FM14 - Do countries sack managers properly now?

In FM 2007, the firing was messed up. Nations that didn't qualify wouldn't fire their manager (so if Brazil didn't make 3 World Cups in a row, they'd still have the same manager), firings for nations that did qualify seemed completely random and nonsensical (if Austria reached the final, or Poland reached the semis, their managers would probably get sacked anyway.)

I somewhat remedied this by, after key international dates, looking at (playable) nations and seeing who would probably sack their manager, then adding a new manager, making him manager of the country, then retiring him, freeing up a spot and (hopefully) having a new manager hired in place.

Is it still like this in FM14? (I stopped playing 2007 finally and now playing 2014) Or do I need to do the same thing again?

Since most users will be playing FM 16 by now, it is unlikely that you will get a definitive reply, so try the game and see what you need to do.

I'm sure many here have played FM14, at least one of the 100 who looked at the thread then decided not to reply!

They, probably like me, played FM 14 for many hours, but your question is very specific to a particular part of the game that perhaps didnt warrant a lot of attention. If you dont get an answer, that usually means that nobody knows.

What would be hard to miss about Italy not qualifying but not sacking their manager for years, or an underdog reaching the quarters or semis then sacking their manager?

I suspect that the greater proportion of users manage a team rather than a country, so do not notice what goes on with international managers, especially if they are not subscribed to those countries. I am not going to argue with you, but was trying to advise why you are not getting a response, so either wait patiently for a reply without bumping your thread or try it and see.

I suspect that the greater proportion of users manage a team rather than a country, so do not notice what goes on with international managers, especially if they are not subscribed to those countries. I am not going to argue with you, but was trying to advise why you are not getting a response, so either wait patiently for a reply without bumping your thread or try it and see.

Who doesn't notice what's going on at a World Cup? That would be a minority!

I waited 24 hours and 100 views, worth a bump after that. I am trying it and seeing, but I'm also asking. :/

I never subscribe to the World Cup or EURO when I'm "only" managing a club, so I don't receive news about various NT managers being sacked (and don't care).

I will probably do some international management on FM16 at some point, though, and will be happy to let you know if /when I find out.

Until then, bashing people for not replying to your question is probably the best way to make sure no one replies... ;)

I never subscribe to the World Cup or EURO when I'm "only" managing a club, so I don't receive news about various NT managers being sacked (and don't care).

I will probably do some international management on FM16 at some point, though, and will be happy to let you know if /when I find out.

Until then, bashing people for not replying to your question is probably the best way to make sure no one replies... ;)

Why is everyone so hostile or passive aggressive? I mean, when did I bash anyone?

Am I in one of those forums where everyone argues with each other? This is a very bad first impression... My first thread now ruined by off-topicness from two people going on about arguing, or thinking there's 'bashing' going on. Yikes!

Because now people are only going to reply to feed the drama. I'm going to have to redo this thread if FrazT doesn't wipe the posts.

I do not see anyone being passive aggressive other than yourself, a couple of people explained why they cannot answer your question.

IIRC when a major nation fails to qualify for a tournament they will sack their manager but as we're talking about a game that many last played over a year ago I & likely others will not be certain.

Edit: No need to start a new thread, the replies are on topic.

I'll bite and say that pot #4 can be taken in an aggressive way, as you could be seen as saying that noone cares about your post

I can't say for FM14 (given that I missed it) but in FM16 generally I haven't seen any firings from a nation missing the competition (although the only one I played was Euro16, and not a lot will happen there given that there's 4 games to go, and most groups are settled)

although, I did see some managers leave after poor performances (Spain moved on after only making the last 16)

----------------------

as said in #7, the world cup (or euros, or copa america, or whatever international competition) has very little interest to me

and I only take a passing interest when my scouts say "the WC is coming up soon, let's scout it" and when my players make Team Of The Tournament

I'm basically unaware of the major movements, and the one in my country (Euro16 saw Spain and England change managers, not sure about any others)

sure, real life sees me more interested in the WorldCup, but I couldn't care less about the competition in FM (it's only good for making my players knackered for the opening day of the season, after returning with 10 days to go until my first competitive game)

I have 1700 hours in fm14 and I honestly can't remember... the games kinda blend together into one great mesh. I seem to remember managing Spain, England, Brazil and Italy... can't say for sure if it was fm14, but I can't remember a problem like the one you describe.

Archived