Ordering FM15 in Cambodia

It was really hard finding a supplier to order FM14 last year, but in the end FMScout could deliver (well, authorise the download) to me here in Cambodia. Alas, according to an email I just received, it will not be possible this year:

*Restrictions: This offer is not open to people resident in: Germany, China, Korea, Hong Kong, Japan, Taiwan, India, Turkey, South America, Russia & CIS, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, Myanmar, Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, Indonesia, Brunei.

So does anybody know a supplier from whom anyone in the Asian countries [specifically Cambodia in my case] here can order FM15?

You could always use a vpn service so your connection according to steam or whatever online store you use thinks you're in a different country
One of the more extreme policies is from the most used digital distribution service, Steam:

You agree that you will not use IP proxying or other methods to disguise the place of your residence, whether to circumvent geographical restrictions on game content, to purchase at pricing not applicable to your geography, or for any other purpose. If you do this, we may terminate your access to your Account.

Steam's policy, while extreme, is not wholly dissimilar to others in the industry. Many digital game distribution services or retailers state in their Terms of Service (TOS) that using a VPN/Proxy service will result in an account termination or your purchase being revoked. We advise you to never use a VPN/Proxy Service to activate games.

(Stolen from reddit...)

Seems like the easiest way would be buy a computer from a "legal" country with FM pre-installed and activated, then have it shipped to Cambodia - certainly not the cheapest way, however. It's like SI doesn't want 3/4 of the world to purchase and play their game.

You could always use a vpn service so your connection according to steam or whatever online store you use thinks you're in a different country

You might want to read the TOS for Steam (and these forums) before making such suggestions.

Got nobody in the eligible countries that could order it for you?

Well in the old days I got my septugenarian mum to buy the box and ship it out to me. If I get her to purchase the key in the UK (or former UK from Friday) and she emails it out to me, can I legally download the game through Steam here? I feel a bit of a fool as a guy in my 50s asking mummy to buy me a game, but needs must if it's a goer.

Unrelated: but it's interesting to see someone from Cambodia on here! what's the domestic football like there? does anyone care about it? and how are the national team?

There is domestic and national football here but it's at an unfeasibly low level. Kids play it but there's no money in the game so whilst U17 teams might beat the odd Pacific Island's U17s, after that it's often hard to put a squad together and avoid humiliating scores.

For all that, European football on TV is a bit of an obsession - especially Premier League and La Liga, but in my experience everyone is only interested for gambling purposes rather than the beauty of the game itself. And the market for Football Manager is, well, me. I can't see how the smallness of the market means my credit card is invalid, but maybe there are issues with credit card companies and money laundering issues or something.

Wait a second...

Since when is FM not distributed in Vietnam? I bought FM 2013 and FM 2014 without any problems via Steam in Vietnam. Has SEGA somehow extended their sphere of influence?

This would be a desaster!!

Archived