New player wants help

Hello world!

This is my first ever thread at this forum just cause i am gonna start FM for first time ever... All i want to ask you is to tell me anything that is gonna help me understand and get into the game easier (i.e. tips to scout , to tactics, to a team for starters etc) or if there is already a post with all these and where to find it

Thanks for your time world!

Just start playing, read the tooltips that pop up, use your common sense and knowledge of/ideas about real football, and ask more specific questions about issues when you encounter them.

My advice mate, take your time, it will be a huge learning curve but you could try to play in FMT if you just want to get used to tactics and the watered down version.

I would play a season in that mode for a while perhaps whilst you read about FM, just take your time, read the sticky section and I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

I would read through Herne's guide as pointed out by thomit in post 3. He goes through all the steps and set ups when starting a new game and explains what he looks at and how he decides on tactics etc.

I always find that starting with a good team really helps to get your bearings in the game. Start as Barcelona or Real Madrid, and when creating your manager profile, set your reputation to the highest.

Doing it this was makes sure it's a bit easier for you and then you can get to grips with the game.

I usually do this for about 2 seasons with a new version of the game (admittedly I'm still playing 2012)

Start with about 3 major leagues, I like to start with England, Spain, Italy - this makes game progression a bit faster.

Once you're used to the game and understand it a bit better, start a new save and add more leagues, start as a lower rep, find a mediocre team to manage and see how you get on.

Don't get discouraged with losing, or put it this way, seemingly never winning. Take a trip to the tactics forum to better understand why you're tactics are failing. http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/18-Tactics-Training-amp-Strategies-Discussion

Archived