What a Frigg-ing place to start

matt 23

Welcome to my attempt at a long Career across Europe. After following alot off Careers last year and this i have decided to give one ago myself.

Leagues Loaded

Czech Rep - Division 2

Denmark - Third division

England - BSP (did not want to start in England so did not load BSS/BSN)

France - Ligue 2

Germany - Bundersliga 2

Holland - Jupiler League

Italy - Seria B

Norway - Second division

Portuagal - Prem Div

Romania - Second Div

Scotland - Third Div

Spain - Liga ADL

Sweden - Second Div

Switzerland - Second Div

Game version: FM12 - latest patch

Database: Large

Aims

To Win as much as i can (obvious)

To Win the title in 5 Different countrys

To Win the Europa league once

To win the Champions League with 2 different clubs from different countrys

To take a team from a division below to glory in the top division

To win the World cup with England.

To manage my side Arsenal at some point.

I will be starting unemployed and hoping for a job straight away in Norway or Sweden will be most likely.

Exp:automatic

Season        Team                Competition            Finished        Notes
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011          Frigg Oslo(norway)  Second Div B2          5th             Joined in June 2011
2012          Frigg Oslo(norway)  Second Div B2          1st             Promoted as champions
2013          Frigg Oslo(norway)  First Div              14th            Left in July while 14th
2013-14       AB(Denmark)         First Div              5th             Resigned end off season due to debt  
2014-15       Volendam(Holland)   Jupiler League         6th             Sacked at end off season
2015-16       Crystal Palace      League 1               20th            Joined Nov 2015 bottom when Joined
2016-17       Crystal Palace      League 1               1st             Champions and JPT winners
2017-18       Wolves              Championship           1st             Champions and League cup Q/f
2018-19       Wolves              Premier League         15th            Turned down Spurs Job  
2019-20       Wolves              Premier League         7th             Turned down Man city and Henrique POY  
2020-21       Wolves              Premier League         3rd             League cup and Facup champions, Henrique POY
2021-22       Wolves              Premier League         3rd League cup winners

Year    Nation   Competition       Finished     Notes       
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018-20 Belgium  European Champs   Semi finals   Knocked out England
2021 -    Brazil     World Cup               Winners

Honours

Club/Nation         Country  Year/Season  Honour

Frigg Oslo           Norway    2012            Division 2 B2 Champions
          Crystal Palace       England   2016-17        JPT winners
          Crystal Palace       England   2016-17        League 1 Champions
          Wolves               England   2017-18        Championship Champions
          Wolves               England   2020-21        League Cup winners
          Wolves               England   2020-21        Fa Cup winners
          Wolves               England   2021-22        League Cup winners

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

friggoslo.png

Frigg Oslo Fotballklubb is a Norwegian sports club from Majorstua in Oslo.

Full name:Frigg Oslo Fotballklubb

Founded:17 May 1904

Ground:Frogner Stadion

Capacity:1,500 (500 seated)

Chairman:Erling Fossen

Division:2nd Div group 2

Media prediction:8th

So i did not have to wait long for my first job just a few days in and 4 job offers came in all from Norway's lower divisions so after looking over all the clubs Frigg oslo looked like the best option.

Here is what the league looked like when i took over obviously they were a little way in being in Scandinaviafriggtakeovertable.jpg

friggoslo.png

FRIGG OSLO - SEASON REVIEW 2011

League

After joining 6 games in and being 8th we managed to make steady progress over the coming months to finish a very respectable 5th place the highest in Frigg oslo history so i found out at the end off season, over the season there was a lot off big scorelines bothe wins and losses as you can probaly tell by goals scored and goals conceaded. However the number off goals conceaded was awful in my opinoun and will need addressing next season. Ifound it very suprising the top divisions 2nd teams like Molde 2 do not walk these sort of leagues as most players in there second team mostly play back up to 1st side and earn double my wage budget in a week. Last thing regarding league Norway need to sort this 24 games in a league season is just not enough.

Friggtable11.jpg

Cup

I did not play the Norwegian cup ties as i was not in charge but they made it to the second round losing to Brann SK 4-1 away.

Transfers

When i took over there was no real wide men or strikers at the squad and alot off players taking up wage budget that did not need to be there here were my dealings, Only real name off note would be Omar Koroma ex Pompey kid who as a poacher was maybe my best player until getting injured 4 games from the end.

Friggtransfers11.jpg

Team

Team as a whole are a half decent side as said before tho the defence really needs tightening up a bit more as the number off goals that have been conceaded is not on really here is team in full.

Friggteam11.jpg

friggoslo.png

FRIGG OSLO - NORWAY DIVISION 2 GROUP 2

2012 SEASON PREVIEW

Norway Div 2 Group 2: Improve on last years 5th

Norwegian Cup: 2nd Round

Media Prediction: 7th

Wage Budget: £3.1k

Transfer Budget: £0

Kit Sponsorship: £81k per year (2 year)

Other aims

Improve last years defence that conceaded way too many goals

Good luck for the season Matt, looks like Koroma and Coulibaly could be good partnership at this level.

They seem to be very good at this level but bringing in Mustafa Hassen over the window has broken the partnership up upto now.

Lets hope for a frigging good season and not oslow start. :D

I Frigging agree. :)

Mid Season Update 2012 - Frigg Oslo

Well after bringing in a few players and getting rid off a few at start off season i am much more happy with the squad now and it has showed on the pitch after that amazing 7-4 game i was worried that the season would go the same way but at the midway point the table looks like this.

Frigghalfway.jpg

Yes after letting in 4 on the opening day i have conceaded only once in the league and that was a 92nd min goal that cost me my only droped points off the season even at this early stage i will be upset iff i do not get promotion.

Special note on Abou Coulibaly my top scorer last season and so far this and would not sign a new contract and was snapped up straight away on a pre contract and will leave come end off season.

friggoslo.png

Season Review 2012 - Frigg Oslo

League

Well football is a funny old game as at my halfway update everything was going like a dream for my Frigg side and they continued for a few more games after this and i ended up going 14 games without losing with only 2 draws in that time and conceadin just 7 goals 4 off which was on the opening day in that amazing 7-4 game but then things just fell way down and from having by far the best form in the league i found myself fighting to find any and the bad results started to flow with absolutly nothing changing not tactics or players or nothing they just started coming and i end up having just a few more wins in my next 10 games and the dreaded goal started leaking again just as they did last season and Molde 2 found my form i had in the early stages off the season and pegged me back too within 2 points with 2 games to go one off which was against Molde but was at home so i new i had the upper hand luckly for me that game or result off it was not going to matter as Molde conceaded in the 90+5min to lose there game and i was crowned champions with my away win in style 4-0 we went on to draw the last game and take the title by 5 points but was alot harder in the end than it should off been but at least it made it a game off it.

Friggtable12.jpg

Cup

Well cup was what i expected i played a team in the same division as me and won comfortable as it was in early stages off season and my form was already very good we won 4-2 away and then went on to a newly promoted Norwegian Prem side and gave it a really good go at home untill Koroma was Sent off after 83mins Coulibaly went off 2 mins later and having no subs left and no strikers on the field i found myself down to 9 men with all them behind the ball we held out untill the 93rd min untill a cross was floated in and headed home by there CB what he was doing there as there was no corner before i will never know but by fortune off bad luck there would be no replay or extra revenue but we could be proud off our performance as the golf in class is more like Prem v L2/BSP.

Transfers

Out with the old deadwood and in came the young and willing players nobody again of known quality i signed a young LB from arsenal a Morrocoan who would be seen by many on there own saves but my signing off the season was Mustafa Hassan a Striker who by no means is an awesome striker but what he has is lots off pace and at this level it is everything just play the ball over the top and boy he will get on the end off it he ended the season with 16 goals in 18 (1) apps and broke up the partnership off Korama and Coulibaly.

Team

Here is a look at the champinchip winning side and again little mention to Coulibaly who is off to play in Denmarks second div i think who i am sure regrets not signing now as he would have been a Norwegian 1st division player.

Friggteam12.jpg

Now who would have Frigging believed we would go up this season.

I have been offer 3 Jobs so far from England from Wycombe(low league 1 and offer came just after winning league) Dag & red (mid table League 2) and Grimsby (3rd in BSP) i am not really looking to go to England just yet although the offers were good for were i am now england will be likely one off my last steps, however i am keeping my eyes out for a better offer from elsewhere i will be cracking on with Frigg for now.

friggoslo.png

FRIGG OSLO - NORWAY DIVISION 1

2013 SEASON PREVIEW

Norway Div 1: Very simple just survive

Norwegian Cup: 3rd Round

Media Prediction:14th

Wage Budget: £4k

Kit Sponsorship: £81k per year (1 year)

Other aims

After recording losses off over 500k last year when not even over wage budget my aim is to get more cash in from elsewhere.

Well as i said it seems the end is near as a intresting job offer has come in from Denmark only a First division club but it seems the next step as i will be given more off a wage budget at they off course have a better rep than Frigg so i feel it maybe the next step on my journey.

joboffer-1.jpg

Things are not going to well in Norway at the moment so maybe it is the best move as it right at start off new season and new window.

Anybody think it would be a bad idea?

ab.png

Akademisk Boldklub

History

The club was formed in 1889 by a group of academics, and the only requirement to play for the club at that time was to be a university student. The club was dominant in early Danish football and won the Danish championship on 9 Occasions.

The club have not played in the top division since being relegated in 2004.

Team

The side at this moment is very small and seem very young with with only 5 players over the age off 23, older players with very good CA is needed here is the squad as it looks when i took over.

abtakeoversquad.jpg

Stadium

Name: Gladsaxe stadium

Capacity:13000 (8000 seated)

Decent size stadium which could bring in some decent money.

Debt

Big downside to this job is the debt that comes with it currently 3.9mil in debt obviously may have to sell any prospects that come through or that are already there to ease this but time will tell.

Season Preview 2013-2014

Dannish First Division

Denmark 1st div: Mid table

Dannish Cup: 3nd Round

Media Prediction: 8th

Wage Budget: £6.75k

Kit Sponsorship: £70.37k per year (2 year)

Other aims

Get to know the team and find out best way to play.

Make money to clear debt

The debt is ridiculous - hopefully you can get that reduced to something managable, otherwise you're going to have problems!

Debt seems managable as it looks like they have sold alot off potential in the last few years at there is clauses that can be cashed in early iff needed that could reduce it by at least 1mil straight away

ab.png

Akademisk Boldklub

Season 2013-2014 midway review

Well as you my have read i only took ths job last summer but it could turn out to be only a short stop in Denmark not for any reason apart from the debt which i forgot to look at before taking the job is becoming out off control after reducing the debt from 3.9mil to 3.1mil and staying over 1k below wage budget it seems like there is no stopping it from rising and has now risen to 3.44mil and we are on the verge off administration which is a shame as the side as a whole up to now have performed more than well and we sit 4th in the league withing points off top spot and promotion. Some mixed results over the season but all games being close and could have gone either way have seen me rise to the top half off the table.

abmidwaytable2013.jpg

I hope we can stave off the administrator but this will be difficult as player value as off now are not really selling wise massive so this is not a option.

abadmin-2.jpg

I will give to end off season and see how we stand but its looking like we may have to move on as the debt just seems to be too big for Dannish 1st div to get into and sort off stability.

Also we now for some reason in Denmark have 5 month break our nest league game not untill april this is way too long.

Another epic game to start.

Was a fantastic game to start with and has been a decent season AB have a decent side just a shame about the Crippling debt which is going to prevent the side from moving on.

Old Club Watch

Frigg Oslo - Frigg were not up to the task of Div 1 football with a low wage budget there compared to others in the division was alway goung to be a uphill struggle when i left they were involved in a relegation fight and they sucumbed to relegation finishing 15th out of 16 so its back to div 2.

I agree, tough to work with that much debt, shame as your having a pretty good season so far.

Nice opening game of the season again aswell, i'm calling a drab 0-0 for next season now!

I think in a bigger and better league like championship or and second leagues in the big countries you could work with it but just no chance here.

Will be intresting to see result next season or whats more intresting is where i might be?

Very nice start in Scandinavia.

Indeed not much you can do about debt except wait and hope that the board provides some occasional cash injections. Saving on wages isn't gonna make a difference in situations like that. Better off using the entire wage budget and do as well as possible on the pitch. Higher attendances, prize money, maybe even promotion will earn much more money than saving a few hundred per week on wages.

As long as you don't go in administration and the chairman doesn't restrict the wage budget too much, it's not a huge issue - you just have to rely on free signings, really, but that's perfectly doable at that level. If you do go into administration, probably best to leave, yeah. :)

Very nice start in Scandinavia.

Indeed not much you can do about debt except wait and hope that the board provides some occasional cash injections. Saving on wages isn't gonna make a difference in situations like that. Better off using the entire wage budget and do as well as possible on the pitch. Higher attendances, prize money, maybe even promotion will earn much more money than saving a few hundred per week on wages.

As long as you don't go in administration and the chairman doesn't restrict the wage budget too much, it's not a huge issue - you just have to rely on free signings, really, but that's perfectly doable at that level. If you do go into administration, probably best to leave, yeah. :)

yeah agree with that i will give them every chance close to end off season now so will see what comes up in summer if a decent chance comes up i feel i will have to go but would like a chance with them if they had no debt.

Also that big 5 month period in the middle off the season thad i holidayed took my hands on approach rating right down which is abit stupid really as who is not going to holiday that sort off period.

ab.png

Akademisk Boldklub

2013-2014 End Off Season Review

League

Well overall the league season was maybe how i expected it to go i always think i need at least a season to find out the whos,whats and ways are best to play and compete in a league and it turned out to be a pretty boring season was never in trouble but at same time we never had a chance or even one eye on gaining promotion, First half off the season was alot better and more enjoyable as the results were very tight and always kept me guessing and as seen i found myself 4th up to the halfway point but the 5month break is just stupid and after the break not adding any players to what i already had done the results were alot more one way in the games rather than 2-1 either way it was more 3 or 4 nil for and against which is reason for goal difference being alot closer than i would have liked abit like my first season at Frigg i conceaded far too many. Overall season was a decent one i finished higher than predicted and expected to limp home in 5th.

abtable2014.jpg

Cup

I reached my target off the 3rd round but the team i ended losing against was a side who was relegated from my division but in one off games anything happens and i ended losing 4-2.

Transfers

Overall the players i managed to bring in was off a decent calibre the likes off della valle and Porritt ( who for me was signing off the season did very well) and my biggest signing was off for Aston Villa and West Brom player Martin albrachtsen who at 33 years old still did a very good job.

Team

Side was very small but i was lucky with injuries so the small squad was ok over the season but because off wage budget and debt i was restricted to bring in alot over the season. Here is side and stats at end off season.

abtable2014.jpg

Debt Update

The debt over the second half off the season rose to 4mil and only getting 350k for finishing 5th in the league as dropped to 3.65mil but unless i get a decent takeover it is going to be impossible to work with i am going to wait for budget and if wage busget has dropped i think i will resign and look elsewhere.

FC Volendam

Season Preview 2014-2015 Jupiler League

Volendam.jpg

History

Football Club Volendam was founded as Victoria on June 1, 1920 by local fishermen. By 1923, the club had already been renamed to its most famous denomination. In 1977 RKSV Volendam split up in RKSV (non-pro) en FC Volendam (pro), this situation is still actual today.

Team

Side as a whole look decent and a promotion push with a few more players is a very good prospect.

Stadium

Name: Kras stadion

Capacity: 6250

Stadium is small for this level so not alot off money to be made from it if promotion is achieved i will be asking to expand.

Jupiler Legue: I want promotion

Dannish Cup: 3nd Round

Media Prediction: 4th

Wage Budget: £40k

Transfer Budget: £675k

Kit Sponsorship: £765k per year (5 year)

At leas you have money.

Very true a much better wage budget here in Holland and have cash to spend although still only bought in frees, wierdly although having a bad start i find myself with a wierd chances off already making there playoffs as the wierd league structure they have here if you come top off one off the 4 periods you auto get a playoff spot even tho i sit 10th right now.

This has really inspired me to give this a real go! Eve year i set out with the good intentions of having my management career start the 'proper' way of working at the bottom and really earning my stripes but i can never find the motivation but this year i am really gonna try my best and go for it!!

Thanks,

Ben

This has really inspired me to give this a real go! Eve year i set out with the good intentions of having my management career start the 'proper' way of working at the bottom and really earning my stripes but i can never find the motivation but this year i am really gonna try my best and go for it!!

Thanks,

Ben

Good luck Ben i was the same before this career got started just try your best to get intrested in a career i find the best games are journeyman career games.

Archived