Stuck in non-active league

I created a club and put it in the lowest playable league in England (Skrill South). Unfortunately I got relegated to "Northern Premier Premier" which is not an active league and can't be activated. It's been a year in my game and there is no way for me to get out of this league since there are no games to play to win promotion :confused:

Anyone been in the same situation? Please don't tell me to start a new game :(

The only way(s) would be to restart your save, possibly with the downloaded lower-leagues from the editors hideaway, or to resign and hope that they are promoted again. It happens, because someone has to replace the relegated clubs.

The only way(s) would be to restart your save, possibly with the downloaded lower-leagues from the editors hideaway, or to resign and hope that they are promoted again. It happens, because someone has to replace the relegated clubs.

I'll wait for another year. Thanks.

I don't know how the editor works, but who gets promoted from non-playable leagues has nothing at all, (I think), to do with players and instead it is a mixture of reputation and luck. The higher reputation teams in that league will get promoted most often, but it is theoretically possible for even the lowest ranked team to get promoted.

As a result of this, if you were to use the editor to increase your reputation significantly, (in order to get you promoted to a playable league again), and then reduce it back to what it was again afterwards, it should do the trick.

Apologies if that's not possible but I have no experience with the editor.

As a result of this, if you were to use the editor to increase your reputation significantly, (in order to get you promoted to a playable league again), and then reduce it back to what it was again afterwards, it should do the trick.

Apologies if that's not possible but I have no experience with the editor.

That will work.

However, you can save and reload the game around the dates where the promoted team is decided. I guess this is the season update day, and I am pretty sure this is when a team is randomly picked. So if you save a day before then, and reload until your team is the promoted one (making the reputation temporarily higher as suggested), you should get them reasonably quickly.

However, you can save and reload the game around the dates where the promoted team is decided. I guess this is the season update day, and I am pretty sure this is when a team is randomly picked. So if you save a day before then, and reload until your team is the promoted one (making the reputation temporarily higher as suggested), you should get them reasonably quickly.

Here's how to do it: http://footballmanagerhowto.wordpress.com/2013/10/27/how-to-play-as-an-unplayable-club-updated/

(skip to step six - reset day is 25th June for England, so save on the 24th)

Archived