What happened to Ronaldo and Bale?

evertonmarc

Acceleration doesn't mean speed remember..

And while it looks odd, I would see how they do in game first, as it's all about balancing the attributes to make it accurate.

Yes indeed, although it's hard to believe that Rooney, Smalling, Benzema, Kovačić, Bartra... accelerate better/faster than Ronaldo and Bale or that Schneiderlin, Pepe, Rakitić... accelerate the same or that Vermalen, Pique, Mathieu... accelerate just a little bit slower (11). :D

oh yeah i understand that Welshie!

Just odd seeing them with such a low number, when every previous year both pace and acceleration were high (as they should be for these two).

Anywho, back to my injury ravaged Everton squad!!

It's not that bad.. they all come back in 6 weeks or so, i'm playing as Everton also... enjoying it immensely so far...

Just made a record sale with Miralles gone out to Monaco, letting me improve the squad no end.

I'm going to assume the Real Madrid researcher is basing his judgement on something concrete. Maybe in-house sprint times in 20 yards, 40 yards, 100 yard dashes, etc. From an outsiders point of view though it does seem odd. Bale I can definitely see as more pace than acceleration, but Cristiano to me seems to take off really quickly, and my natural inclination is that he deserves at least 15 acceleration. Part of me wonders if maybe it was done so his other attributes could be higher. I also think his aggression attribute is remarkably low too, but I guess it depends on how you interpret it though.

I don't understand how pace and acceleration is worked out in FM at all to be honest.

Okay, so this article (and there are many others like it) is quite obviously going to be biased towards 'famous' top level footballers, but it quite clearly states the speeds that these footballers reach - so Pace in FM I presume?:

http://talksport.com/football/revealed-top-10-fastest-footballers-world-walcott-bale-alexis-and-more-150517133644?p=9

So, I ain't sure how this relates to FM?

Archived