No Players Database for 8.0.2 Download Inside...

DietSpam

They say you can't win anything with kids...Well, now you have to.

Every player in the FM world has been deleted, and all you have to work with is what ever comes through the ranks at clubs youth systems. I created this too see if the Newgens could ever reach the same level of quality the 'Real' players have at their disposal. It's pretty interesting. I thought I'd share the database for anyone wanting it. Every player, player manager and player coach the world over is gone. Not just in Europe.

You may notice a hand full of player coaches. It's a bug. For instance, Physio/MC.

The database is modified from the default 8.0.2. This will not work on games, or editors on previous versions, and, unfortunately, I'm not going to make them for previous versions. Maybe for future ones if it's something people are interested in.

So, load up and have fun. Test your grooming skills to the max.

Here are 2 download links. You'll also need Win Rar to open the file.

Download Link 1

Download Link 2

If you're wondering where the hell to put the database...

XP: C:\Documents and Settings\Your user name\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\db

Vista: C:\Users\Your user name\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\db

Enjoy.

Looks interesting and I am tempted to use this as my way to build a whole new worldwide league system, cold take another massive edit, but could be a lot of fun icon_wink.gif

And it also means that there are no players everybody knows in my newly created nation which is something I am running up against right now icon_smile.gif

Also sounds interesting.

I ran the database overnight and got to about 2014. IT was interesting to see how players developed. The highest valued player was one from China playing at Real Madrid. He started off at some low China club.

What I've found is that most good players seem to have all their relevant stats quite high. IE striker has high finishing etc..

But if you look at the great players we have now, the real ones, they are much more rounded.

I was surprised that the big teams still won everything. For the most part. Hibs did do two in a row...and Liverpool seemed to be dominating the EPL.

But i was expecting the whole FM world to turn on it's head.

I was also worried that best there was no outstanding players that most results would be boring 1-0 scores. Not the case at all. Play seemed normal.

sound great, im donwloading it now. nice finds dietspam, i also found this in a game i played when looking at youngsters in 2019. the big teams still win most things due to the fact that there youth facilities are really good, so they get good youths...

i also found this in a game i played when looking at youngsters in 2019. the big teams still win most things due to the fact that there youth facilities are really good, so they get good youths...

Well, what i found was that the best players came from crap teams. It's just the big teams had money to buy 'em when they had developed.

Brilliant stuff!

I selected some 70+ leagues from 30+ countries and let it run for a season, and there's only about 11K players out there... only 93 of them are PA 170+, and the best player in the world has CA 132 icon_smile.gif Most of the top teams have players barely breaking CA 100... does wonders for giving the little guy a chance. icon_smile.gif

The oldest player is 23 years old.

Originally posted by DietSpam:

I was surprised that the big teams still won everything. For the most part. Hibs did do two in a row...and Liverpool seemed to be dominating the EPL.

But i was expecting the whole FM world to turn on it's head.

I was also worried that best there was no outstanding players that most results would be boring 1-0 scores. Not the case at all. Play seemed normal.

Thats because those matches aren't played in detail so they are only simed and player skills dont affect the results. The results are pretty much determined by club reputation and a few other factors.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by M0nk3yFac3:

... the big teams still win most things due to the fact that there youth facilities are really good, so they get good youths...

Also the results will be heavily affected by clubs' reputations, which are unchanged.

This does look like an excellent job dietspam. I'll keep an eye on this thread and maybe download it when I'm tired of my current campaign. icon14.gif

That's the beauty of it... at the beginning, all the youngsters are dirt cheap, and quite poor. It will take a few years until the clubs can raise them to the levels we're all used to.

I'd say the quality of their scouts and coaches will have much more impact than cash, or even reputation... as all players start pretty much from zero, none have much of a reputation.

one thing i've been trying is to give as many teams as possible 20 in training and youth system. Don't have much time to play the game so i'havent seen any major advances

But it might pay off when i really get into it

if worse comes to worse that FM Genie could come in handy

• 3 weeks later...

I've noticed a few people asking around for something like this. So i thought i'd give it a bump.

Also, feel free to make your own alterations to the database, which i'm sure most of you have done already. But i don't mind you distributing it as well.

• 1 month later...

Archived