I need help defending

I am playing with St Pauli from the German second division, predicted to finish 7th but finished first and got to the first division now I am 1st half way through the season, I could beat every team but Bayern(left to my coach and drew)

I really cant figure out the defending in this game

I bought defenders that speaker German. I even got a 199cm tall defender with 19 Jumping reach and it isnt helping haha. I decided to look at the stats of strikers and saw Huntelaar has 19 in almost everything and almost went crazy. KieBling is even better. Pierre Emerie Aubumeyang has 20 Accelaration, I cant believe I beat those teams but half way through the season I am spent and need ideas.

I have 3 formations

4 2 DM 2AM(wingers) and 2 strikers

4 1 DM 2 CM 1 AM and 2 strikers

4 1DM 3 1

Any suggestions?

Yeah, 1st division is a wake-up call. I took over Bayern in 2032 and the regens are just silly. I'm actually using a 3-3-2-2 (or 3-5-2) with two Limited Defenders flanking a Ball-playing Defender, 3 mid-fielders (2 ball-winning on defend flanking an Advanced playmaker on attack) 2 wingers set to defensive winger-support, and a AF-A and DLF-S. Playing Control-Fluid. Winning most of the games 3-0, 4-0 and the opponent's lucky to get 1-2 shots off.

However...what everyone else will say is "go to the Tactics forum"...

Weird enough is that I am winning, It was a breath of fresh air to learn to go on vacation when I get burned out but defending in the game is ridiculous, especially the insane amount of own goals and lapses by goalies. I discovered that my squad is too big and buying so many strikers might be detrimental but I really need help in buying defenders. I snapped up a few wonderkids on free transfers but for defense, I need rocks in the back, although goalkeeper blunders are still the biggest problems. I am very well versed in the tactics. I just need good defenders that wont break the bank. I am 1st in the German League and undefeated midseason so I am doing a lot right. I have only scored half the goals 2nd team Bayern has but conceeded less than half of their goals haha

I decided to use defensive wingers after being on vacation for the second half of the season and my defense seemed more solid but I think my defenders are not aggressive or brave enough so I am thinking of buying brave and aggressive defenders. I seem to concede from corners usually a rebound. Sometimes the opponent tries thrice before putting in the back on the net. I think aggression and bravery might fix that

I'll shift this over to that forum, as it's probably the more appropriate area.

EDIT - Done. But I agree with HUNT3R. Getting promoted and then topping the Bundesliga in the following season isn't something I'd be too concerned about.

EDIT2 - Please also read this: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/327822-Asking-For-Help-PLEASE-READ-THIS and post as much detail as possible about your various tactics. I for one will be fascinated to see the systems that have enabled you to overachieve like this.

Tbh, his 2nd post sounded more like he's after a transfer market strategy to buy better defenders. He said he's well versed in tactics and he is doing very, very well so I didn't see the need in offering any tactical suggestions.

If you're in need of help specifically against Bayern, it might be worth posting your tactics and a PKM of a previous meeting or their previous game so that it can be analyzed.

Me too, especially as you seem to go on holiday for half the season. Who is your assistant? Mourinho? ;)

hahaha funny

I only used two tactical instructions nothing fancy

Play Wider

Expressive

My two main problems

1 My Full Backs are too easily beat ( I play them as CWBs)

2 Central Defenders just seem to stand

Salifu and Lopy and Boll are my three tough tackling midfielders, the rest are Advanced Playmakers or Deep Lying Playmakers.

I play my advanced play makers out wide when I need wingers and switch to AP- attack. I guess using defensive wingers would gladly help

My Asssitant Coach is German Hollderbach or something. He isnt that great lol.

My main question is this, will aggression and Bravery make better defenders, also how does determination play into it. I made a backup save and was thinking of using Kelvin Wilson who has 15 in pretty much all stats. Would Brave defenders make up for weaker stats or just concede a million penalties

Archived