What kind of player personalities usually perform best for you?

Might be a redundant thread, as a model professional will always be a better personality than a fairly sporting one. But let's see if there's a pattern emerging.

For me, its a toss-up between Resolute and Determined. Both of these are quite common personalities so I assume many people will mention them.

Model professionals come around sometimes but not as often as the ones above, and obviously theyre good, but I just havent had enough.

I have one young Perfectionist right now, first one I've had. Hope he can become a star in the future.

If I had to pick one I'd go with Resolute. They're often my biggest stars and Determined people dont always respond positively to team talks. Maybe it's just me, but I've noticed a pattern there.

What do the rest of you think? Resolute, determined, driven, model professional or maybe something else?

And what are the worst ones? Obviously stuff like Spineless is awful, but I cant even remember last time I saw one. I tend to not be happy with anything that starts with "Fairly". Also dont like Ambitious for some reason, they just dont seem to make the best players.

I love a Model Pro. I currently have 7 Model Pro's at the club and 2 more who were Model Pro's and are now Leaders.

I also have 6 Resolute's but these are just failed attempts at getting to Model Pro.

I would love a Model Citizen but never seen one anywhere.

What do you get if you cross a Perfectionist with a Model Pro and a Light-Hearted?

My squads nearly always end up with personalities that have high levels of Professionalism and Ambition, although I never really aim for this with the belief that their personality will impact on their 'on-the-pitch' performances.

It's purely a by-product of prioritising Professionalism and Ambition in youngsters to aid their development. Combined with the older players I sign purely for tutoring purposes, again with Professionalism and Ambition as the focus, it's only a matter of time before they are the dominating attributes.

I aim for great Professionalism and acceptable Ambition. These youngsters develop well and also accept all kinds of training requests (new position etc) so I can shape them any way I want. I don't want too great an Ambition though, because I am not a top club and I am scared of losing the youngster.

So Resolute, Spirited, and the Professional/Fairly Professional personalities are the ones I go for. Also, Unflappable is a great Media Handling Style (good Pressure, Temperament, Loyalty & Controversy), but I have never been able to sign anyone Unflappable.

Archived