FM with no CD problem

I have installed fm2010 withut steam as my internet is not good enough to download it . however i have just realised that you can play FM with no disk via steam.

As i have allready installed it , is there any way i can play it with no diskk?

Yes, open FM10 with disk inserted, then remove the disk and dont shutdown FM10 ever again.

As far as i am aware FM10 only requires disk on start up.

Not very practical i know but i think that would work.

Last year you could use up to 5 activations and use the same code, so didnt require the disc, with or without Steam. This year you require either the disc in the drive or to have acces to your Steam account ( but you can play in offline mode )

ohh i see , i think there should be a way to play it without a cd once installed though.

They did that last year. You had Steam or you had activation on up to 5 PC's with no need for disc.

Needless to say the Pira... sorry, the DRM bandwagon got into needless motion, got all hysterical over activation, and the just reward is that you are now all back to putting the disc in the drive.

Made me laugh when I saw this years plans.:D

ohh i see , i think there should be a way to play it without a cd once installed though. If they are doing this to make sure people do not just buy one copy and share it , maybe you should have to put your cd in once a month or somehting?

Install via Steam and then set Steam to run in offline mode. No connection needed except for the first time, no Steam needed, no disc needed.

I do not see what the fuss is about to have a CD in the drive for 25 seconds. Start the game, take out the CD and use the drive if you really have to.

Plus who puts music CD's or whatever into their drive these days anyway?

My game is always in the drive, doesn't do me any harm.

With FM10 the disk has to stay in whilst you are playing, you cant take it out.

With FM10 the disk has to stay in whilst you are playing, you cant take it out.

Fair enough then, I just tried it then and it took a few in game days for it to actually ask for the CD. As stated, I always leave it in the drive.

Still, if you are playing a game, do not see why you need to use a cd/dvd player.

I guess every FM manager is an "alt-tab" manager. :D

Install via Steam and then set Steam to run in offline mode. No connection needed except for the first time, no Steam needed, no disc needed.

the problem is my internet is not good enough to install it via steam , can you please take me through the steps of what to do ?

If you install via Steam from the disk, you won't need to download the game IIRC. Just go through the installation procedure as normal (uninstall if it's already installed) and make sure you choose Steam as your install method.

for some reason it is downloading perfectly now , but i have allready installed it with the disk before , if i leave it to download can i still play with my other save games and everything , or will it affect itT ??

Should be fine, there is nothing to download or install that will write over your save games.

Archived