Create a Club

Just a thought, we get paid in FM2014 But what is there to use the money to do? We can't invest in clubs, buy clubs we can't even buy a candy or have a family. Yes you might say these are not important things but what if SI introduce a create a club feature/own a club. Would any of you use it?

If you became a successful football manager, you would use the money to buy nice things, like lots of gadgets and holidays to Disney, not invest your money in starting your own club and go right to the bottom of the pyramid.

Think this has been brought up over and over again. And every time the general consensus is that it's a rubbish idea.

And how would it be?

It would provide a bigger challenge and it adds to the name Football Manager. We always manage a club that is already there, i know some that even go as far as use the DB to create a Club. So please how would it be Rubbish? I would like to understand the reasoning.

And how would it be?

It would provide a bigger challenge and it adds to the name Football Manager. We always manage a club that is already there, i know some that even go as far as use the DB to create a Club. So please how would it be Rubbish? I would like to understand the reasoning.

Because it's called football manager, and not football director. There have been other games for that kind of thing.

Your point about buying candy is ridiculous, and you can have sons on the game (implying that you have a family), but to mix family life with FM would alienate a lot of current players of the game who buy it to manage football clubs -- and not to engage in such mundane trivialities.

It might be a bit of fun for some people but how many managers do you know of who do this? This is a football management simulation game, perhaps as a challenge in FMC it would be good but as far as the full game goes, nah.

Because it's called football manager, and not football director. There have been other games for that kind of thing.

To be fair, Football Manager is absolutely nothing like actual football management and is as unrealistic as some suggestions made by players.

I guess, with the in-game editor, you could always take a low-level club, edit in all the details and funding you'd like and transfer your manager into the team as chairman - not that you'd be able to do anything after that point, except run the club 2nd-hand with the editor - upgrade facilities, hire a coach, etc.

You guys are misunderstanding the concept of the Create a Club, you would still manage your club not hire a manager, you will be the manager of the club all you would get to do is create the name, kit and so forth

Just a thought, we get paid in FM2014 But what is there to use the money to do? We can't invest in clubs, buy clubs we can't even buy a candy or have a family. Yes you might say these are not important things but what if SI introduce a create a club feature/own a club. Would any of you use it?

Ask a *gaming* community and they'll probably be more receptive of the idea.

No point floating it on here, where for most people this is their sole toe-dipping into 'gaming' and as such will blackball the idea on the point of narrow-mindedness.

/pretentiousness

No point floating it on here, where for most people this is their sole toe-dipping into 'gaming' and as such will blackball the idea on the point of narrow-mindedness.

/pretentiousness

Well ok then.

/pretentiousness

To be fair, you don't need to play more than one game to realise it's a terrible idea in the context of FM.

If you want to play happy families then maybe you are playing the wrong game, maybe The Sims is more your thing?

You either don't read or you want to just make a pointless post.

The main point of the entire topic is to simple allow a user to create a club, if one read further up the most significant thing posted so far was that to make it a challenge in FMC. And yes it can be done via the editor and i know of persons that do it via the editor so why not allow it to be done in game

You either don't read or you want to just make a pointless post.

The main point of the entire topic is to simple allow a user to create a club, if one read further up the most significant thing posted so far was that to make it a challenge in FMC. And yes it can be done via the editor and i know of persons that do it via the editor so why not allow it to be done in game

Why does it need to be an in-game thing if you can already do it in the editor?

Right now, if you want to, you can boot up the editor, turn the MLS team FC Dallas into the Dallas Cowboys, make Texas Stadium their home pitch, give them all the team colors for their kits, add in a logo, and even name the players Troy Aikman and Tony Romo and Tony Dorsett if you want to, and SI doesn't have to add that unnecessary feature to the actual game. Or barring that, take a few quid, fly to England, buy a local team and make it your own.

I don't really see how it would be that hard to implement.

You would essentially be unsackable,

A bit of work would need done around how board decisions and staff limits were handled,

And some mechanism to force you to "sell" your club if you were in administration or relegated from the lowest playable division.

Maybe some harsher attendance impact if you were doing badly?

Is it realistic? Arguably not, but as always there are those exceptions to the rule that set a precedent such as Barry Fry having been chairman-manager of Peterborough at one point?

Right now, if you want to, you can boot up the editor, turn the MLS team FC Dallas into the Dallas Cowboys, make Texas Stadium their home pitch, give them all the team colors for their kits, add in a logo, and even name the players Troy Aikman and Tony Romo and Tony Dorsett if you want to, and SI doesn't have to add that unnecessary feature to the actual game. Or barring that, take a few quid, fly to England, buy a local team and make it your own.

Can I give them a mega screen as well? :cool:

even without a tutorial/manual, it only took me about 15-20 minutes to figure out how to edit a club - now setting up a national database might take me some days.

Archived