Players history disappearing

I'm currently midway through a game with Sporting Lisbon as my team and i'm thoroughly enjoying it. That was until I noticed that my players histories have stated to disappear. Take for example my new signing Gignac, instead of his history showing he played for Toulouse and a few other clubs before I signed him it now shows his first season as 2009/2010 with Sporting being his first club. The same thing has happened to Bernardo and now Matias fernandez. Has this happened to anybody else?

P.S Sorry I haven't been able to post a screenshot as I am completely useless at those sort of things and I haven't got a clue what I am doing

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've just got this message when I tried to save my game aswell "FOOTBALL MANAGER 2010 10.1.0f84847 has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

IIRC if AVG ran a scan while FM was running it caused this problem. Even if you haven't requested a scan you may have it set up to scan at a particualr time every day. I would close your AVG or antivirus software when playing.

But my AVG wasnt scanning while i play FM10...

IIRC if AVG ran a scan while FM was running it caused this problem. Even if you haven't requested a scan you may have it set up to scan at a particualr time every day. I would close your AVG or antivirus software when playing.

Aaaahhh that may well be the problem cheers mate.

But my AVG wasnt scanning while i play FM10...

Are you 100% positive?

Sometimes AVGs auto scan without telling you or showing you any sign they are

Also, some use passive scanning (which basically scans files as they go in and out of your memory)

Right it's just happened to me again and im not happy :( If it is something to do with the virus killer could someone tell me how to turn it off. I've got AVG 8.5 version. Or could someone tell me how to tell my virus killer is a trusted application please.

You can make your virus program exclude FM usually. Should be under preferences. I´ve set my avast! to exclude FM and various other games and it works well.

AVG doesn't have a preferences option mate and if it does its well hidden.

You can make your virus program exclude FM usually. Should be under preferences. I´ve set my avast! to exclude FM and various other games and it works well.

I don't have the preferences option on my avg virus killer mate

It happened to Nathan Ellington in my game. It actually helped him look good.

Have a look to see if its happened to anybody else in your squad. At first it started out as one player for me. Then one by one they all started disappearing. :(

Aaaahhh that may well be the problem cheers mate.

That could be duff advice if he's connectd to Steam via the internet

Tbh, *if* its the fault of an AVG software, then we should look at common AVGs and tell them to stop altering files/memory when they shouldnt be

AVGs are supposed to scan for anything bad, and only alter something if anything bad is found

Tbh, there is also a chance it is nothing to do with AVG software, its just a case of that has been decided to be the most likely culprit

Concerning turning off AVG

Please ONLY consider it if you arent connected to the internet or any external sources

Tbh, *if* its the fault of an AVG software, then we should look at common AVGs and tell them to stop altering files/memory when they shouldnt be

AVGs are supposed to scan for anything bad, and only alter something if anything bad is found

Tbh, there is also a chance it is nothing to do with AVG software, its just a case of that has been decided to be the most likely culprit

Concerning turning off AVG

Please ONLY consider it if you arent connected to the internet or any external sources

I'm not goin to bother turning it off. I reckon its something else anyway.

I have the same problem, but i think the problem is when i use the editor to modify a player's history, because this "bug" only affect to players that i edited his career (matches played, team, etc).

You could be right. I use the editor to get rid of all the zeros from the players history, were they haven't played or scored in a season.

You could be right. I use the editor to get rid of all the zeros from the players history, were they haven't played or scored in a season.

are you talking about default FM data editor or some other editor to edit saved game files?

Just happened again. Where and how can I upload my save game. This is really anoying... In all my years playing FM I've never had anything like this. I guess I'm going back to 09. I hope there is anyone out there who can help us!

Indeed, it only happens after à official game.

yea its a real pain I am trying to sort it out since the creaters do not have any answers and I cant find anyone else who can give me the possible sollutions, when they created the game how they let these problems go unseen is a mystery to me when they are basic eras. Its not like they were massive complicated isues and they knew a lot off ppl used the editor and ist the reason why I play the game obvious we want the history and stats.

yea its a real pain I am trying to sort it out since the creaters do not have any answers and I cant find anyone else who can give me the possible sollutions, when they created the game how they let these problems go unseen is a mystery to me when they are basic eras. Its not like they were massive complicated isues and they knew a lot off ppl used the editor and ist the reason why I play the game obvious we want the history and stats.

My thoughts exactly. Why else would we want to play the game, if we can't even see what amount of goals our strikers score! I really hope we can get a serious answer soon!

My thoughts exactly. Why else would we want to play the game, if we can't even see what amount of goals our strikers score! I really hope we can get a serious answer soon!

I may have found the sollutions its of 2 possibiltys I may be wrong but after 2 games the history and stats are still there on my game knowing my gut feeling it will still dissapear. here is the possible sollutions.

1 when you start a new game go to the preference options untick the compressed saved games, browse through and put it on data editor

2 when you start the game sort your teams out your first 11 and first 12 players get who is penalty takers free kick takers etc etc go on holliday come back when a official game starts. start the game go on holiday after 1 game and check.

thats my sollutions if not working I hope the next patch sorts this out.

I may have found the sollutions its of 2 possibiltys I may be wrong but after 2 games the history and stats are still there on my game knowing my gut feeling it will still dissapear. here is the possible sollutions.

1 when you start a new game go to the preference options untick the compressed saved games, browse through and put it on data editor

2 when you start the game sort your teams out your first 11 and first 12 players get who is penalty takers free kick takers etc etc go on holliday come back when a official game starts. start the game go on holiday after 1 game and check.

thats my sollutions if not working I hope the next patch sorts this out.

Does that mean you don't play a single game yourself? I'm sorry, my english isn't that great, could you explain a little more detailed what you have done?

Does that mean you don't play a single game yourself? I'm sorry, my english isn't that great, could you explain a little more detailed what you have done?

you know in pre season matches, go on holiday skip those go to official match say a community shield if you are man utd or chelsea save that game make sure you have, then go to the match let it go underway for a phew minutes and then go back on holiday, if the stats are still there go back to the game you saved and maybe you can play the game normely

you know in pre season matches, go on holiday skip those go to official match say a community shield if you are man utd or chelsea save that game make sure you have, then go to the match let it go underway for a phew minutes and then go back on holiday, if the stats are still there go back to the game you saved and maybe you can play the game normely

But does this all come down to the fact that when the game doesn't compress the saves it works fine? Is that what you mean?

But does this all come down to the fact that when the game doesn't compress the saves it works fine? Is that what you mean?

maybe but what I have learned is I think I am not convinced my theory works but so far its been alright I think LOL, untick the saved compressed box in the preference page and browse through at the bottom of the prefercnce page just above anather tick option and choose data editor.

like I said go on holiday skip the pre season matches. go to official match let it run a phew minutes go back on holiday see if the stats and history are still there if they are. and then maybe you go back to the game and play the official match again and it may work fine. thats my only sollutions to this annoying problem plaging FM 2010 until a patch sorting out this tiny glitch on the game.

maybe but what I have learned is I think I am not convinced my theory works but so far its been alright I think LOL, untick the saved compressed box in the preference page and browse through at the bottom of the prefercnce page just above anather tick option and choose data editor.

like I said go on holiday skip the pre season matches. go to official match let it run a phew minutes go back on holiday see if the stats and history are still there if they are. and then maybe you go back to the game and play the official match again and it may work fine. thats my only sollutions to this annoying problem plaging FM 2010 until a patch sorting out this tiny glitch on the game.

Do you mean in the general preference screen? That only says where everything is stored right?

Have you experimented already? What have you learned so far?

well just untick the saved compred one, but the second sollution I posted follow those steps this may sort it out

Did you try it at first with only the first option, or did you start with combining those two?

I did a both unticking the box clicking the browse option and going to data editor and the step by step instructions and skiping the pre season games. so far on my 4th game and this stats history are still there

Have you already tried to save your game, go to the main menu and te re-load the game? This is when it happened to me twice...

And in the preferences screen did you tick the "use "user data" folder fortemperary files" button?

Have you already tried to save your game, go to the main menu and te re-load the game? This is when it happened to me twice...

well like I said follow the steps, get your 11 and 12 players sorted skip all the pre season games by going on holiday. then go to an official game let the match play for a phew minutes go back on holiday. see if the stats and history are there if they are go back to the same game if you have saved it and start the match proper and the history and stats should be there once the match is over.

well like I said follow the steps, get your 11 and 12 players sorted skip all the pre season games by going on holiday. then go to an official game let the match play for a phew minutes go back on holiday. see if the stats and history are there if they are go back to the same game if you have saved it and start the match proper and the history and stats should be there once the match is over.

I understand. I just did that. Then i saved my game after the match wa splayed. Re-loaded it, and then all the histories were gone again... That's why I ask.

And you said choose the data editor folder, but do you mean the editor 2010 folder, cause I can't seem to find the other one. And did you thick or unthick the box below the option-screen for folder locations?

Archived