more Clean Sheets for his club

[b]Player Name  | Games | Clean | Time Span | Club[/b]

Goalie 1     |  380  |  92   | 2010-2021 | Knockbreda
Goalie 2     |  276  |  86   | 2008-2015 | Braintree
Goalie 3     |  301  |  75   | 2010-2017 | Club Y

*I'm yet to think of anything substantial for a Defenders contribution. So Obviously, Goals and Assists count for any player, but are more leaning towards Strikers (Goals) and Midfielders (Assists).

These lists however, will not be limited. If 1,000 players score 100+ Goals, then that part of the coding will be 1,000 players long :D

The "I'm Still Here" Award

Any player who has served at his club for 10 or more seasons, is automatically entered into the "I'm still Here award section"

[b]Player Name  | Games | Goals | Ass | Clean | Time Span (Years) | Club[/b]

Player 1     |  435  |  312  |  54 |   -   | 2054-2062 (12 Yrs)| Knockbreda
Player 2 (GK)|  276  |   01  |  03 |   53  | 2012-2021 (11 Yrs)| Braintree
Player 3     |  412  |   49  |  73 |   -   | 2010-2020 (10 Yrs)| Club Y

The "Its only a game, show" Award

* Awarded to any player who has played over 250 Games for his club

[b]Player Name  | Games | Time Span | Club[/b]

Player 1     |  295  | 2010-2021 | Knockbreda
Player 2     |  276  | 2008-2015 | Braintree
Player 3     |  355  | 2010-2017 | Club Y

The International Recognition Award

*Awarded to any player who has played in 50 or more games for his nation

[b]Player Name  | Games | Goals | Nation[/b]

Player 1     |   66  |   13  | England
Player 2     |   59  |   16  | N. Ireland
Player 3     |   55  |    3  | Saudi Arabia

The International Scoring Award

*Awarded to any player who scores 25 or more goals for his nation

[b]Player Name  | Goals | Games | Nation[/b]

Player 1     |   49  |  112  | England
Player 2     |   32  |   45  | N. Ireland
Player 3     |   26  |   95  | Saudi Arabia

Special Award Winners :

* This section is for players who win special accolades, at Club or Country Level (Top League only)

[b]Player Name | Club | Award Recieved[/b]

Player 1 | Knockbreda | FIFA World Player of the Year

Player 2 | Braintree | UEFA Champions League Golden Boot Winner

Player 3 | Braintree | FIFA World Footballer of the Year[/font]

Thats pretty much what I've got in terms of the "general" hall of fame. The main HoF will come a little later (probably tomorrow)

If you think more needs to be added, or even taken away from the General Section, then let me know :D

Obviously, it will be hard to maintain something like this, so in the actual thread, if you player becomes open to be entered into one of the General records sections, make sure you let me know, as I may slip up and miss him :D (Obviously, that will be made very clear in the actual post.

Guest roberto922

I personally think it should be 200 for goals as 100 isn't that hard to achieve, one example is that Stones looks likely to get there in his 3rd season.

I personally think it should be 200 for goals as 100 isn't that hard to achieve, one example is that Stones looks likely to get there in his 3rd season.

What roberto said. Jinhui reached 100 goals pretty quickly...

And how about a section that includes number of championships won?

Guest roberto922

You mean number of trophies? If so I think they should go on a points basis such as Domestic Title: 5 points, Domestic Cup: 3 points, Continental Cup: 8 points etc.

Archived