Applying for jobs ..broke?

My last two saves,I Had US Colomiers in france..took a depleated squad to ligue 1 and got a tycoon to buy me..but I wouldn't get a look in for any other jobs not even linked

So started a new save Stuttgart Kickers..predicted to finish 20 in bottom divison went up via play off

second season prewdicted to finish 18th and went up 2nd,

Hertha Berlin who got relegated ..laugh at my intrest as a job

So do ADO den Haag?

WTF? I've took a club with zero resources up and clubs who aint top tier would surley be intrested

very disapointing

Reputation doesn't rise that quickly. None of the situations described make it seem broken in any way. You've over-achieved at a club, great, but it'd take more than that for a club to have a punt on you.

You need to have continued success over a number of years before a bigger side will deem you worth the risk, and that's hard to argue with.

Reputation doesn't rise that quickly. None of the situations described make it seem broken in any way. You've over-achieved at a club, great, but it'd take more than that for a club to have a punt on you.

You need to have continued success over a number of years before a bigger side will deem you worth the risk, and that's hard to argue with.

Are you being serious?

if you take a skint club up 2 divisons and overachieved with no cash..a side wouldn't look at you?It happens in Scotland time & time again.

Are you being serious?

if you take a skint club up 2 divisons and overachieved with no cash..a side wouldn't look at you?It happens in Scotland time & time again.

Take a look? Maybe. Hire over others? Not so sure.

And here the real life argument falls down, as there isn't such a rigid reputation system in real life, which there is in FM.

You're not managing in Scotland though.

In all fairness it is an issue that does crop up form time to time & is normally linked to manager reputation, if you have a specific save showing the problem then I'd be interested in taking a look at it.

Yes,I'm manging in a league where the reputation is better than Scotland

so I should have at least a shout of getting a job like Ado Den HAAG

I would happily send my save if you want

I'm managing Peterhead in Scotland, and have taken them all the way to the PL in successive seasons. Managed to keep them up in the SLP two seasons running and I've been approached for one job - from Championship side St Johnstone.

Running the club on average attendances of about 1400 and surviving on pretty much petrol fumes! My main striker won the European Golden Ball, last season and he's still only worth £120k with no bigger sides after him, bar a couple of fellow SPL sides!

Yes,I'm manging in a league where the reputation is better than Scotland

so I should have at least a shout of getting a job like Ado Den HAAG

I would happily send my save if you want

It doesn't matter that your league has a higher reputation than Scotland; your reputation is based on three scores (just like with other staff) - current reputation, home reputation and world reputation. They all move at different rates. Then you have other factors; even if you do manage to drag Backwater United into the Champions League, that doesn't necessarily mean you deserve a big job; Terry Brown hauled AFC Wimbledon from pub leagues to the Football League, but I'm sure he isn't on Tottenham's shortlist. Neither is Karl Marginson, who did the same thing.

Club reputation is relevant, too; using real-life examples again, Swansea and Hull are good examples here; they might be Premier League sides, but they aren't big clubs. They're small clubs that rose through the leagues rapidly from bottom to top. And while that's impressive to fans, players, pundits and coaches in England, it doesn't mean much to Italians, Germans, Spaniards or the French. That's why they struggle to attract top talent from overseas in real-life and the best players they pick up are often Brits. Likewise, neither Peter Taylor nor Kenny Jackett have been rewarded with jobs at big clubs for the groundwork they put in to grow their clubs. It just doesn't work like that in real life, so why should it in-game?

• 2 weeks later...
It doesn't matter that your league has a higher reputation than Scotland; your reputation is based on three scores (just like with other staff) - current reputation, home reputation and world reputation. They all move at different rates. Then you have other factors; even if you do manage to drag Backwater United into the Champions League, that doesn't necessarily mean you deserve a big job; Terry Brown hauled AFC Wimbledon from pub leagues to the Football League, but I'm sure he isn't on Tottenham's shortlist. Neither is Karl Marginson, who did the same thing.

Club reputation is relevant, too; using real-life examples again, Swansea and Hull are good examples here; they might be Premier League sides, but they aren't big clubs. They're small clubs that rose through the leagues rapidly from bottom to top. And while that's impressive to fans, players, pundits and coaches in England, it doesn't mean much to Italians, Germans, Spaniards or the French. That's why they struggle to attract top talent from overseas in real-life and the best players they pick up are often Brits. Likewise, neither Peter Taylor nor Kenny Jackett have been rewarded with jobs at big clubs for the groundwork they put in to grow their clubs. It just doesn't work like that in real life, so why should it in-game?

Top post mate.

Likewise, neither Peter Taylor nor Kenny Jackett have been rewarded with jobs at big clubs for the groundwork they put in to grow their clubs.

I'm not sure where Peter Taylor could go from his current place that would be considered a step up. The man's at the greatest club in the world already. ;)

Archived