FM10: Tomas Necid

manutdfan4lyf

• 3 months later...

i had him at sunderland on an old save and he got 30+ in his first season from advanced forward so i thin he cant cut it at the top i managed to get him on loan for 1m for sheff utd who had him and got relegated the year before

• 3 weeks later...

Must say that I think Necid is one of the most under-rated and effective strikers in the game. With targetman attack settings and with two quality wingers in support of him slinging crosses into the box he'll score hatfuls and make a mockery of the heading 'bug'.

Granted, he doesn't have technical flashy stats but he's a great example of how setting up your tactics to utilise a players strengths can reap rewards. He's not just a threat in the air, his striking stats (finishing, composure, anticipation & off the ball) are also well above average.

Here's how he's done for me this season. I like to rotate him depending on the tactics I'm using for each game but his record in Ligue 1 is very good.

2wew8bo.png

Aye, he's hopeless against the likes of Cannes and Istres, they really show him up to be the lumbering oaf he is :). As you know HoPeY, there's more than enough technically gifted players in the Lyon side to compensate for Necid's shortcomings...

• 1 month later...

I got him for 5.5 million in Season 2 of my Newcastle save. He is my top scorer with 18 in 19 starts, although 5 of them came in one European cup game (we won the FA cup in season 1).

His attributes are slightly higher than the initial post, but my scouts seem to think he has peaked and has reached his potential.

I play him at the center of a 3 man strike force, where his job is to get onto the end of crosses or through balls, he also has 13 assists as he plays a lot of through balls to my two wide strikers, as well as allowing them to pick up a few of his rebounds.

He is my top scorer in season 2 with Newcastle, but he hardly scores in League matches.

Played 30, scored 26. But they break down to.....

League, Played 20, scored 5, assists 12.

Cup and Continental , Played 10, scored 21, assists 8.

He has scored 5 on two occasions in cup and continental matches.

It is strange and I can only assume it is a hidden attribute causing him to perform so well when not in the league.

Archived