The Huddersfield Town Thread FM10

jsdceltic

Welcome to the Huddersfield Town Thread for Football Manager 2010

0,,10794~3734918,00.gif

Background & History

Huddersfield Town Football Club is an English football club formed in 1908 and based in Huddersfield, West Yorkshire. They currently play in League One. Their manager is Lee Clark, who signed a contract to be manager on 11 December 2008 and took charge on 15 December.

In 1926, they became the first English team to win three successive league titles – a feat which only three other clubs have been able to match. They also won the FA Cup in 1922 and have been runners-up on 4 other occasions. On 2 February 2005, the name of the club was changed from Huddersfield Town Association Football Club to Huddersfield Town Football Club.

Nicknamed The Terriers, their mascot is Terry the Terrier. The club traditionally plays in a blue and white vertically striped shirt with white shorts. Its main rivals are Leeds United and Bradford City and lesser rivalries exist with Barnsley, Oldham Athletic, Sheffield United and Sheffield Wednesday. The club has developed a reputation as having a strong academy, a notion backed up by the present squad which contains a number of academy products.

The side plays its home games at the Galpharm Stadium, a ground shared with rugby league side Huddersfield Giants. The ground was originally named The Alfred McAlpine Stadium (after the construction company involved in its creation) due to a 10-year sponsorship agreement.

Their chairman is local businessman Dean Hoyle, who took over from previous chairman Ken Davy on June 3,2009.

Galpharm Stadium

galpharm-hr.png

Information:

Chairman Status: Loves The Club

Legends: Frank Worthington, Denis Law, Herbert Chapman, Andy Booth

Icons: Gerry Murphy

Favoured Personel: Peter Jackson, Ronnie Jepson, Marcus Stewart, Jon Stead, Kevin Gray, Iffy Onuroa, Neil Warnock, Rob Edwards, Nico Vaesen, Chris Billy, Tom Cowan, Darren Bullock

Fierce Rivals: Leeds, Bradford

Other Rivals: Oldham, Barnsley, Rotherham, Sheff Wed, Sheff Utd, Doncaster

Finances: Okay

Average Ticket Price: £16.00

Season Ticket Price: £250.00

Season Ticket Holders: 1,300

Media Prediction: 8th

Squad Personality: Loyal

Finances: 4.5m (loan debt:2.5m)

Squad Analysis

GOALKEEPERS

Alex Smithies is a very good goalkeeper and should be held on to for years to come in unless a team comes in with silly money.

Simon Eastwood is decent back up for league 1 and maybe even Championship and it's up to you if you want to sell and bring in better or keep him.

Not a position that needs urgent attention but with only 2 decent keepers in your team could be strengthened.

Centre Backs

Krystian Pearce is an exceptonal player for me he played nearly every game in League 1, Championship and Premiership for me and should be a first team starter.

In Peter Clarke, Nathan Clarke and Neal Trotman you have good strength in depth and any one of these players should be able to play alongside Pearce.

Again no need for any transfers in first season but if you get promoted should look to strenghten with some experience.

Full Backs

With Robbie Williams and Dean Heffernan no worries for left back but with a distinct lack of right backs at the club a good part of your 300k budget should go to that position.

I bought Danny Butterfield who did a very solid job for me all season so I would reccommend him to anyone.

Midfielders

You again have very good strength in depth in midfield with Lee Peltier and Tom Clarke both very good defensive midfielders and in Michael Collins, James Berrett, Danny Drinkwater and Anthony Kay also have a good attacking threat.

Again no urgent need to strenghten here as there is very good strength in depth

Wingers

With only 2 wingers in your team in Anthony Pilkington and Gary Roberts (although they are of very high quality) I would reccommend strenghining I used a wingless fromation so I didn't see the need to strengthen.

If you play with winger there is an urgent need to strengthen if doing so I reccommend look for loanees and freebies

Strikers

A very strong position in the team with Jordan Rhodes an excellent player who came all the way through the leagues with me also and Lee Novak, Theo Robinson and Robbie Simpson you are pretty much covered

I brought in Nathan Tyson as well as I played with 3 strikers and him and Rhodes finished top goalscorers for me that season but if you only play with 2 no urgent need to strenghen

Good luck with Huddersfield and be nice as this is my first ever team guide.

ps: Back to back promotion is achievable.:thup:

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm glad this thread has been created, i was just thinking the other day that i might start it myself, but i've been saved the work by someone on the same wavelength :D

I play as Huddersfield Town on my clan game, we have just finished the first season and started the 2nd.

Here is how the 1st season ended: Season 1 - League 1 Final Position Table

The only players i brought in were:

Summer - John Fleck (Loaned, a great player, helped the team out with 24 goals in all competitions), Daniel Pacheco (Loaned, not the greatest of players, should have loaned Damien Plessis instead), James Brown (Bought for 700k, was a good striker, mostly helping to provide goals, but he also finished with a nice amount of goals himself), Nathan Tyson (Bought for 300k, my player of the season, scoring 28 goals in all competitions).

January - Yaya Sanogo (Loaned, simply brilliant, thats the only way to explain him, he scored 9 goals and 3 assists in 9 games).

I notice you got Nathan Tyson. Didn't think anyone would have, thought i was the only 1! Lol! Anyway, he's a definate signing and has even started in the Championship really well! :) Yaya Sanogo is back on loan and has almost scored twice as many goals as he has played in!!! Sanogo went to Man Utd who is my feeder club in the 1st season, and that's why i snapped him up on loan in January.

Oh, and for right back, you have Anthony Kay who is 1 solid Right Back!!! So Huddersfield don't have problems there :)

I'm glad this thread has been created, i was just thinking the other day that i might start it myself, but i've been saved the work by someone on the same wavelength :D

I play as Huddersfield Town on my clan game, we have just finished the first season and started the 2nd.

Here is how the 1st season ended: Season 1 - League 1 Final Position Table

The only players i brought in were:

Summer - John Fleck (Loaned, a great player, helped the team out with 24 goals in all competitions), Daniel Pacheco (Loaned, not the greatest of players, should have loaned Damien Plessis instead), James Brown (Bought for 700k, was a good striker, mostly helping to provide goals, but he also finished with a nice amount of goals himself), Nathan Tyson (Bought for 300k, my player of the season, scoring 28 goals in all competitions).

January - Yaya Sanogo (Loaned, simply brilliant, thats the only way to explain him, he scored 9 goals and 3 assists in 9 games).

I notice you got Nathan Tyson. Didn't think anyone would have, thought i was the only 1! Lol! Anyway, he's a definate signing and has even started in the Championship really well! :) Yaya Sanogo is back on loan and has almost scored twice as many goals as he has played in!!! Sanogo went to Man Utd who is my feeder club in the 1st season, and that's why i snapped him up on loan in January.

Oh, and for right back, you have Anthony Kay who is 1 solid Right Back!!! So Huddersfield don't have problems there :)

Well Done:thup: Yes Tyson is sensational and I also strengthened in January but I did it with Caleb Folan great player.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I've not been on this forum for months, but am really pleased to see a Huddersfield thread up here now!

I'm playing an online game with a couple of mates. I got promoted to the Championship in the first season, lost in the play-off semi finals in the second season and am currently lying top of the Championship with 8 matches remaining, battling it out with Derby and Portsmouth for an automatic promotion spot.

We started playing the game in November, so it was the 10.1(?) patch. This meant I was able to bring in 3 more long-term loans to help out the team. I got Obertan and was offered Vladimir Weiss from Man City (as my parent club) so that helped strengthen the wingers and got Richie De Laet to cover the positions at the back. I managed to sign de Laet on a free transfer and he’s been a good signing. You can get Michael Mifsud on a free and he is a very good striker in League One, partnering Jordan Rhodes very well. He could also do the business in the Championship, until he demanded to be transfer listed and join a bigger club :(

I lost Smithies in my first season when Doncaster offered £675k for him and the board thought it was too good to refuse – I wasn’t happy cos it was only marginally above his value. With the money, I signed John Ruddy, who’s doing a decent job.

My first team are as follow: John Ruddy, Lee Peltier, Andrew Taylor, Peter Clarke, Ritchie de Laet, Anthony Pilkington, Darren Ambrose, Michael Collins, Salif Diao, Jordan Rhodes and Marlon Harewood.

I’ve also got Lars Stubhaug, Omozusi (DRC who used to play for Fulham), Chris Riggott, Tom Clarke, Joe Skarz, Josh Walker, James Berrett, Anthony Kay, Amdy Faye, Gary Roberts, David Healy and Lee Novak.

If I’m fortunate enough to get promoted, who do you think can make the step up to the Premiership, and who should I offload?

I’m concerned that I may need to offload the vast majority of players and start playing with a team that hasn’t gelled together.

Of the managers who have got Town into the Premiership, which players have done well for them in that league (both current Town players and those transferred in)?

Thanks

Hey LUFC,

Can't believe I'm going to help a Leeds fan ;) but I play him as an attacking winger. That said, he's not very good (2 assists in 19 matches and an av rating of 6.74).

Does anyone have any advice on which Hudds players will be able to make the grade in the Premiership, and which (cheap) players I can bring in to avoid relegation?

• 2 months later...

Kicked off a game with the Terriers and its goin brilliantly so far:

iqxaoo.png

1zgvxx4.png

The Sunderland game was a crazy one they took a lead in the 17th minute through Benjani but we matched them the whole game and performed well untill the last 12 minutes where they scored 5 goals lol!

Only transfers have been Chris Basham on loan, Michael Mifsud and Dejan Stefanovic on frees, with Theo Robinson moving to my Feeder Maclesfield on loan. Also got Manure as a parent club.

EDIT-Un****ingreal as soon as i post that update we lose our next game, a home game against Stockport 2-1, something fishy is definenty going on with these forums!

Guess i wont be gettin much conversation in here...ill carry on updating anyway.

So were startin life in the Championship and i though id be better off changing formations so ive switched from a 4-4-2 to a 4-5-1, then went about my buisness in the transfer market:

30k8xme.png

I was frustrated in the transfer market with free agents rejecting me in favour of other clubs and loanees rejecting me because of my rep, how ever i still feel ive put together a sweet little team:

aca0e9.png

First game of the season:

2hgah42.png

It can only get worse!

I'll talk to you mate :thup:

Some good transfers there, Gilbert is one who could turn out good if developed will. Also nice profit on Mifsud and a great start to the Championship!

Good luck headbang.gif (sorry I'm obsessed with this smiley that I saw in this thread :D)

I'll talk to you mate :thup:

Some good transfers there, Gilbert is one who could turn out good if developed will. Also nice profit on Mifsud and a great start to the Championship!

Good luck headbang.gif (sorry I'm obsessed with this smiley that I saw in this thread :D)

Cheers mate was pleased with the Mifsud transfer myself just hope he doesnt come back to haunt me :thup:

Just started a Huddersfield game, it's going well so far but still early days. Was just wondering, what role do you guys play Rhodes as to get him to perform best?

Hi mate, i played him as a Target Man Support with Mifsud as a Poacher. This season im trying him out as an Advanced Forward in a lone striker role (inno he doesnt really have the stats for it) hes performing well so far with 3 goals and 1 assist in 3 games.

Damn just lost to Middlesbrough 4-2 on pens after drawing 2-2, we had a pen in et which Roberts would usually take (and score hasnt missed one for me yet) but unfortunanly i hadnt set him as my pen taker so u steps Albrighton and missed :( have made sure to set it now!

Follwed that with a 3-0 win over Norwich, Albrighton running the show with a goal and an assist :)

Hi mate, i played him as a Target Man Support with Mifsud as a Poacher. This season im trying him out as an Advanced Forward in a lone striker role (inno he doesnt really have the stats for it) hes performing well so far with 3 goals and 1 assist in 3 games.

Cheers, mate. I've tried him in a few setups but he has been hit and miss largely depending on team talks, for example he ended a match with a 5.7 rating so with a little team talk action then went to get an 8 scoring 1 with an assist as well.

Nice to see it's possible to make the championship at least. Are you still playing Rhodes to good effect?

Started a Huddersfield game a few days ago, decided to play a 4-1-2-1-2 (442 diamond) formation. Set up like:

GK: Smithies

RB: Peltier

LB: Williams

CB: P. Clarke

CB: Pearce

DM: Emmanuel-Thomas (loan)

CM: Dimitrijevic

CM: Collins

AM: Drinkwater (loan)

ST: Rhodes

ST: Novak

Subs:

Eastwood (GK)

Kay (RB, CB, CM)

N. Clarke (CB)

Berret (DM, CM)

Pilkington (CM, AM)

Nardiello (ST)

Simpson (ST)

My only signings have been Dimitrijevic (free), Nardiello (£120k) and Emmanuel-Thomas (loan). I've sold Lucketti (£2k) and Gary Roberts (£475k). I have around £600k to spend, with a good bit left for wages as well. Where can I strengthen my team and are there any bargains out there?

Mice return from Pilkington mate, where do you play him out wide or in the centre. I played him out wide in League 1 and he was poor, this year ive put him in the centre and hes performing great.

I play him out wide as a winger with an attack role. Since I have two mainly defencive CMs he has become one of the main four attackers and often gets put through on goal surprisingly.

Outclassed, that's a decent looking side. JET should do well on loan there as he is pretty solid even in my Arsenal game.

Just like bus'es!

That strating XI should get you promoted mate, cant see anywhere to strenghten for now :thup:

Shame about Roberts hes fantastic for me, he doesnt fit into your system though so its fair enough.

Hows it going so far?

I made one more signing in the summer i forgot to add a young regen CB regen by the name of Tom Povey for 100k:

mhv8ef.png

Potential to be a Quality player as improving rapidly, really excited about his potential!

Started a Huddersfield game a few days ago, decided to play a 4-1-2-1-2 (442 diamond) formation. Set up like:

GK: Smithies

RB: Peltier

LB: Williams

CB: P. Clarke

CB: Pearce

DM: Emmanuel-Thomas (loan)

CM: Dimitrijevic

CM: Collins

AM: Drinkwater (loan)

ST: Rhodes

ST: Novak

Subs:

Eastwood (GK)

Kay (RB, CB, CM)

N. Clarke (CB)

Berret (DM, CM)

Pilkington (CM, AM)

Nardiello (ST)

Simpson (ST)

My only signings have been Dimitrijevic (free), Nardiello (£120k) and Emmanuel-Thomas (loan). I've sold Lucketti (£2k) and Gary Roberts (£475k). I have around £600k to spend, with a good bit left for wages as well. Where can I strengthen my team and are there any bargains out there?

Nathan Tyson is a must for that level and even Championship. For £300k he will get you the goals. I have signed on both of my Huddersfield saves.

EDIT: Play Berret. Ive seen him on my game become a good premiership player with the right training and matches.

Nathan Tyson turned me down for Coventry; so I went for Nardiello instead. I'm going after another midfielder to cover a months injury to Dimi. I'm confident with those four strikers that that is enough; maybe a cheap GK and fullback would just make sure I have a squad capable of dealing with all injuries.

I've loaded all Eastern European players, so after some good scouting around I've picked out a few players:

Bozhidar Mitrev - GK

Florin Patascu - CB/DM/CM

Volodymyr Polyovyi - RB/LB

EDIT: Only played 2 league games so far, but won both.

Looks like Rhodes is knocking in the goals for you there balls. Before the season started he suffered a 3 month injury; but Novak/Simpson partnership has been clinical-

Novak: 5 apps, 7 goals, 1 assists

Simpson: 4(1) apps, 3 goals, 3 assists

What role would people say Nardiello would excel at?

Andmy formation seems to be getting the results, but the opponents have loads of shots and always seem to get at least 1 goal. How can I make the backline more sturdy?

Looks like Rhodes is knocking in the goals for you there balls. Before the season started he suffered a 3 month injury; but Novak/Simpson partnership has been clinical-

Novak: 5 apps, 7 goals, 1 assists

Simpson: 4(1) apps, 3 goals, 3 assists

What role would people say Nardiello would excel at?

Andmy formation seems to be getting the results, but the opponents have loads of shots and always seem to get at least 1 goal. How can I make the backline more sturdy?

If there getting in lots of shots I'd make sure the whole midfield was closing down as to limit these shots. :thup:

Just hit Jan and the Championship looks like this:

v5wm75.png

4-5 weeks ago we had only conceded 5 goals but weve let 9 in in the last 8 games, still keepin 4 clean sheets in the process!

11m87iv.png

Nathan Clarke has gotta go now, he was poor for me last season and poor this season. Him and Briductt have problems because i issued them warnings for their **** performances in a 4-2 win over Plymouth.

Chelsea next in the FA Cup at Stamford Bridge :thup:

Archived