Seeming Remedy for the Crash Defect

To those who have encoutered the crash defect, I can report that I tried Matt's suggestion of going to preferences and unticking the "Enable Data Collection" box. I played one season of game play and am happy to report that since following Matt's suggestion, I have not encountered any crash. It would seem that this has resolved the problem. Therefore, anyone who encountered the crash defect, I would suggest you try this. A sticky should be put at the top of this board outlining suggested solutions to the crash defect.

... *bursts out laughing*

You really have been missed, mate. :D

I've had the honesty to try the suggested solution, take the time to try it, and then take the time to post that it was a success. Hopefully that will help others who have encountered similar difficulties. Did that make you laugh too? By the way, were you involved in the testing process?

I wasn't being sarcastic originally, if that didn't come across clearly.

I've had the honesty to try the suggested solution, take the time to try it, and then take the time to post that it was a success. Hopefully that will help others who have encountered similar difficulties. Did that make you laugh too?

No, it did not. Were you going for funny?

By the way' date=' were you involved in the testing process?[/quote']

No, I wasn't. Was there a point to that question?

I have welcomed you back to the forums. For real, I might add. The post you replied to was completely legit.

Please stop trying to hijack this topic which is intended to offer help to others with a problem that you did not encounter and therefore which should not be of concern to you.

Please stop trying to hijack this topic which is intended to offer help to others with a problem that you did not encounter and therefore which should not be of concern to you.

If you care, which I doubt, I did encounter the problems of the crash dump.

Tie Fighter has made an effort to help those with technical problems so anyone else, who has nothing positive to add to the thread, please dont bother posting

Honestly, did you even read the first post I made in this thread?

I welcomed him back to the forums. How is that not positive?

Honestly, did you even read the first post I made in this thread?

I welcomed him back to the forums. How is that not positive?

Yes, I did and I also took the trouble to send you a PM about this some time ago- you clearly have forgotten what I asked you to do.

To those who have encoutered the crash defect, I can report that I tried Matt's suggestion of going to preferences and unticking the "Enable Data Collection" box. I played one season of game play and am happy to report that since following Matt's suggestion, I have not encountered any crash. It would seem that this has resolved the problem. Therefore, anyone who encountered the crash defect, I would suggest you try this. A sticky should be put at the top of this board outlining suggested solutions to the crash defect.

There was someone else (could've been you for all i remember :D) who suggested that, but it did not work for me, as i've always played with that unticked.

Had over 50 crash dumps before i formatted my HDD and installed another OS.

I've got over 50 crash dumps now after.

I tried doing the opposite by enabling the Data Collection, but it didn't change anything.

Played with 1 league, played with all leagues. All the same. The only thing that delayed "the inevitable" for me was to remove most of the subscriptions. That seemed to help a lot for me.

Apart from that it's still all the same for me, unfortunately.

Been cleaning registry. Defragging registry, Got rid of junk files. Scanned for viruses and malware. Defragging the HDD. Removed all 3rd party graphics. Clean uninstalls. Unedited db and edited db.

It just doesn't matter what i do. So i've really given up on the crashes and learned to live with it. Still playing like crazy, but i always expect the crash to happen at some point.

*****EDIT******

This is where i read about it the first time.

Archived