Trequartista most important attributes

I got inspired to play a strikerless formation with Valencia (after reading the latest CCC issue) and they have quite a few players that can play that as a Trequartista.

My question is simple which attributes are more valueble for a Trequartista.

My candidates are:

Paco Alacer:

GQUS0zE.jpg

Jonas:

q0YxAl5.jpg

Cartabia:

C2hHnTf.jpg

Michel Herrero:

gABTT2W.jpg

Eventho it isn't highlighted i think work rate is important for a terquartista. His role demands he moves around a lot to always find space he can exploit (combined with off the ball and anticipation of course ) . So my anwser would be Jonas

Jonas is definitely the one I'd pick. On top of the expected stats, that work rate, and determination will help him a lot. I find despite their role, Treq's with work rate, team work and determination will press when the other team have the ball, a lot more than they're supposed to, which is very nice.

Eventho it isn't highlighted i think work rate is important for a terquartista. His role demands he moves around a lot to always find space he can exploit (combined with off the ball and anticipation of course ) . So my anwser would be Jonas

Disagree with this. A treq does nothing defensively, and his offensive movement is more drifting than running.

If an AMC has good work rate, I'd actually be less likely to use him as a treq. Would rather give him an AP or AM role so he helps out on defense.

Disagree with this. A treq does nothing defensively, and his offensive movement is more drifting than running.

If an AMC has good work rate, I'd actually be less likely to use him as a treq. Would rather give him an AP or AM role so he helps out on defense.

But an AP/AM still won't really help out the defense even with high work rate so I'm not sure I follow your logic. He's too high up the pitch to really help out the defense anyway. He can defend from the front but then again so does the treq......

And a Treq runs too.....he might drift to find space but he still runs like the other roles so not really sure what you're actually on about with all respect.

Workrate is important for any player that you need to work hard especially when they are a vital part of the formation and need them to create space and be creative.

One lad born to play that role is young Will Hughes of Derby. Signed him to play that TreQ role in a 4-3-1-2 and he has been aces.

Does he score a lot of goals for you? Have always found him to be more a provider of assists than scoring goals.

That said, i've never successfully implemented a Treq, even with players like Mata who seem perfect for the role.

Surely you would want them to have a high work rate due to the fact that in a strikerless formation they will be the spearhead of your attack, and will be operating in a larger area due to not having someone further up the pitch infront of them?

Does he score a lot of goals for you? Have always found him to be more a provider of assists than scoring goals.

That said, i've never successfully implemented a Treq, even with players like Mata who seem perfect for the role.

Surely you would want them to have a high work rate due to the fact that in a strikerless formation they will be the spearhead of your attack, and will be operating in a larger area due to not having someone further up the pitch infront of them?

I like to set a striker as a Treq, done it with good results with Bony, and with Javier Hernandez(despite some less than ideal stats) I was getting a goal a game. In a 4-1-2-2-1 setup, to me the Treq striker ends up playing more like a False Nine than the F9 role does.

Archived