Does anyone know the formula for a player so i know what their ability will be

Far too many variables to even try to calculate it tbh.

How comfortable they are in a position, which skills are needed for that position, how many positions they can play all go into how important each attribute is to the player and how big the ratio is to calculate the amount of CA points taken up.

Like Cougar2010 says, the attribute 'weighting' for every position is different. Acceleration and Pace are more valuable the further up the field you go; Strength is more valuable down the middle of the pitch.

It'll take a lot of calculations to work out the weightings for each position and I'm sure SI wouldn't reveal it anyway if asked.

It'll take a lot of calculations to work out the weightings for each position and I'm sure SI wouldn't reveal it anyway if asked.

It is indeed a company secret. When people have made scouting/editing utilities like Genie and RMRTE they've had to use their own ideas to come up with how good they think a player is in %age terms, and these figures are always different.

Think of it in real life terms - when you look at any player, how can you know exactly how much ability he has?

Although, I must say: using the IGE, you can now get a MUCH clearer picture of attribute weighting. As well as the influence of left/right foot attributes and positional acumen.

I had no idea, for instance, that being accomplished in multiple positions eats up a considerable amount of CA.

Although, I must say: using the IGE, you can now get a MUCH clearer picture of attribute weighting. As well as the influence of left/right foot attributes and positional acumen.

I had no idea, for instance, that being accomplished in multiple positions eats up a considerable amount of CA.

Its not being accomplished in other positions that eat up the CA points directly.

Its that more attributes become rated as important to the player so more attributes have a higher ratio meaning more CA points get eaten up.

Its not being accomplished in other positions that eat up the CA points directly.

Its that more attributes become rated as important to the player so more attributes have a higher ratio meaning more CA points get eaten up.

Makes sense. Thanks for pointing that out.

I'm very tempted to do my level-headed best to reverse engineer the formula a little bit with the IGE, but I could have sworn I have already seen some kind of mathematical breakdown elsewhere on the forums...

Reckon there are several mental stats and set-piece atrributes which don't have any weighing on the CA. Off the top of my head the set-piece Corners, Free Kicks, Long Throws, Penalties don't eat up any CA. Mental stats include probably Aggression, Bravery, Determination, Flair, Influence, Teamwork and Work Rate. I've personally experimented with the editor on several players on previous versions of FM, AFAIK they probably have not changed anything for FM14.

Yes, having an official SI IGE is a game-changer. Until now we had to guess; now we can work out their weightings.

Archived