The Game is unavailable again in China?

Hi guys I‘m a Chinese. After Steam could be paid by RMB, the price of FM2016 changed to ¥133(about $20) from $49.99. And it be locked again at last night.

Many Chinese Player believe that too many refund cause SI lock it again.

Sorry for my English.

Football Manager 2015 is also not available in China as there are Taiwan and Tibet in the game (China does not acknowledge those as separated countries).

Taken from a Google search legal thing

Not really, could be something else. Tibet nationality no more in FM several versions ago, Taiwan is represented as 'Chinese Taipei (China PR)' which is okay to China. And plus, Chinese government doesn't give damn to kinda thing nowadays.

One more thing, FM2015 is available in China zone of steam.

simple solution. Do anyone in China/Asia trust anyone outside of asia? If YES, get them to buy it for you and mail it to you and once you receive it, pay them for the game.

If you do it this way, will Steam allow an asian/chinese located person activate it on Steam or will it still be locked?

simple solution. Do anyone in China/Asia trust anyone outside of asia? If YES, get them to buy it for you and mail it to you and once you receive it, pay them for the game.

If you do it this way, will Steam allow an asian/chinese located person activate it on Steam or will it still be locked?

There're many ways, but all are more expensive (and illegal?) than buy it directly in China zone of steam. It just priced $20 in China steam zone before it been blocked.

We can buy the activation code from the seller in Hongkong and activate it on steam. We have been playing FM in this way for years. The price in Hongkong is about $35. When FM16 was available in China, the price was only about $20. Now we can't buy FM16 at this price anymore. Damn SEGA!

We can buy the activation code from the seller in Hongkong and activate it on steam. We have been playing FM in this way for years. The price in Hongkong is about $35. When FM16 was available in China, the price was only about $20. Now we can't buy FM16 at this price anymore. Damn SEGA!

There you go, buy it from Hong Kong :)

Associated query: I live in Cambodia but fortunately I'm visiting the UK in a few days. So I'll buy FM16 and install it using Steam in the UK.

My question is, once I'm back in Cambodia will Steam keep updating my game or will there be any problems not being in a 'recognised' country?

now here is the thing.

I'm a Chinese, moving between UK and mainland China.

There is a forum for fm fans in china, wvw.playgm.com

in the past few years, ppl were asking from cracks and localisation on the forum, as back then, paying for game were not exactly the thing in China. I was on that site yesterday, ppl were excited about how they could finally pay in RMB and buy directly from steam and the price was a bargain 133RMB (something like 14 quid). I visited the site again late at night that day, the forum was full of ppl asking how to buy from steam etc, and people discussing how to refund the purchase they made earlier (50 USD or 40 GBP).

I mean this is the first time, players in china are getting on the right path. Then, BANG! Someone shut the door right in their face.

and if i remember correctly, Mills once on twitter said that if the sales in China region exceeds 10k copies , they would provide Chinese edition. How are we suppose to demonstrate that we have a large number of FM players in china who are willing to support they beloved game while all of us have to purchase from US or EU due to the restriction set by YOU?

I visited the site again late at night that day, the forum was full of ppl asking how to buy from steam etc, and people discussing how to refund the purchase they made earlier (50 USD or 40 GBP).

I mean this is the first time, players in china are getting on the right path. Then, BANG! Someone shut the door right in their face.

and if i remember correctly, Mills once on twitter said that if the sales in China region exceeds 10k copies , they would provide Chinese edition. How are we suppose to demonstrate that we have a large number of FM players in china who are willing to support they beloved game while all of us have to purchase from US or EU due to the restriction set by YOU?

One more time before I get really annoyed, it is nothing to do with SI or Miles, you need to address this to Sega on their site.

This thread has touched on a lot of sensitive subjects, that this isn't the place for, but may I just correct some of the incorrect statements that relate to the actual game.

Some places such as Hong Kong and Taiwan have their own national teams, and this is reflected in the game. I mean, it's not the game. it's FIFA. I doubt anybody in China's going to be the slightest bit bothered.

Tibet was once featured as having a national team in the game; a long, long time ago. Not much point raking it up again.

As for the game being sold in China, it is absolutely correct that that's a SEGA issue, and you won't get an answer from SEGA here. To be fair, you won't get an answer from SEGA anywhere.

I think that SI are committed to providing good customer service, and I hold them in high regard. Do I think it's a pity that they continue to work with a company like SEGA? yes, but I can't possibly begin to know the ins and outs of that situation. Words can barely express the utter contempt I hold for SEGA Europe from their chief executive to the people responsible for the bottom scraping customer service, but it's really not SI's fault. Come on, this whole forum is a testament to the fact that they do what they can.

Anyway, maybe the game being unavailable is just a temporary thing. It's impossible to know as SEGA didn't think it worthwhile telling anyone that the game was now available to about a tenth of the world's population, but I've consulted my fortune cookie, (still the best if imperfect way of knowing what SEGA are up to) and it says 'a lifetime of happiness is in store for you' so I think the cookie is saying that the game will be available again soon.

agreed.

some of us are posting here are not exactly expecting an answer from SI.

I mean if you ask me to report to SEGA about this, i don't even know where to send the mail, and i certainly doubt if they are ever going to reply.

But writing it up here, may at least get some attention from the SI. A much larger body than us players. And i do believe that though SI is no responsible for the distribution of the game, but after all, its their product.

So maybe someone in the manger sit of SI might notice this and have a little chat with SEGA. This would work way much better than simply telling us to write to SEGA individually.

At the end of the day, SI profit from our purchases right?

I was going to make a joke about the problems that the create a club option would have if japan (or various other Asian nations) were playable, but some topics are best left alone.

Seriously, chill everybody. It sounds as though there was a loophole for buying the game more cheaply in China. Actually, it might be STEAM that want to close the loophole. We just don't know, so everybody just chill for a couple of days, and wait and see what happens.

It must be a tough problem. I dare say pricing the game low for the Chinese market would be a good idea, but as this shows, having different prices in different places is problematic. Give them a chance.

Whether it's STEAM or SEGA, this really has nothing to do with SI.

• Administrators
agreed.

some of us are posting here are not exactly expecting an answer from SI.

I mean if you ask me to report to SEGA about this, i don't even know where to send the mail, and i certainly doubt if they are ever going to reply.

But writing it up here, may at least get some attention from the SI. A much larger body than us players. And i do believe that though SI is no responsible for the distribution of the game, but after all, its their product.

So maybe someone in the manger sit of SI might notice this and have a little chat with SEGA. This would work way much better than simply telling us to write to SEGA individually.

At the end of the day, SI profit from our purchases right?

As said, I'd suggest contacting help@sega.co.uk in regards to this issue.

Archived