Juan Mata

b9rbatov

iv just bought Mata for AC Milan and im wondering what is best to do with him

i play basically play a 4-4-2 and im wondering whether to retrain him as either a striker or left midfielder to make him natural in that position

iv done alot of rebuilding and i am lacking both on the left wing and up front

at first i thought 19 off the ball meant he would be brilliant as a striker but then i considered that maybe off the ball on the wing would lead to more goals from other positions

he has only 10 for heading which is another reason i thought he wouldnt be so good up front

im considering buying buonanotte for the wing or rossie/lisandro lopez up front depending on where i decide to put mata

im only in the second season so there are no good regens yet either

if anyone has successfully train him to natural striker and has success please let me know

also any advise or suggestions would be appreciated.

left midfield it is then

heres a screenshot hopey although im not sure why ones needed

hes only second season and just signed so i havent had time to try to max out his stats or anything

Picture5.png

anyone play in the serie A and had any experiance with lisandro lopez or Rossi or any other strikers well suited to the italian league

First season on the left of a 4-4-2 for my At. Madrid team

Stats:

58 Apps

13 Gls

26 Asts

4 MoM

2 Yel

0 Red

3.46 Tk

68% Pass

46% Sh Tar

59 Fouls

118 Fls Ag

7.26 Av R

Major Awards:

Spainish Player of the Year - 3rd place

LIGA BBVA Team of the Season - Sub

LIGA BBVA Player of the Year - 3rd

So good season really, he's natural in ML now.

I say play him on the left

As far as strikers are concerned it depends, If you have an out and out striker already get Rossi, I'd think he's play well up top with Pato.

anyone paid as much as me for him?

and whats the highest people have seen him (valued excluding transfer fees paid)

I've only played him as Valencia, but if there's any players out there worth that much, he it. I'm a bit biased though, since he's my favorite young player IRL. As for Italian league strikers, Keirrison works great with Pato.

nope play him wide left ! for me, i bought him for 24 mill. for barca and hes skinning people in and out. lots of assists aswell! probably first name on my team sheet :)

Yup, I agree with the wide left side role.

I have had him in many games and he is always amazing.

Unfortunately in my current game I just missed out on signing him

I am playing as Sunderland and after finishing 3rd in the first season I got £54 million transfer budget, agreed to buy him for £14 million, then f**king Man City swooped in and signed him.

anyone paid as much as me for him?

and whats the highest people have seen him (valued excluding transfer fees paid)

One of my older games with Sunderland where I managed to sign him, he was at something like £25 million at the age of 23 or 24, can't quite remember which.

• 3 weeks later...

I've got him for Q.P.R on patch 9.01 database for about £4.4m and I need advice on whether to play him on the wing or in central midfield. I also need advice on instructions for him too. I've tried him in both positions and he's done ok but not brilliantly as I'd expect with such utterly brilliant stats. He's not getting many key passes or runs in both positions.

I've got him for Q.P.R on patch 9.01 database for about £4.4m and I need advice on whether to play him on the wing or in central midfield. I also need advice on instructions for him too. I've tried him in both positions and he's done ok but not brilliantly as I'd expect with such utterly brilliant stats. He's not getting many key passes or runs in both positions.

I used him in the AML position, quite high creative freedom, free role, RWB on often, cross ball on mixed, through balls on often.

I used him in the AML position, quite high creative freedom, free role, RWB on often, cross ball on mixed, through balls on often.

I'll try that although he doesn't seem to respond too well too high CF and free role at the same time. Or more likely he hasn't settled in yet.

I'll try that although he doesn't seem to respond too well too high CF and free role at the same time. Or more likely he hasn't settled in yet.

Could be that he hasn't settled as you said, if he's not responding well to the free role and CF, lower it to around 11/12 and see how he does then.

• 2 months later...

bought him out for 21.5M due to a release clause, Madrid want him badly now as I play him as AML and he is skinning people inside out. I have my wingers cut to the byline and cross, also help out in defense so they tire easily but I have Wilshere to back him up incase he is fatigued. Fantastic player that can play as ML, AML, AMC or ST.

I bought Mata at the beggining of the 2nd Season for Arsenal, and i have only played 2 games into new season, and he is absolutely brilliant.

2 MoM's, 2 Goals, 2 Assists, :) Average rating of 8. something, will check in a bit when i load up the game.

Some people never seem to get success from him, but so far, his dribbling and goals have been exquisit! :D

Archived