Training On FM Classic..

Hi People,

I wondered if anyone could help me with a basic outline on how to make the training to good effect on FM Classic Mode. Obviously I understand that you can change it every so often to 'Team Cohesion', 'Tactics'' 'Fitness' etc and I also understand that you can get your assistant to carry it out for you. But what I really want to know is how to manage it if you do it yourself. When is it best to change the training focus and to what? Does anyone have a plan they use each season? What about pre-season and if your a new manager at a new team, do you focus more on fitness or tactics?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you very much :-)

Matt

They will be instantly 'familiar' with your tactics because there's no tactical familiarity. Fitness (condition) will build naturally as they train, regardless of what you choose. Match Fitness, as the name suggests, will need matches to increase :)

• Administrators
So when your assman talks about how competent or familiar your team is with the formations it's just empty words?

If you've noticed that, please post this in the bugs forum (screenshot will do). He shouldn't be saying that (feel free to ignore it)

If you've noticed that, please post this in the bugs forum (screenshot will do). He shouldn't be saying that (feel free to ignore it)

He does that before every three matches or so. In the start of the season he says that the team needs more preparation. Later on the team becomes "familiar" with the formations trained and they end up as "highly competent" in the formations trained. It's just before the match, and if I ignore it, the game forces me to read it just prior to heading into the match.

So I guess the familiarity progression bar is also to be ignored then?

I will try to remember the screen shot for the bugs forum next time he's at it again.

• Administrators
He does that before every three matches or so. In the start of the season he says that the team needs more preparation. Later on the team becomes "familiar" with the formations trained and they end up as "highly competent" in the formations trained. It's just before the match, and if I ignore it, the game forces me to read it just prior to heading into the match.

So I guess the familiarity progression bar is also to be ignored then?

I will try to remember the screen shot for the bugs forum next time he's at it again.

I'm a bit confused exactly where you are seeing this now so that would be very helpful

• 3 weeks later...

When I try to take a screenshot, my computer does not take a shot of the game, but of what's BEHIND the game - for instance the desktop or this forum. Really strange. So I'll quote my assistant manager word for word instead. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. Also bear in mind that I play FMC13, so it's probably an issue that has been fixed in later versions.

It's Saturday just hours before the game, and the notice I get is this:

"Assistant manager Michael Rose has indicated that the team has done well with its match preparation training in recent weeks.

He feels the team is starting to become familiar with the formations being trained."

At other times he says that they will need more time to become familiar with the formations, but this should bear no significance?

Archived