Adding the Preffered Foot into the Tactics screen

ReneW

I am trying to add the Preffered Foot into the tactics screen, as I think it is quite usefull to have that info right in view rather than click on each player to see if they are right left or either footed.

Now I have got it so far that i have a column in the opposition instructions that says Pref Foot, but it doesnt show the preffered foot yet

I grabbed the code, pfot, from the players overview where it said that pfot was the code for preffered foot, but now it doesnt show anything but -

Can anyone give me a clue about how to fix this that there would show right left or either.

Into addition to this

I have extracted the panels into a folder

I grabbed the opposition tactic person list.xml and edited this file and put it into the steklo skin folder I use, to get it to work.

and have added the Pref Foot bar into the person list table.xml which I have added into the same folders aswell

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Many of us have tried before, can't be done, pfot is just not 'visible' or in the scope of the other panel.

It's one of those things that have been mentioned year after year. Just like being able to print/save certain screens as an example, fixtures, which I'm still waiting since fm2005, and to be honest I've lost hope in Ter's words that it would be included in fm5.0.5. I know you can add printable, and that part of it does come out but not all of the data, that was what he was going to look after.

Luck in your attempts.

it isnt an option that isnt used else where in the game, this pfot is being used in the overview for players, so when it can be called up there, should be able to called up elsewhere aswell, unless this code has been told only to be usable in the player overview.

good thing i am stubborn and when someone says it cannot be done i keep on fiddling till i do get it done.

I have succeeded in adding the preffered foot into the opposition instructions. Now under condition and Morale the foot for Right, Left or either will be shown in my tactics screen.

I have zipped it together into a little file and put it on FileFront for everyone to download if they want to use it aswell.

Where to put it?

Just into the Panels folder of the skin you want to use. If you do not want to overwrite the files because you have editted them yourself. Then add a record for Pfot into the person list table.xml. Then in opposition tactic person list.xml find condition value and add in there <flags id="Pfot"/> <!-- Preffered Foot --> and add this line into any other place you want it to show up.

I have added person search list.xml aswell into which I have changed some too, into Other I have put the club team, nationality and position in as I find this usefull to know next to the persons age weekly wage and value. Aswell I changed some info into General Info and Contract to make it more usefull on the information I want from the player.

in short...

download panels.zip from FileFront.

unzip panels.zip into /skins/[your skin used]/panels/

reload the skin in FM and check yourself

good thing i am stubborn and when someone says it cannot be done i keep on fiddling till i do get it done.

I have succeeded in adding the preffered foot into the opposition instructions. Now under condition and Morale the foot for Right, Left or either will be shown in my tactics screen.

I have zipped it together into a little file and put it on FileFront for everyone to download if they want to use it aswell.

Where to put it?

Just into the Panels folder of the skin you want to use. If you do not want to overwrite the files because you have editted them yourself. Then add a record for Pfot into the person list table.xml. Then in opposition tactic person list.xml find condition value and add in there <flags id="Pfot"/> <!-- Preffered Foot --> and add this line into any other place you want it to show up.

I have added person search list.xml aswell into which I have changed some too, into Other I have put the club team, nationality and position in as I find this usefull to know next to the persons age weekly wage and value. Aswell I changed some info into General Info and Contract to make it more usefull on the information I want from the player.

in short...

Nice work mate

Where to put it?

in short...

Legend! I've been after this tweak for years!

I tried to extract the opposition tactic person list.xml into C:\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\skins\flex09\panels\ .

Unfortunately no luck...can anyone please advise if i did it correctly...

Would someone be kind enough to upload the screenshot?

Appreciate your help...Thanks.

a tip for everyone .. ussing de pfot created in the person list table.xml ...and add the prefered foot on the tactic person list for the selection of the kicker of corner kicks and free kicks ...

<record id="atcr">
               <string id="text" value="Corners"/>
               <record id="view">
                 <flags id="Ppkd"/>
                 <!-- picked info -->
                 <flags id="Pnfo"/>
                 <!-- status info -->
                 <flags id="Pnam"/>
                 <!-- person name -->
                 <flags id="Pcor"/>
                 <!-- (t) corner taking -->
	  <flags id="Pfot"/>
                 <!-- (p) prefered foot -->
               </record>
             </record>

<record id="atsp">
               <string id="text" value="Free Kicks"/>
               <record id="view">
                 <flags id="Ppkd"/>
                 <!-- picked info -->
                 <flags id="Pnfo"/>
                 <!-- status info -->
                 <flags id="Pnam"/>
                 <!-- person name -->
                 <flags id="Pfrk"/>
                 <!-- free kicks -->
	  <flags id="Pfot"/>
                 <!-- (p) prefered foot -->
               </record>
             </record>

On a similar note, I am trying to get the player position to show in the opposition instructions screen, just below the condition and morale menus. I find this useful since I like to decide even the opponents' reserves' instructions before the game to be ready once they come on.

I have inserted

<record id="posi"> 
					<string id="text" value="Position"/> 
					<record id="view">
						<flags id="Ppkd"/> <!-- picked info -->
						<flags id="Pnfo"/> <!-- status info -->
						<flags id="Pnam"/> <!-- person name -->
						<flags id="Ppos"/> <!-- position -->
					</record>
				</record>

beneath the morale code and so far so good:

LevadeiakosvAuxerre.png

However the player position is not displayed, although when I hover the mouse over it, it does shows the player's position:

LevadeiakosvAuxerre-3.png

So frustrating, I am so close to getting it right but can't figure it out. Anybody can give me a hand?

I have also modified ReneW's discovery to enable the opponent's preferred foot to appear in this manner:

LevadeiakosvAuxerre-2.png

This is the code I've used:

<record id="foot"> 
					<string id="text" value="Show Onto Foot[COMMENT: tactics: opposition player specific instructions; title]"/> 
					<record id="view">
						<flags id="Pfot"/> <!-- Preferred Foot -->
						<flags id="OPsf"/> <!-- opposition player: show onto foot -->
					</record>
				</record>

I find it's quicker visually this way. Feel free to use it in your game.

open the resource archiever

load panels.fmf

extract all the files

save them into a folder

then you will have all the files you can edit there

What kind of software program do i need to open the fmf file? Is there a specific software required?

I founf the panels.fmf in :

E:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\tools\resource archiver\data

Is this the file you are referring to?

As it is my first time doing this, would like to apologize in advance if i asked some irrelevant questions.

Thanks for your patient.

After fiddling around with the xml files, my opposition player instructions screen now looks like this :

ChelseavDerby.png

Obviously, there are two problems :

1.) The player name is not visible even though I have included it as a part of the xml file in the opposition player section.

This is the coding in the xml file

<record id="deta">
					<string id="text" value="Instructions"/> 
					<boolean id="tick" value="false"/>
					<record id="view">
						<flags id="OPtm"/> <!-- opposition player: tight marking -->
						<flags id="OPcd"/> <!-- opposition player: closing down -->
						<flags id="OPtk"/> <!-- opposition player: tackling -->
						<flags id="Pfot"/> <!-- Preferred Foot -->
						<flags id="OPsf"/> <!-- opposition player: show onto foot -->
					</record>
				</record>

2.) More obviously, the Second Frame in the screen, that is one named Instructions, fills up half the screen space and doesn't let the show unto foot column to be visible. How do I go about removing the Instructions frame from this window and make all this into a single frame with only the first portion visible ? If it's not possible to remove that frame completely, how do I reduce the width of that frame ?

I'll find it very useful because I can select all of the opposition instructions for all of the opposition players at once.

Thanks in advance ! :thup:

has something to do with your screen not wide enough.

there are some auto hide numbers implemented and those kick in as to what should be shown and what not according to the width of your screen.

Oh. IIRC my screen resolution for the game is 1024 X 768. Is there any way to delete the second frame named "instructions" from that screen, or atleast make its width much smaller so that everything gets included ?

in person list table.xml you can set the width on the collumns also you can add other collumns in this

Can I change the width of the Instructions column in opposition instructions using player list table.xml ? I'll see if i can change anything, but I would really appreciate it if you told me how :) :)

That looks good. Much easier than selecting each player and doing it separately. Would be good if you uploaded the file when you are finished.

Yeah will do that :thup:

Still thinking about how to remove that second frame from the opposition instructions screen though. If I do that, the options will be much more spaced out and easier to select. One thing I've noticed when playing with this is that it's a little unclear when you set the instructions for substitute players. It's a little confusing when I do that, with all the options close together.

Would be awesome if someone could direct me as to how to remove the second frame. I'm sure it'll contribute to a much better FM experience.

Yeah will do that :thup:

Still thinking about how to remove that second frame from the opposition instructions screen though. If I do that, the options will be much more spaced out and easier to select. One thing I've noticed when playing with this is that it's a little unclear when you set the instructions for substitute players. It's a little confusing when I do that, with all the options close together.

Would be awesome if someone could direct me as to how to remove the second frame. I'm sure it'll contribute to a much better FM experience.

How do you adjust the column widths and heading text el sid?

Great work by the way :thup:

Here you go Danny,

http://rapidshare.com/files/172661482/panels.rar.html

or

http://www.sendspace.com/file/d9cftf

Download the file, extract and place the two files in My Documents->Sports Interactive->Football Manager 2009->skins->(your skin name)->panels

Start up the game and check if everything is alright and let me know if something isn't :)

And in the meantime, I'll try to work on removing that second frame. Would be great if someone would help me with that.

Yeah I worked it out eventually. I really like it.

But now when I go into tactics and I choose mentality/closing down/crossing etc it only shows Condition and not the rating that goes with the slider. Very frustrating.

I don't exactly understand your problem mate. Could you be a it more detailed ?

Download the file, extract and place the two files in My Documents->Sports Interactive->Football Manager 2009->skins->(your skin name)->panels

Do you have to be using a skin for this to work, or is there a folder you can put the xml files in so it will work with the default skin?

Do you have to be using a skin for this to work, or is there a folder you can put the xml files in so it will work with the default skin?

Danny1000000 has said he is using it with the default skin. Check 5 or 6 posts up. Not sure where to put the xml files though. If Danny could help those you're using the default skin, I'd appreciate it.

Danny1000000 has said he is using it with the default skin. Check 5 or 6 posts up. Not sure where to put the xml files though. If Danny could help those you're using the default skin, I'd appreciate it.

if your using the default skin you might see a panels folder in the footballmanager2009 folder, if not just create one and it should work

I am not sure if this is going to work, but what if you in the tactic panel.xml the <!-- opposition teamp layer instructions panel --> and all that belongs to that part is removed

i think then that part of the window might become empty

I am not sure if this is going to work, but what if you in the tactic panel.xml the <!-- opposition teamp layer instructions panel --> and all that belongs to that part is removed

i think then that part of the window might become empty

I don't have any tactic panel.xml file in (skin name)->panels :( :(

Can you please guide me as to where, that is which xml file, you saw the <!-- opposition team player instructions panel--> ?

here ya go el sid

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE panel SYSTEM "http://www.sigames.com/dtds/sios/panel.dtd">

<panel>
 <!-- NOTE: this panel only stores state on the panel: NOT on the menu or multi-box! -->
 <boolean id="save_current_state" value="true"/>

<layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" alignment="fill" offset="0" />
 <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" layout_children="true" inset="0" />

<!-- main area with panels / one visible at a time -->
 <container class="titled_box" id="tptb" title="Panels">
   <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" layout_children="true" inset="0" />

<!-- view menu -->
   <!-- there are two reasons for 'emulating' the multibox menu here;
           1) multiboxes does not support the widgets inframe yet,
           2) multiboxes does not allow menu separators yet -->
   <container embed_in_frame="true">

<layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" alignment="right" embed_in_frame="true" gap="0" offset="4"/>
     <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="top" inset="0" layout_children="true" embed_in_frame="true"/>
     <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="top,right" embed_in_frame="true" inset="4"/>

<layout class="fit_children_attachment" alignment="vertical" embed_in_frame="true"/>
     <layout class="fit_children_attachment" alignment="horizontal,fill" embed_in_frame="true"/>

<!-- Set to button for setting to a player type-->
     <widget class="embedded_popup_button" id="pstp" text="Set To[COMMENT: player instructions: set to preset popup menu label]" fixed="true" auto_size="all" embed_in_frame="true">
       <flags id="sele" value="tteh"/>
       <list id="items" />
     </widget>

<!-- view menu button -->
     <widget class="embedded_popup_button" id="tpvm" sele="shom" text="Instructions[COMMENT: tactics screen: right hand side panel view menu for: pitch, player instructions, etc]" fixed="true" auto_size="all" embed_in_frame="true" appearance="menu/embedded/view">
       <boolean id="auto_tick_exclusive" value="true" />
       <list id="items">
         <record text="Positions" id="posn">
           <boolean id="tick" value="false"/>
         </record>
         <record id="----" />
         <record text="Team Instructions" id="tetb" />
         <record text="Player Instructions" id="pltb" />
         <!-- 
                   <record text="Opposition Team Instructions[COMMENT: tactics: opposition team instructions, menu title]" id="ottb" />
                   -->
         <record id="----" />
         <record text="Captains" id="cptb" />
         <record text="Playmakers" id="plmt" />
         <record text="Target Men" id="tmtb" />
         <record text="Penalty Takers" id="pktb" />
         <record text="Free Kick Takers" id="fktb" />
         <record text="Corner Takers" id="cktb" />
         <record text="Throw In Takers" id="titb" />
       </list>
       <!-- view menu items -->

<flags id="selection" value="posn" />

</widget>
     <!-- popup button -->

<!-- 'tactics' button (save/import/export/etc) -->
     <widget class="embedded_popup_button" id="tact" text="Tactic[COMMENT:]" sele="tctc" auto_size="horizontal" fixed="true" embed_in_frame="true" appearance="menu/embedded/tactics">
       <list id="items">
         <record text="Positions" id="posn" />
       </list>
     </widget>

<widget class="embedded_action_button" id="hdtc" appearance="button/embedded/tactics close/button" auto_size="all" embed_in_frame="true">
       <!-- when this button is clicked we hide the tactics panel -->
       <record id="click_event">
         <flags id="event_id" value="hide"/>
         <flags id="event_target" value="tacp"/>
       </record>

<!-- don't show the close button on the match tactics screen -->
       <attachment class="test_global_attachment" get_property="scid" set_property="hidn" value="22"/>
     </widget>

</container>
   <!-- view menu in frame container -->

<container class="multi_box" title="Panels" id="tdmb" >
     <flags id="top_kind" value="gbox" />
     <flags id="top_layout" value="horizontal" />
     <record id="top_properties">
       <flags id="auto_size" value="horizontal" />
       <boolean id="fixed" value="true" />
       <string id="text" value="Views[COMMENT: embedded popup menu used to change to some alternative views]" />
     </record>

<flags id="bottom_kind" value="gbox"/>
     <flags id="bottom_layout" value="horizontal" />
     <record id="bottom_properties" />

<flags id="contents_kind" value="gbox" />
     <flags id="changed_event" value="eipc" />

<flags id="default_item" value="posn" />

<container class="group_box" id="posn" title="Positions">
       <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" />
       <widget class="pitch_with_tactics" id="ptch">
         <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" />
         <boolean id="vert" value="true"/>
         <integer id="pprd" value="3"/>
         <boolean id="pitch_use_player_kit" value="true" />
         <boolean id="pitch_use_curved_tactics_runs" value="false" />

<flags id="pitch_player_name_font" value="fonts/vera" />
         <integer id="pitch_player_name_size" value="8" />
         <flags id="pitch_player_name_style" value="outlined" />
         <flags id="pitch_player_name_text_colour" value="match text" />
         <flags id="pitch_player_name_outline_colour" value="match outline" />
         <!-- this won't be used unless style above includes 'outlined' -->

<!-- normal run, darkened run, drag run colours -->
         <colour id="ncol" name="tactics normal run" />
         <colour id="dcol" name="tactics darkened run" />
         <colour id="gcol" name="tactics dragged run"/>

<!-- this list defines for which attribute values we use which colour and alpha values -->
         <list id="position_strength_appearance">

<record>
             <colour id="colour" name="red" />
             <integer id="min_value" value="0" />
             <integer id="max_value" value="4" />
           </record>

<record>
             <colour id="colour" name="yellow4" />
             <integer id="min_value" value="5" />
             <integer id="max_value" value="7" />
           </record>

<record>
             <colour id="colour" name="yellow" />
             <integer id="min_value" value="8" />
             <integer id="max_value" value="9" />
           </record>

<record>
             <colour id="colour" name="orange" />
             <integer id="min_value" value="10" />
             <integer id="max_value" value="11" />
           </record>

<record>
             <colour id="colour" name="orange" />
             <integer id="min_value" value="12" />
             <integer id="max_value" value="14" />
           </record>

<record>
             <colour id="colour" name="green3" />
             <integer id="min_value" value="15" />
             <integer id="max_value" value="19" />
           </record>

<record>
             <colour id="colour" name="green" />
             <integer id="min_value" value="20" />
             <integer id="max_value" value="20" />
           </record>

</list>

</widget>
     </container>

<!--  this is player instructions (+set pieces) panel  -->

<widget class="group_box" id="pltb" title="Player Instructions" >

<widget class="scrolling_box">
         <widget class="group_box">
           <layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" alignment="top" offset="0" />
           <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" layout_children="true" inset="0" />
           <layout class="fit_children_attachment" alignment="vertical,fill" inset="0" />

<widget class="group_box" id="lpli" title="Player Instructions" >
             <layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" alignment="top" />
             <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" layout_children="true" inset="4" />
             <layout class="fit_children_attachment" alignment="vertical, fill" offset="0" />
             <widget class="player_instructions_panel" id="plip" />
           </widget>

<widget class="group_box" id="lpsp" title="Player Set Piece Instructions" >
             <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" layout_children="true" inset="0" />
             <layout class="fit_children_attachment" alignment="vertical, fill" offset="0" />
             <widget class="player_set_piece_instructions_panel" id="pspp" />
           </widget>
         </widget>
       </widget>
     </widget>

<!-- opposition team player instructions panel -->
     <!--
           <widget class="group_box" id="ottb" title="Opposition Team Instructions[COMMENT: tactics: opposition team instructions, menu title]" >
               <widget class="opposition_team_instructions_panel" id="otip" />
           </widget>
           -->

<!--  this is team instructions (+set piecse) panel  -->
     <widget class="group_box" id="tetb" title="Team Instructions" >

<widget class="scrolling_box" id="test">

<widget class="group_box" id="kev ">
           <layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" alignment="top" offset="0" />
           <layout class="fit_children_attachment" alignment="vertical, fill" inset="0" />

<widget class="group_box" id="ltei" title="Team Instructions" >
             <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="top,horizontal" layout_children="true" inset="4" />
             <widget class="team_instructions_panel" id="teip" />
           </widget>

<widget class="group_box" id="ltsp" title="Team Set Piece Instructions">
             <widget class="team_set_piece_instructions_panel" id="tspp" />
           </widget>
         </widget>
       </widget>
     </widget>

<!--  this is the captains panel  -->

<widget class="group_box" id="cptb" title="Captains">
       <widget class="set_piece_takers_panel" id="capt" title="Captains" set_piece_type="7" />
     </widget>

<!--  playmaker panel  -->

<widget class="group_box" id="plmt" title="Playmakers">
       <widget class="set_piece_takers_panel" id="plat" set_piece_type="8" />
     </widget>

<!--  target men panel  -->

<widget class="group_box" id="tmtb" title="Target Men">
       <widget class="set_piece_takers_panel" id="tamt" set_piece_type="9"/>
     </widget>

<!--  this is the penalty taker panel  -->

<widget class="group_box" id="pktb" title="Penalty Takers" >
       <widget class="set_piece_takers_panel" id="pent" set_piece_type="6"/>
     </widget>

<!--  this is the free kick taker panel (left/right)  -->

<widget class="group_box" id="fktb" title="Free Kick Takers">

<widget class="group_box" title="Free Kick Takers (Left)" >
         <widget class="set_piece_takers_panel" id="fklt" set_piece_type="0"/>
       </widget>

<widget class="group_box" title="Free Kick Takers (Right)" >
         <widget class="set_piece_takers_panel" id="fkrt" set_piece_type="1"/>
       </widget>
     </widget>

<!--  this is the corner kick taker panel (left/right)  -->

<widget class="group_box" id="cktb" title="Corner Kick Takers" >

<widget class="group_box" title="Corner Kick Takers (Left)" >
         <widget class="set_piece_takers_panel" id="colt" set_piece_type="2"/>
       </widget>

<widget class="group_box" title="Corner Kick Takers (Right)" >
         <widget class="set_piece_takers_panel" id="cort" set_piece_type="3"/>
       </widget>
     </widget>

<!--  this is the throw in taker panel (left/right)  -->

<widget class="group_box" id="titb" title="Throw In Takers" >

<widget class="group_box" title="Throw In Takers (Left)" >
         <widget class="set_piece_takers_panel" id="tilt" set_piece_type="4"/>
       </widget>

<widget class="group_box" title="Throw In Takers (Right)" >
         <widget class="set_piece_takers_panel" id="tirt" set_piece_type="5"/>
       </widget>
     </widget>

</container>
   <!-- multi box -->

</container>
 <!-- titled box -->

</panel>

Archived