Adding Rules to existing league structures

barka

It is not too difficult to do. Firstly, you will need to add nation rules, select the nation you want (for example England), and select the option 'add lower divisions and cups to existing structure'. Next, you need to switch to advanced rules. You do this by going to the Rules menu and selection 'Convert to advanced rules.'

Now this will give you a heck of a lot of things under the Advanced Rules panel, but there is only one thing that is of interest to you, so we can ignore almost everything. What is important is the tab called 'England' (or whatever nation you select). If you click on the '+' next to the nation this will bring up a new list full of options. You will be interested in 'Fixture Rules', which again will have a '+' next to it. If we click on this +, we will be able to see all the different rule groups that are used in England. There will typically be one for every competition which has different rules. In the case of England there are 21 different rule groups.

What we need to do first is find which rule group we need to change! This is easy to do. If you select the competition you want to edit on the lower left hand list, you will see a series of options appear. Clicking on the 'Competition' tab will bring up basic information about this competition. If you scroll down the main panel until you see the 'Fixture Rules Index' tab (which is just under the 'Date Range' box. This tells you the number of the rule group this competition uses. In the case of the premier league it is 6. We can now edit the correct set of rules without changing anything else.

Going back to the fixture rules tab, we can select 'Rules 6', which tells us all of the information about the squad selection rules for the premier league. You will see that they are the ones you are familiar with in game. There are several options here, and you can explore the rest if you want, but for your 6+5 idea you want to go to the 'Squad Selection Rules' box at the very bottom of the main panel. There are already 2 options in here, about squad size and number of homegrown players. If you click 'add' you will create a new rule. Selecting the box on the left hand side, you get a menu to select what rules you want. You want to select 'first 11 rules -> foreign players in first 11'. You can then select 5 in the 'value' box, and make sure the criterion is 'less than'. You have changed the rules!

Because you have used the advanced rules, after you save you must verify that your file is okay. This is not hard, but can take 5-10 minutes. Save the file, and then from the Rules manu, select 'Test Rules' and then 'All'. This will run a simulation to ensure nothing crashes and everything works. After this, you should be able to use the file. Repeat as required for whichever league you want.

I hope this is helpful =}.

It is not too difficult to do. Firstly, you will need to add nation rules, select the nation you want (for example England), and select the option 'add lower divisions and cups to existing structure'. Next, you need to switch to advanced rules. You do this by going to the Rules menu and selection 'Convert to advanced rules.'

Now this will give you a heck of a lot of things under the Advanced Rules panel, but there is only one thing that is of interest to you, so we can ignore almost everything. What is important is the tab called 'England' (or whatever nation you select). If you click on the '+' next to the nation this will bring up a new list full of options. You will be interested in 'Fixture Rules', which again will have a '+' next to it. If we click on this +, we will be able to see all the different rule groups that are used in England. There will typically be one for every competition which has different rules. In the case of England there are 21 different rule groups.

What we need to do first is find which rule group we need to change! This is easy to do. If you select the competition you want to edit on the lower left hand list, you will see a series of options appear. Clicking on the 'Competition' tab will bring up basic information about this competition. If you scroll down the main panel until you see the 'Fixture Rules Index' tab (which is just under the 'Date Range' box. This tells you the number of the rule group this competition uses. In the case of the premier league it is 6. We can now edit the correct set of rules without changing anything else.

Going back to the fixture rules tab, we can select 'Rules 6', which tells us all of the information about the squad selection rules for the premier league. You will see that they are the ones you are familiar with in game. There are several options here, and you can explore the rest if you want, but for your 6+5 idea you want to go to the 'Squad Selection Rules' box at the very bottom of the main panel. There are already 2 options in here, about squad size and number of homegrown players. If you click 'add' you will create a new rule. Selecting the box on the left hand side, you get a menu to select what rules you want. You want to select 'first 11 rules -> foreign players in first 11'. You can then select 5 in the 'value' box, and make sure the criterion is 'less than'. You have changed the rules!

Because you have used the advanced rules, after you save you must verify that your file is okay. This is not hard, but can take 5-10 minutes. Save the file, and then from the Rules manu, select 'Test Rules' and then 'All'. This will run a simulation to ensure nothing crashes and everything works. After this, you should be able to use the file. Repeat as required for whichever league you want.

I hope this is helpful =}.

this is a great explanation:D you need to get involved with creating the manual Michael F is setting up take a look at it

• 2 months later...

how could you do that every country in europe is only allowed to have 3 foreign players in their squad? is there an option to add this rule to all the existing countrys, or have i to edit every country an every cup an competition?

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

think serie a is hardcoded for some reason and it cant be changed..... and to see a competition you have to do as post 2 states not do it as you state ''when i go into editor --> competition --> serie a'' I have checked and serie a doesn't show up in advanced rules so only way now is to re create the whole comp

• 2 weeks later...

I have a custom US database. Is there any way to allow certain countries or continents into the squad registration so they don't fall under the foreign player registry.

Example: All American and Canadian players are National or HG selections but I'd like to add all CONCACAF countries too and maybe more.

I have a custom US database. Is there any way to allow certain countries or continents into the squad registration so they don't fall under the foreign player registry.

Example: All American and Canadian players are National or HG selections but I'd like to add all CONCACAF countries too and maybe more.

just search under nations for usa.....select and you will see on the left hand menu "nations treated as non -foreign" add whatever you want to this(I think you can add a continent if you wanted to say add Europe instead of adding each European country, you don't need to access advanced rules to do this just the normal editor rules:)

Archived