Advice on Sergi Samper

Hello all.

In my barca save I know how good samper is and he develops into a world class player. Currently I'm playing as Monaco and I've got Samper on loan with the option to buy for £20m. I could not buy him before the loan cos barca would not accept any kind of offer. Now that i've got the option to buy attached to his agreement should I buy him at the end of the season? Another thing I've noticed hes got a bio clause of £11m in his contract. Which should I activate at the end of the season? His option to buy or his release clause?

Why would you put in a 20m bid for a player you can bid 11m for?

I didn't notice at the time. The thing is barca Always renew contracts when a club activates a release clause. I've experienced this so many times. Munir is a good example. I'm just wandering whether I'll get more joy out of his 'option to buy' clause over his release clause..

He's well worth £20m without a shadow of a doubt lol. His attributes for a 19 year old r amazing. He has 4 star potential with a fifth black star and his current ability is already 3 star.

Don't forget, that's how he's perceived by your coaching and scouting staff. It's not reflective of his true abilities.

You might sign him and sign another player in the same position, and the player in the same position could be much better, resulting in Sampers stars dipping slightly (or vice versa might happen).

I had Samper on a season loan at Arsenal with an option to buy for 9.5 M. I tried to use that option already in December - what happened then is that he renewed his contract with Barca and did not accept my contract offer. I tried again the following May - same thing happened again. So sod it. He clearly wants to stay at Barca. He could become a very decent midfielder, but hey - if a player wants to play for any other team before mine, then I don't want him. That much.

Personally, I'd buy Gil Romero for less. Samper a great prospect though, either £11m or £20m is a good deal.

I had gil romero for my chelsea save, i ended up selling him as I werent convinced. I thought lucas romero and lucas silva were better.

I had gil romero for my chelsea save, i ended up selling him as I werent convinced. I thought lucas romero and lucas silva were better.

Lucas Romero I would agree, value for money through Gil has been outstanding for me.

I think I bought him for £4m, played him for 6 solid seasons getting 7.5+ avg ratings from him and sold him for £40m.

I can understand if you are Chelsea and can get others in though.

Don't get me wrong Gil Romero is a good player and he would certainly fit the bill for monaco. And as u said hes dirt cheap. I could easily pick him up for less than 10m no problem. Thing is he's a CM, Samper is a DM and thats the position i need filling. Any how... ill probably sign both in the summer to add depth, maybe lucas silva as well cos hes cheap also lol.

Archived