Mac Editor for FM09?

Diego_Werderdona

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You might want to check the source code of the FM2009 Scout/Editor framework. Even though it's a .Net project, the locations of all objects in the memory are fully available from the source.

If the structure of the MAC version is the same of the Windows version, the only thing you need to do is write a ProcessManager for reading/writing to the memory. I have no MAC available, so I can't test it.

How does WINE work? Ive had a look but it looks a bit messy to me.

Im going to try using bootcamp to run an editor/scout. Unfortunately, because my windows partition isnt using FAT(does this make any difference?), I cant access my save game - I have to save it to a flash drive and copy it over. Very time consuming. Also annoying as Chelsea have just signed the best regen Ive ever seen and I missed out on him!

ooo I think I found competition prize money...that could be fun to edit :)

Also Im much closer to finishing now than I ever was on FM08SX - guess that's progress

Update: Nations done - all thats left to read in are people - I'll try to get that done in the next couple of days. If anyone wants to design a GUI in the meantime then that would make my life easier :)

Also Im much closer to finishing now than I ever was on FM08SX - guess that's progress

Update: Nations done - all thats left to read in are people - I'll try to get that done in the next couple of days. If anyone wants to design a GUI in the meantime then that would make my life easier :)

If I new how to make one I would, :( Keep up the good work!

I would love to be able to help you if I knew how to, unfortunately I've only recently switched to Mac. Congratulations on the progress! You're very talented. If you need a mirror for the final file, I have a website which has spare bandwidth.

I know it's a long shot, but is there any chance an FM09 Mac editor could be fiddled with to provide an 08 version??? I hate the new game, and would just about love you forever if you got an editor for last years game. However, thanks for the effort in Mac-ing a FM editor for any year!!

While I can't speak for Little Blue, the fact one was never released for FM08 (and an FM08 project was started) suggests that it won't be. The databases are different, the codes different, and from this thread it is all being converting to the FM09 database and to work with the 09 code. There is a long way to go before we see an FM09 version let alone if Little Blue then has time to make other versions. No harm in asking, but I'm highly doubtful.

KnightedManager - pretty much exactly what Kevynus said. I'm sorry but the chances of an FM08 version (from me anyway) are next to zero :(

As for GUIs, if you cant make an actual GUI, you could help me alot by coming up with one :) an image of how you think the editor should look would be very useful to me and save me time designing one ;)

If you give us a list of requirements then we could all chip in with ideas, well those of us how know how to anyway. We need a breakdown of all the things the editor will include; clubs, competitions, players, etc. Then a breakdown of what each will contain; for players this could include name, DoB, CA, PA, position. Will you be showing player attributes, or will it be simpler than that?

I wont be able to do anything in anything mac compatible, but I could still put my ideas onto a form layout to see what you think.

dont get too excited because Im not promising WHEN it'll be ready - Im just working on it as I get time. Found lots of cool new stuff though - records being one.

deep_dave - you should be able to search by almost anything. I think Ill release a scout only version before I release an edit-capable version as that is much much easier

btw, would people prefer 2 seperate applications (scout and editor) or both in the same application?

Which code are you using? Is there anything I can download for free to make a GUI with? I am using vb.net currently, which will obviously need to be completely re-written. I have started putting my ideas onto a form, but its been suspiciously similar to GenieScout (but less advanced). Is this a bad thing?

well I use Interface Builder (free) to do the GUI but if you dont know how to use that then it wont be worth donloading :) a form is fine - anything you like. Even an MS Paint scribbled concept would be fine lol.

I guess worst case scenario I can re-use the GUI from FM07SX

dont get too excited because Im not promising WHEN it'll be ready - Im just working on it as I get time. Found lots of cool new stuff though - records being one.

deep_dave - you should be able to search by almost anything. I think Ill release a scout only version before I release an edit-capable version as that is much much easier

btw, would people prefer 2 seperate applications (scout and editor) or both in the same application?

If you can get the scout out there quicker then please release that separately and as quick as possible! Doesn’t need much functionality, e.g just to see the PA & CA of the players would be great.

My wish would be for you to release something as soon as possible and then add functionality with later versions if and when you have the time.

Hey guys, let's not ask for news every day or so. let's give littleblue some space to work at her own pace, when there are developments, I'm sure she'll update us :)

Yep I agree with you 100%, its not going to be ready next week or anything like that so LittleBlue will update us when she is ready.

In the next few days Im going to upload a compatability checker. Id appreciate it if as many people as possible could download it and check to see if their save games pass, telling me of any errors/failures. This will mean a more stable scout/editor for everyone :) (your save games will need to be uncompressed)

Archived