Contract ends 1 week before CL Final

Playing as Aberdeen, Champions League Final coming up in a couple of weeks (7th June)

For some terrible reason, player contracts end on 31st May, yup - 1 week before the season actually finishes.

I've got a 32 year old Left Back who i'm ditching at the end of his contract. I've signed his replacement already but he's cup-tied for Champions League.

So my choices are to give my 32 year old another year's contract so he can play 1 game, or to go into the match with no recognised left back (my 18 year old 3rd choice is out on loan to get some playing experience).

Surely the contracts should be programmed to end after the season ends, no? That would seem to be a logical outcome.

Ah yes, i hadn't thought of that, guess i'll just wait til his contract does run out and see if he's going to leave automatically - as you point out, he'll probably stick around as he's a Key Player.

However, it shouldn't come to this, players should have a contract that lasts til then complete and utter end of the season!

What I would say is if he chooses to walk away before the CL final then I would raise that as a bug. I can't see a situation where (even if he's miffed at not getting a new contract) a player would walk away from a club before a CL final.

Good luck.

I'm pretty sure Scottish contracts always end in May. And although it doesn't seem right that the Champions League final is in June, I think it is this year in real life, 6th June or something. Seems wrong to me too, but it matches real life.

Archived