AI Comebacks are they OP ?

Hi all,

The more i play this game the more i see the AI comebacks are so insane compared to previous versions of FM. Are you guys also experiencing the same or not ?.

In a recent game i was leading 2-0 against liverpool. Don't need to figure out what happened in the last 20 mins. Liverpool ended up wining 4-2 and 2 goals coming in the last 5 mins

of the game and 1 goal in extra time. I had player instructions setup, I made sure when leading to be a bit more conservative not leaving holes and playing very strong defensive

structured football. No matter how many changes i made defensively or to waste time the AI just said screw you we are winning this game.

Many people are always talking about the me, what i want to know is can we as human players come back and win games like this at the same rate the AI does ?. Does the game

allow for human players to comeback in the dying minutes and score a number of goals and not just 1 ?. I keep hearing from people saying your got your tactics too loose. Defensively

the game is good but in those dying minutes it truly keeps surprising me seeing your ship sink. I've read the forums on tactics and what not. I still feel the AI in these situations

is OP toooo much.

If you do think the AI comebacks are OP how much by percentage compared to the previous verison ?.

Many thanks.

sometimes happens to me, but what annoys me most is, losing 2-0 in the 60th minute had a few key moments throughout the game, then put the focus to attacking and then nothing happens for the last 30 minutes, no key moments at all? makes me think i should have just stayed on control

The Match Engine is a completely unbiased entity in the game that has no distinction between human inputs or AI inputs.

What happens is you draw up your list of variables, the AI draws up its list of variables and they're both thrown in together. The match engine generates the script for the first half (or until the first injury) that you then see the dots/3d players running around demonstrating the exception is when there are tactical changes, the game then takes all the variables and what has happened thus far and generates a new script and you then see that play out again until the next intervention (be it half time or tactical changes).

So, the only reason Liverpool ended up winning 4-2 is because of the changes you kept making. Each time you generated a new script for the remainder of the game, whatever was going to happen is unknown perhaps it still would have been 4-2, perhaps you would have won 4-2 yourself had you left things as they were.

One thing a lot of people mistake is thinking that simply by changing the team mentality to defensive or to contain you are then going to be playing much better defensively. Instead what happens is your team will likely drop deeper, or at least the players with responsible roles will drop deeper. So if you're playing an AML/AMR and a DL/DR one thing you may well be doing tactically is actually creating a larger opening on your flanks. A team will be attacking in numbers out of desperation late on and you're then sitting deeper inviting them on to you.

There are a great many on these forums with significantly more tactical nous than myself and they can provide much more insight if you provide your tactics and explain in depth what you did. But if say you're playing a 4-2-3-1 as an attacking set-up and then simply change it to defensive/contain you're asking for trouble as depending on player roles you very much run the risk of creating a large rift and having 4 front players doing very little defensive work and leaving the rest to carry your side. That's just a single example of the kind of thing that can lead to a dramatic collapse.

All that said however, there are rumours that you can appease the match engine and gain its favour by wrestling with Llamas in the light of a full moon.

Thread closed because, as was pointed out above, this is the third thread of its kind by the OP. There is also a thread on this in the Tactics forum which might be of use.

Archived