How should i start the pre season?

Fitnes training - average or high ? Friendlies or nah ? You get me

Fitness training just trains the group of physical attributes, so it doesn't help with match fitness at all, so use if you want the team as a whole to work on physical skills, but know it won't matter for season prep. Why would you not use friendlies? The only way to develop match sharpness is through matches, so how else would you get there?

What I do with Liverpool is to do 2 friendlies per week for at least a month before the season starts.

What I then do is have my best 11 start, and then switch the entire team for second half so that everybody gets 45 min.

The last game before season, I tend to play most of the game with my intended starters, and only sub if I feel I need to (injuries, low condition and such). Then a week's full break, and they should be ready to go.

I general play a lot of friendlies, most of them against poor squad in order to keep morale high.

With FC Internazionale (no European Cup) 10-12 friendlies is a good number in my opinion, without any rest day.

With regard to training I set fitness for 2/3 weeks, depending on general shape, than balanced.

Set General Training to Fitness at a High intensity level for the first 2 or 3 weeks. Change to Team Cohesion if you have a few new faces come into the squad, change to Balanced otherwise.

Move the Scheduling bar all the way to the left for More Match Training. Don't allow rest before or after match.

Match Preparation have as Match Tactics.

Play a friendly against very low level opposition every 3 days to improve morale (from winning) and match fitness. I usually substitute all eleven players at half time so as not to exhaust everyone too quickly and ensure everyone gets playing time.

You feel me.

ok i tested it and it seems that it's not improving the condition of the players

Condition only improves when players gain match fitness and for that to happen they need to play friendlies and the circle continues.....

ok i tested it and it seems that it's not improving the condition of the players

You have to have them playing matches and minutes, simple as. I try to schedule 8-10 friendlies in a five week pre-season, leaving a week off prior to the first match. The fitness training won't improve condition or match sharpness as I noted above. What Herne is talking about is a general routine for a pre-season that he uses, but it seems you are primarily concerned to have your team in match shape for the season start. So, play as many friendlies as you can with 3-4 days off in between, and make sure your starting 11 and primary subs/rotation guys are also getting lots of minutes. For your fringe guys/backups, make sure they are also playing friendlies with the reserves/U21s.

Archived