Kallemannens Deep 4-2-3-1 (CHeriksen Bplay tweak)

Hello guys.

First of all, the credit for this tactic goes to ChristianEriksen, im simply a tweaker Im not sure I can link other forums here, but he is a user on another FM forum so you have to google him. (christianeriksen beautiful play)

I simply tweaked his 4-3-3 into another form. Most things remain the same, his ideas with playing a drop tactic against direct teams, a press against passing teams.

Dont we all just love the 4-2-3-1 formation.. Nothing more fun than having an AMC in your game imo.

Sir Goalalot is a very sucessful 4-2-3-1, and Im sure other people suceeded as well, but I did not find this formation with DMs.

Having 3 attacking midfielders and 1 striker will make the formation very attacking.

It should be played with DMs in my opinion.

I think I finally managed to construct a good 4-2-3-1 DM, but it still needs testing since it has only been tested with Everton who not only are a good side, but also are perfectly equipped for this formation

I would like a lot having someone test it with Eintracht frankfurt in bundesliga

The problem we face here is that this will be a formation kind of built to counter. I have tried for years and years to play defensive counter attacking football without sucess.

Im sure there are people that manage, but for me you have to push forward in FM. I managed to achieve good balance with this tactic. One of the DMs is and aggresive playing regista.

I started out with 2 of them, but leaked goals. So a simple DM on D duty did the trick.

Form:

wnxL70l.jpg

As you can se Lukaku was injury free, developed into an absolute beast in short time! 30 league goals in march!

League table Everton.

NOTE: I started this tactic against sunderland 27/9, on fluidity "competent".

I played my U21 team against rotherham and I got a red card in minute 22 against Liverpool

nWyrb5W.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Opponent info / ingame usage

You get a scout report before every match.

Click on "team report", go to "manager" and check his style. If its Direct, you use the drop tactic. If its "passing" you use the press tactic. Its that simple.

Some teams have "varied". Then you have to check on their assist areas. If they have a lot of assist from far away/their own half they might play a lot direct.

They may also change ingame so be catious.

You can switch to counter to defend a lead and so on, in second half you can use drop just to be sure they wont long ball through.

SO IMPORTANT, to sum it up

Use the DROP verision against direct/longballing teams. Use the press version against passing, build up teams.

If you are underdog by a mile, you might wanna use the counter, but Im not sure how good it is for a whole match

Right now I use it to defend a lead. But if would be great if someone would pick a newly promoted team and give the counter version a real swing!

Teamtalks

If its like minute 20-30 and there has been no key moment yet, which can happen with this tactic

use shout "get creative".

"concentrate" after scoring, "encourage" after conceding.

Training

Train all your over 21 players in their roles, average.

As for match traning/general training, everyone has their own view. I use average balanced, bar in the middle in match prep.

UPDATED

Training defensive positioning will make this tactic a rock!

I sugges you do it for all away matches, (except when big favourite) and all home games you are not favourite in.

Example: managing a top BPL side, man city. Def positioning for top clubs home and away (from chelsea - southhampton)

Def positioning alla away matches except relegation battle teams

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMPORTANT OI!

yVSQvHX.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other notes

Get players that fit the roles!

Get a great offensive forward, just look at how lukaku performed for everton!

This tactic worked great for everton, They had the exact material for it, so make sure your team have as well!

Pacey players in attack is good

Any DM will probably do at the right DM spot, but at the regista, he needs to be good in Def and ALSO a good passer (first touch, passing , technique, teamwork, vision)

This is just the V2 verision and is not a fully tested and completed tactic YET :)

Feel free to tweak it for your team or generally improve it

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Download the tactics!

https://www.sendspace.com/file/m5erxr (press)

https://www.sendspace.com/file/ps44nk (drop)

https://www.sendspace.com/file/5rrdm8 (counter)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some match statistics! Not hard to guess (skott = shot, på mål = on target, klara målchanser = CCCs, bolleinnehav = possession etc.)

fxRJJ9P.jpg

Half time! ;)

eE3m84f.jpg

elBqPvy.jpg

hull city mid season plug

047aZHF.jpg

mEocHjO.jpg

Heat map, ignore white dots (subs), as you can see this formation is not far off from a 4-3-3!

finally I would like a lot if you guys test this with different teams and leagues!

Have to make a quick post here:

I just edited the download links

I now link the three tac. files to "sendspace.com"

I used a bad file sharing site and I have now edited

Just in case someone tried to download the tactics already, its changed now to sendspace.com!

Nice work, Kallemannen!

Im enjoying this tactic a lot now and its all thanks to you and your idea with "drop" and "press".

Also the counter, and the different formations that are usable with this systems makes this versatile!

How FM should be played.. adapting to the opponent, atleast in some way, even though I dont have time to watch entire matches and tweak an go through the entire opponent teams,

this tactical system still adapts and does it very well! There are a lot of game breaking tactics this year, but your tactics ADAPT to the opponent, and sometimes you loose with other ppls tactic although they are extreme, they never adapt.

gNKXE24.jpg

Second season Everton! A beast team (in the making) But still! 10 goals conceded in the first half! Should have been 7 if not for the 18th game, 4-3 win against arsenal (red card)

Just testing this tactic with "Werder Bremen" but i have a few questions:

1. Which match preparation do you use when you are favourite ?

2. Do you have a player filter

3. What to do when the opponent is in front?

Thanks

Hey, please let me know your results when you test! :)

I will try to answer your question, I dont think these are always tactic specific question, play the game as you usually do.

Train as you usually do, do press conferences as usual, match talks as you do. Give the tactic your touch and keep your FM style!

But of course, I will do my best to answer your questions.

Usually attacking movement. If its away, I might to def positioning. You playing as Werder might wanna do some def pos.

Attack movement at home is important.

3. I never change the tactic when I need a goal. I think I never had to, instead, I use team talks.

Struggling to get CCCs or anything forward? Use "get creative" shout. usually is good in the first half. condeded a goal? Use "encourage" works wonders.

Last minutes? 75 minutes, "aggresive, get forward!".

No player filters but here are my reccomendations. Works great to just get player that fits the role, its simple, attributes for a regista for example? If the DM has it has one of his top 3 role, im Certain he will do great there

1. GK, normal goalkeeper, anyone will do, no libero is needed

2. Fullbacks. Good pace and crossing, most fullbacks will fit. Works with very attacking ones as well, try to find complete ones.

3. CBs. Same here, most CBs will do. What is great is to use PACEY cbs, cause sometimes you will play in PRESS tactic, but the opponent might still long ball, even though they are a shortpassing team.

Which extremley pacy CBs, 15-16 + acc/pace, its not needed, but then you dont have to be so careful about the press tactic.

Only use the press then against very long balling sides, most bundesliga teams are not long balling.

4. CDMs.

VERY IMPORTANT: Get a really good passer on regista role, good first touch, ball control, vision, teamwork. and he ALSO needs defensive qualitites.

Most DMs will do on RDM. A solid passer with solid def qualities.

5. CAM, most cams will do, the AMC wont have that much impact sadly, couldnt get him that much into the game and keeping the awesomeness of the tactic.

Here you can experiment A LOT.

Be careful about changing the role, if you want to change it, make sure he defends and have a support role. This formation is very close to a 4-3-3. The AMC in this tactic is like a CM in reality

6. Wingers

VERY IMPORTANT

use same footed wingers. Like, all your 4 wingers (if you use 4 for backup/rotation) needs the same "foot".

So only have right footed wingers or left footed. This is cause u will have 1 winger, and 1 IF.

Right IF needs right foot, Right winger needs right foot.

If you want to invert it, just invert the tactic.

Player instructions will remain

I got left footed murphy, volland and shaqiri in my everton side, so I just inverted the wingers and the DMs.

Attacker:

Look for a player who have "offensive forward" as a top 3 role. If possible, having good passing on him is great as well, teamwork, vision

But look for a pacey advanced forward

Lukaku is the best in this role

37 league goals everton first season with this tac

I will inform you after whole season. At the Moment i am one game before Season break. Placed third behind Bayern and Dortmund. I use your tactics now for 10 games Won 8, Lost 2.(a poor game against Frankfurt and a loss in Dortmund). If i can hold this performance and qualify for EC i can buy some new players for my weak areas. GK is not so strong, but i have Victor Valdes at test-training. And at the full backs and in the center i need someone. Also a second striker, maybe a young one with potential. Davie Selke is not atm, di Santo is bad. Petersen rocks, i will hold him.

I'm making a small resume of my first season using your tactic set.

Very succesfull year. I've won Serie A title, and Champions League with a squad without obvious football superstars, as you see below.

Especially fast attacking after ball recuperacion and passing style is very nice to watch. Abolutely dominant at home, but defence away could be better. I've lost many stupid points againts mid-table teams. In most games i'm using defence positioning preparation. Maybe that's why i had best Serie A defence.

Biggest surprise was Murru form, who won best league defender award. Odegaard at right wing is doing great things, but placed as AP is at most correct.

Ivrv8Sc.jpg

sA98EkW.jpg

8IC1SCA.jpg

First, Thank you Helmut for posting your result its really nice to see!

Although, if anything needs improvement with this tactic it is not the defence.

Im Everton third season. Ok, I got a "dream team" but I conceded 6 goals in the half of the season, 6 goals in 17 games. Scored around 50. If I keep this up I will concede 12 goals in a season, new premier League record.

defence is really good in this tactic.

Now, looking at your lineup I think I can now why you concede goals, here is some important stuff

Problem 1.

Mvila and that pizzaro doesnt look like great DMs. Please post their stats, and other people you use in Dm position. the KEY for this formation are the DMs, needs to be great.

I got Lucas Silva and Lucas Romero, absolute beasts.

So highlight "regista" , for ppl you use in regista, and highlight "defensive midfielder" for people you use here, screenshot and post here.

2. Are you using drop and press correctly?

This idea is brilliant, but needs experience and training unless you watch long highlights.

Opponent can change tactic anytime and start long balling. You have to do your best to anticipate.

If they are passing like barca, you have to use press or they will score. If they have Peter Crouch in their team throwing long balls you MUST use Drop.

Often they can change when they need a goal, and your assistant informs you.

This takes a while getting used to!

3. Are you defenders fast? I dont think zapata and rami are fast! Even when you use press, and team passes, they can still use long ball! please look for 14 + acceleration/pace defenders!

So

1. Buy very good DMs. This is the most important position for this tactic. Regista MUST be a good PASSER; must have vision, must have technique and skills.

DM must be good in def.

2. Analyze a bit more and be more comfortable in drop, press and counter use

3. buy fast CBs

Should solve it!

Finally, thanks for posting!

Hi, thanks for your answer and many suggestions. As you've seen, i've finished 2017/18 season, it gave me some chance to tweak my team during summer break.

Ad. 1. I've bought two new midfielders and sold M'Vila to Liverpool for 25 mln euro.

Here is my actual list of registas/defensive midfielders with highlited specified attributes :

FfpLeME.jpg

Because of big 235 mln euro loan debt, i'm trying to keep my wages under control, and don't create income disparities.

Ad. 3. Both Rami and Zapata left me after june 2018, on free transfers. I'll try to build my defence line using Balanta and Pollero, with (respectively) acceleration 17 / 11 and pace 15 / 14.

Ad. 2. Drop/press idea seems clear to me with one small problem during the gameplay. Sometimes i feel disoriented when opponent "changes to their usual formation" and on small opponent tactic panel i see that formation stays the same. I suppose, that's the moment when AI changes other instructions, for example defence line depth, am i right ?

Hi, thanks for your answer and many suggestions. As you've seen, i've finished 2017/18 season, it gave me some chance to tweak my team during summer break.

Ad. 1. I've bought two new midfielders and sold M'Vila to Liverpool for 25 mln euro.

Here is my actual list of registas/defensive midfielders with highlited specified attributes :

FfpLeME.jpg

Because of big 235 mln euro loan debt, i'm trying to keep my wages under control, and don't create income disparities.

Ad. 3. Both Rami and Zapata left me after june 2018, on free transfers. I'll try to build my defence line using Balanta and Pollero, with (respectively) acceleration 17 / 11 and pace 15 / 14.

Ad. 2. Drop/press idea seems clear to me with one small problem during the gameplay. Sometimes i feel disoriented when opponent "changes to their usual formation" and on small opponent tactic panel i see that formation stays the same. I suppose, that's the moment when AI changes other instructions, for example defence line depth, am i right ?

Not bad at all Helmut.

Only problem is, Jorginho and Tiliemans arent so good in def.

Look for +14 marking, tackling, positioning, strenght and acceleration.

Jorginho looks like a very bad CDM atleast for this formation (although he is like the best CM!) , he is weak, slow, low defensive attributes. You could use him as regista, but as defensive midfielder.. nono :(

Tilemans looks and awesome regista! ok, hes not good in def, but if you get a VERY solid CDM next to him and greats CBs, I dont think it will be a problem.

But right now, if you concede many goals, then your problem is using Tielemans or Jorginho, or both at same time.

So, Kranevittar = amazing, guido = not good, decent (get better one)

Tilemans = (not good in def, but he is a wonderkid might develop, can be played with a real anchor next to him) Jorginho = sell sell sell! :D

If you play another season let me know your results! :)

So, the minimum you should do is:

Stay: Kranevitter (use as defensive midfielder), Tielemans (use as regista, try to improve a lot of def)

Leave: Jorginho and Guido. OR, keep one of them and use as regista, I think u want to keep 1 italian so keep the best 1 of them and use as regista.

Recruit: a very solid defensive mid as backup to kranevitter

So my update after the first Season with Werder Bremen. I just finished third. But here are some screens:

Table:

1221273Tabelle.jpg

Results:

3671419Resultate.jpg

I played with this tactics right after the 2:2 against Hamburg. I didnt made any transfers except Valdes as Keeper. Just played with changing with Petersen/diSanto in the Attack, Left Wing "Eljero Elia" (He is a god at this position, was called player of the year) - right Wing "Izet Hajrovic" (just became "Newcomer of the Year") and me "Coach of the year".

At the new season i made some transfers:

5192326Transfers.jpg

And got this regen in this years regen date:

2627070Regen.jpg

I think this Tactic set is great. I love the style of playing football. Now i am looking forward to qualify again for the CL, and i hope i just can win one game against Dortmund or Bayern. They are both very strong. Oh i just forgot, in last season i came to the Semi Final of the cup too, but lost at penalties to the later winner Stuttgart. And second, the last four season game i made by "instant result" because i fixed the position.

3rd with Werder bremen not bad I suppose :D

You dont need any super advanced players except for ST and CDMs.

You really need a strong offensive forward I think, passing is a +.

But the regista role you need a very good passer/technican who is also good in def.

DM role is important to be strong in def.

Send me your current CDMs sceenshot?

Maybe you have to transfer atleats 1 new! they are very important in this formation!

As i promised, i've finished my next season with Milan, using your helpful advices :

- new pair of fast-paced central defenders

- new pair of central midfielders (Tielemans retrained for regista and Kranevitter as DM(d))

- better understanding of drop/press idea

We won five titles last season (Serie A, Coppa Italia, Supercoppa Italia, Champions League, Club World Cup), all with a wage budget not exceeding 8 mln euro per month

heR2Wv2.jpg

LFD7m2L.jpg

Tactical shape 4231 make this set easy to implement to any team and get the best from big part of my players, for example Odegaard won Best Serie A Player award 3 times in a row, and Dybala's form gave him place in Argentina starting lineup :)

Nice team helmut!

From Roma, 0-2 to Parma 1-1 you hade a bit of "drop of form". This is normal in a season.

But when this happen, maybe after the loss against Fiorentina you should have a team meeting.

Also dont forget to critize or bench bad form players.

In 10 matches there, you had only 2 wins, So dont forget team meetings!

Dont forget form talks

Dont forget in game talks. No key moment in minute 25? = get creative

score = concentrate

concede = encourage

striker missing chances, if hes out of form = encourage. If hes in form = (agressive) - demand more

• 2 weeks later...

Can anybody make a suggestion for the AMC position. Can't seem to find someone who really excels in this position. Tried two or three candidates who look good on paper but they never really seem to contribute as much as I would like.

Anyone tweaked instructions for the AMC, got a better offensive input but kept things tight at the back?

Can anybody make a suggestion for the AMC position. Can't seem to find someone who really excels in this position. Tried two or three candidates who look good on paper but they never really seem to contribute as much as I would like.

Anyone tweaked instructions for the AMC, got a better offensive input but kept things tight at the back?

Hey

I think this is a positional problem and I will analyze this.

I also get terrible results with my AMC.. Everton George Green is the only one that performed for me, Barkley doesnt not go well, 7.11 average season rating, to comprae with my other creative players who got like 7.55 +

The thing about the AMC is, his AP(S) will make him defend as well and its needed.

But I can try an attack duty too, but then the wingers need to come back somehow. Like, setting instructions on them to mark opponent full backs maybe

Thx, kallemannen, this tactic works great for me.

I started using it late in 19/20 season with West Brom - my first season with them. I got lucky because of the takeover by some Korean guy - I've got some money for transfers. I won Premier League in 20/21 with them (26W 9D 3L) and qualified for 2nd round of Champions League in a group with Juventus, Real Madrid and Porto - a win and a draw against Juve and Porto and 2 losses against Real. My squad was average or a bit above.

Mid 21/22 season I moved to Arsenal and went from 14th at boxing day to 4th at the end of season, only losing against Man City (league away), West Brom (FA Cup 3rd round away) and Liverpool (League Cup final). And I won the Europa league). In 22/23 season my team leads the Premier League after 5 rounds wit 15 points (including wins against City at home and Chelsea away). We won the Super Cup against Chelsea, first group game in CL against Dortmund and League Cup 3rd round.

I made a few tweaks: I use Close down much more and I unticked Stand on Feet. Plus I made a change with the Fullback on IF side, he now has Run wide with ball and Cross from Byline, because I don't generate enough crosses fron IF side. I almost never use Counter version. I also made changes in Defending corners, I put one player to mark near post. And my corner taker is ussualy AMC.

Regarding AMC: My AP at West Brom had one of the best ratings during a title winning season (Argentinian Sebastian Blanco, very decent ratings for AMC). With Arsenal, I have Rafinha (originally Barcelona) and Ademoglu (Belgian, Anderlecht), plus one regen, and they ussualy have very good ratings. I sometimes have problems with my CDs and DMs, and my strikers are also very inconsistent.

One important thing: get a defender who has long bullet throw (I have Lucas Digne).

Andit still works in 15.3, for me even better than before:)

Early results are good but when I check the other manager's style it almost always says "mixed" and rarely says anything else. When I check to see where the other teams goals are coming from it always says "right wing" or "left wing". Any input would be helpful.

Thx, kallemannen, this tactic works great for me.

I started using it late in 19/20 season with West Brom - my first season with them. I got lucky because of the takeover by some Korean guy - I've got some money for transfers. I won Premier League in 20/21 with them (26W 9D 3L) and qualified for 2nd round of Champions League in a group with Juventus, Real Madrid and Porto - a win and a draw against Juve and Porto and 2 losses against Real. My squad was average or a bit above.

Mid 21/22 season I moved to Arsenal and went from 14th at boxing day to 4th at the end of season, only losing against Man City (league away), West Brom (FA Cup 3rd round away) and Liverpool (League Cup final). And I won the Europa league). In 22/23 season my team leads the Premier League after 5 rounds wit 15 points (including wins against City at home and Chelsea away). We won the Super Cup against Chelsea, first group game in CL against Dortmund and League Cup 3rd round.

I made a few tweaks: I use Close down much more and I unticked Stand on Feet. Plus I made a change with the Fullback on IF side, he now has Run wide with ball and Cross from Byline, because I don't generate enough crosses fron IF side. I almost never use Counter version. I also made changes in Defending corners, I put one player to mark near post. And my corner taker is ussualy AMC.

Regarding AMC: My AP at West Brom had one of the best ratings during a title winning season (Argentinian Sebastian Blanco, very decent ratings for AMC). With Arsenal, I have Rafinha (originally Barcelona) and Ademoglu (Belgian, Anderlecht), plus one regen, and they ussualy have very good ratings. I sometimes have problems with my CDs and DMs, and my strikers are also very inconsistent.

One important thing: get a defender who has long bullet throw (I have Lucas Digne).

Andit still works in 15.3, for me even better than before:)

hi can you put link for your tactics do you use OI ?

hi can you put link for your tactics do you use OI ?

Hi!

I downloaded those tactics, links are in the first post. I only made few tweaks to TI as mentioned in my previous post. I didn't change any PI's except for wide defenders as I mentioned already.

I use the original OI (look at first post in this thread). I had to set those up manually in tactics screen. I also use sideline talks as mentioned in the first post.

Regarding match training, I mainly use defensive positioning, except when big favourite at home, when I use attacking movement.

I also train my defenders to play short passing game, not dive into tackles and mark opponents tightly. And for IFs, it useful to have cuts inside.

Sometimes when I'm up by 3 or more, I lower the tempo and go back to Prees more and Stay on feet.

And if I'm up by 1 or 2 against top team, I change between 60-75 minute from Contol to Counter, then use Clear ball to flanks instead of Play out of defence, Play wider, Higher tempo and Be more disciplined. And for last 5 minutes of each half I might use Tighten up sideline call or even change to defensive or contain with Waste time TI.

In last two seasons I lost 2 league games, one in each season, and finished second with 95 points and first with 102 points, and won all cups except one FA cup, when I lost after penalties after failing to score from 5 CC chances and 8 half chances. Just one of those games.

Sometimes there is a problem playing against quality teams with only two wide players (mainly 4-1-2-1-2 and 3-4-3 formation). Sometimes using Look for overlap helps, but not always. I tried also with Exploit the flanks but it didn't work at all. Against 3-4-3 I sometimes tweak OI's on strikers.

Having great players helps. I retrained Ramsey to play regista and he's amazing, but he's turning 33 so I'm looking for a replacement. He had over 130 key passes 4 or 5 games before end of season (I forgot to look at final stats at the end of season). But that's nothing compared to Digne who had over 300 (around 10 per game) - he's a throw in's taker. And Digne's AVR was 8.79. So train one of your players for long bullet throw.

Archived