[FM2012] Koflok's Goals Galore 2012

Hey guys... It's been a while. After a relatively successful FM11 tactic with over 100,000 downloads , now I'm back.

GOALS GALORE 2012

Just a little heads up. This is not a Barcelona tactic. It won't give you 100 pass on midfielders. It won't give you constant 70% possession.

The main focus in this tactic is to attack as a unit, creating plenty of clear cut chances and if you're lucky : score some friggin goals. I'm fine in having ~50% possession as long as I create at least 3-5 CCC in every game.

So, if you're looking to 'control' like Barca, look elsewhere, but if you want to score like Barca, this may be the right place to look.

The Formation

Same as last year's, it's a 4-1-2-2-1 / 4-3-3 / 4-5-1 / whatever formation you want to call it.

frmasi.th.jpg

The Play

I have to say this tactic is the best tactic I've created. I've finally been able to make the team play beautiful, create a lot of chances, score goals, and defend well.

The defense of this tactic is Barca-like. The back four pushes up the d-line with offside trap on with the whole team pressing the opponent from the front.

The main thing is to win the ball as further up the field as possible and try to launch a quick counter.

Since you're using high d-line, pacy (minimum 12 accel) would be nice just to keep it safe.

Midfields are in charge as transition and control. They drop deep when the defender gets the ball. And when the ball is on opponent's half they will push up just outside the penalty area, looking for through ball opportunities.

With fullbacks bombing forward, you will find yourself outnumbering the opponent and got at least one or two frontman in free space.

The two MCswill interchange with one and another, usually one arriving late in the area to snatch up goals from open spaces.

The wingers are the destroyer. As n he will turn your opponent's defense inside out. He will take on defenders cutting inside, dragging defenders and most of the time slide a through ball to the striker who's unmarked. They also serve as goal scoring threat as the opposite wingers can feed a diagonal pass to other pass or from the midfield and striker.

The Striker is your main man. He's gotta be quick, flair, has good balance, and a good finisher. He will be the end of most passes. Expect him to run with the ball from a deeper area and score wonder goals as well.

That's why you need a very good striker in this tactic. Someone like Hulk, Loic Remy, Sturridge would be great.

The striker also serve as a dummy sometimes, going into the channels dragging the central defenders, allowing the wingers to cut inside and get a go to the goal themselves.

Basically with this tactic, when defense the whole team is on full pressing mode and when they're attacking, everyone have their role and at the same time attacking as a unit.

You can see the front 3 has been working magic. In any team I tested. Expect at least 5 CCC per game if your team gets it right

P.S. Despite playing quick tempo, the chances made are CCCs not just rushing football.

I actually managed to stop long shot completely with some tweaks (yes, more than just long shot set to rarely), unlike most people who fails to.

The team averagely have 20+ shots/game and usually at max it's only 2 long shots.

The Result

Tested with Arsenal and Napoli (see #2 post)

arsetable.th.jpg

The main striker in particular, in this case Hulk, has been really good.

arsehulk.th.jpg

This shows the distribution of goals and assist in the team. Everyone has its function.

arsetea.th.jpg

The Players

Goalkeeper : well you should know this by now.

Central defender (left) : Your speedy defender. Usually will be put up against opponent's poacher.

Recommended Attributes :Marking, Tackling, Pace, Anticipation, Concentration

Central defender (right): Your tower defender. Your threat on set pieces

Recommended Attributes : Jumping, Heading, Marking, Tackling, Anticipation, Positioning

Full backs : Supporting fullbacks who will roam forward on attacks. Providing width as your wingers cut inside. Need to be quick to go back when countered and cover speedy wingers.

Recommended Attributes : Acceleration, Pace, Marking, Tackling, Crossing, Work Rate

Defensive midfield : Acting as an anchor man. Breaking up attack before it reaches your final line. Initiating quick counter attacks whenever possible

Recommended Attributes : Tackling, Work Rate, Stamina, Anticipation, Heading, Strength

Central Midfielder (left) : Deep lying playmaker. Dictates the tempo of the game. Providing quick forward passes or slow down the tempo and control the midfield. Think Xavi.

Recommended Attributes : Passing, Creativity, Decision, Teamwork, Composure

Central Midfielder (right) : Your main playmaker. Dragging out defenders, links up with the front three and providing killer balls. Your Iniesta.

Recommended Attributes : Dribbling, Creativity, Passing, Flair, Teamwork, Decision, Agility

Wingers : Inside forward (yes, right footed on left wing and, if possible, vice versa). Second most important players in the team. The main assist-or in the team. Look to cut inside and provide through balls to striker and acting as a goal threat when the other winger is cutting inside.

Recommended Attributes : Dribbling, Acceleration, Flair, Passing, Agility, Creativity. Finishing is a plus.

Striker : Your main man. The most important player in the team. He can single-highhandedly win you games. Either through predatory instincts looking for through balls, providing diagonal assist to running inside forwards, or dribble by himself and destroy the defense. Hulk (or Messi) is a perfect example for this

Recommended Attributes : Finishing, Dribbling, Flair, Acceleration, Agility, Pace, Off the Ball, Anticipation, Composure. Strength and Balance is a BIG plus.

Additional : train them to place shot

Match Preparation and Training

It is recommended to start using the tactic from the beginning of the season. That way the team has the whole pre-season time to get in gel with the tactic.

Match Preparation

In Pre Season : When your team got new player(s), put focus training on Teamwork on high duty. When your team got no new player, put focus training on noneon average duty. This speeds up team getting used to the tactic

During Season : Put focus training on Teamwork on average duty.

Usually it takes ~2-3 months before all boxes become fluid. That's where your team is gonna play some good football with the tactic and the results will come.

For Individual Training :

Striker and Wingers : Train to 'Place Shot'

For anyone who have PPM 'Shoots from Distance', train them to stop doing it.

Central midfielders : If they have 'Dribbles with ball often', make them stop. AND Train them to 'Try killer balls often'.

FAQ

Q: I can't find left footed right winger!! What should I do?

A: True! Finding a left footed AMR is tough nowadays. The perfect player would probably be Robben or Silva. However, if you can't get your hand of any of these type of player, you can just put a striker who can play on AMR, either right or left footed. The main thing is he has to have good dribbling and speed, finishing is a big plus.

The difference is that instead of cutting inside more often, he tends to moves into channel and shot the ball diagonally. So, if the player got 'Place Shot', he will scores plenty of goals.

Q: What pitch size?

A: I think it was maximum.

Q: Do you use any 'away' tactic? Opposition Instruction?

A: No, up until now I don't.

One think in my mind is to create a variation for against teams who parks the bus. Teams tend to do that after you gain some success as you've become the favorite (people tend to think this as AI crack you tactic or second-season syndrome). Again, maybe in the future.

But feel free if you have any settings that improve this tactic. Just post it here so that we can try it out. Someone did post an OI setting for the tactic and it works really well defensively. I gave him the credit for that OI settings

Q: Why am i losing/draw in my first 3 games? I need win now!!1!

A: I don't promise instant win. You need time to make the team get used to the tactic. Make sure the adaptability is at least on 'Accomplished' before you can really see how the team plays.

Q: Should I read this part in the future?

A: Yes there might be additional information in the future. As I always do with the OP, I always update stuff from you guys as soon as I get any good input.

Download Goals Galore 2012 (v3) Updated @ 8 December 2011

If you want the original tactic you can always find it here Original version or BETA 2

So there you guys. As always I hope it will bring you good results. I'll be waiting for you feedback.

And please do play around with the tactic, if you're comfortable with it. You might find some settings that will bring better results offensive and defensive-wise.

Enjoy.

0 to BETA 2

Team:

*Push up D-Line

*Offside trap : on

*Improved corners and free kicks : setting far post for DCR to head, put corner taker on 'Forward' duty.

*Better defense against set pieces

*Throw in tweaked

Goalkeeper:

*Defender distribution

Defenders + DMC

*Shorter passing style

*Higher pressing

Fullbacks

*Run From Deep : Often

*Run With Ball : Mixed

*Tackling : Easy

*Tight marking : On

Midfielders

*Higher pressing

Wingers

*More direct passing

(You can try to RWB Often as well)

Striker

*none

(You can try TTB to sometimes if you want)

Result with Napoli

tablenap.th.jpg

The Striker Cavani

cavanid.th.jpg

Team Goals & Assist

napolisquad.th.jpg

What type of team mentality do you have and do you play narrow or wide?

As always it's attacking. But surprinsingly it has good defense in this FM. 13 out of 17 games are clean sheet.

The formation itself is wide since it uses wingers, but the team instruction is to go narrow.

That way the winger can provide goal scoring threat like a striker

what do you do when you're leading or loosing?

For now I just keep it that way.

Logically it's pretty simple you should know what to do. When you lead, lower the mentality to standard/control, change the role of fullback to defend, and maybe pull AMRL back to MRL

When you loosing, mentality to overload/

For these two games I did it right from pre-season friendlies. Fully on. That way by the time season starts, the familiarity is already 75% full.

I did the initial tactic development in other games. Found it halfway through the season.

Are there any tweaks for the tactic yet ?

I'm working on some minor full back settings.

As well as trying out different combinations of width and tempo.

So far it seems like wide is actually even better as it stretch the opponent.

I'm working on an effective corner routine as well.

SO yeah an update might be coming, but not in near future.

I need some reviews on this one first though so that I know what areas can be improved.

+++

As for tweaks. I don't tweak much since I intended this tactic to be as plug and play as possible.

If you want you can play around with the d-line, the better your defense is you might be able to push up.

Yes pretty much. But I'm still observing the effect on wingers. I'm afraid by going wider the wingers wouldn't be as dangerous in scoring.

I'll give an update when I'm done with it.

Tempo currently is still on quick. Gonna try the slow after this.

The fullbacks are currently to stagnant and not as dangerous as I want them to be.

I'll probably encourage them to dribble more so that they won't stuck and just pump the ball up when get pressured.

and some defensive tweaks

Used this for my West Ham save and i have managed it has got me promotion to the Premier League as champions. I also ended the season with the most goals scored. Will try it on my 2nd season and let you know how i get on. Good job!

One of the biggest problems Ive had in FM has been the inability to turn full backs into attacking threats like Maicon/Dani Alves/Srna (In real life). Very hard to do so.

True. Though I changed run with ball to sometimes helps a bit. But they're still nowhere as dangerous as attacking fullback irl.

Used this for my West Ham save and i have managed it has got me promotion to the Premier League as champions. I also ended the season with the most goals scored. Will try it on my 2nd season and let you know how i get on. Good job!

Awesome. Hopefully you'll do well in Premier League.

Some screenies wouldn't hurt.

___

Anyhow guys. A little update.

I'm kinda stuck right now. I'm happy as it is, but something minor bothers me.

I'm not targetting 100 short passes for my midfields, I just want the midfield to control the game more. I can increase the possession but it would sacrifice the amount of CCCs.

What should i do?

All shorter passing? Not enough penetration balls

Decrease the through balls? Same as above. They just pass it between them.

Hold up ball? Slower tempo?

Another thing is the fullbacks doesn't really short pass too well sometimes. This happens when team pressures them.

They panic and just pump the ball up forward.

I want them to slowly build up the pass to midfield.

Any input on this as well?

Cheers.

Yep true. I know it's looking good and all having high possession and I admire that a lot as Barcelona fan myself. But in FM I don't see the point of passing the ball around in not-dangerous area just to improve the statistics. Only one or two slicing through balls are created.

You have to take more risk in attacking football which hopefully turns into

Anyhow currently I'm tweaking some stuffs. Thought I just gonna let you guys know a little update.

First is regarding the fullback. It was a 'problem' in the tactic. The were stagnant and freaked out when pressured and just pump the ball upfield.

What I did to them now is allowing them to run with ball (at sometimes), and make them hold up ball.

Being the start of the attack I think it's better for them to keep possession while dragging opposition in before unleashing it to midfielder.

Secondly is the mentality of the team. I changed from 'fluid' to 'balanced'.

I know it seems lame but it actually make the flow better. There are now (litte) gaps between position and my 2 midfielders are not that much apart now.

I let my MCR (playmaker) to roam from position. He's brilliant doing that so far. More chances are created.

Regarding the creative force. Final assists have always come from the wingers or the striker itself to wingers. Therefore I think I'm gonna keep them at always through ball. Same goes to my playmaker.

The MCL is more of a tempo dictator. Currently it's on always through ball. Should I change it to sometimes instead?

I've made other little tweaks here and there of course. And regarding width - tempo.

I'm sticking with narrow to allow my wingers becoming scoring threat.

As for tempo, currently it's still on quick. However I'm playing around with it right now.

Cheers

__

not many tester here huh. Never been able to break into this forum unlike in FM-Base :D

Oh well I'm thankful those who tests this out and giving me inputs so far. Much appreciated guys

Im alternating between this and a 4-2-3-1 which Ive made myself, so Ill keep you posted. Ive noticed you open up teams well in this, but defensively Im far more vulnerable, but this is based on a couple of second halves were Ive changed to this. Ill need to analyze it more and give you feedback.

I have been trying out this tactic and haven't success with it. The only two problems I have had are conceding a lot of goals from set pieces, I heard there was a bug with this though? The other problem is creating lots of chances but not converting as many as I would like, this could however be down to the players which I have. Keep up the good work. :D

Im alternating between this and a 4-2-3-1 which Ive made myself, so Ill keep you posted. Ive noticed you open up teams well in this, but defensively Im far more vulnerable, but this is based on a couple of second halves were Ive changed to this. Ill need to analyze it more and give you feedback.

Cool. I always recommend people to use their own tactic whenever possible.

If they decide to use mine, I hope at least it'll give them something useful.

Thanks man. Keep them coming :D

Hi I play a similar formation not the same somewhere in between this and the "ordinary tactic"

I use the corner routine below and have just won the league with blackburn. 1st season.

See corner routine below.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/282131-The-Mullin-Corner-Routine-Very-Successful?p=7222412#post7222412

Thanks for the share.

Weird I'm having tough luck with it. My corner taker tends to give the ball not high enough and my striker can't head it.

Imma try a couple more games with it.

any OI needed?

No so far no.

I have been working on a next version of the tactic based on the inputs I got here and over at FM-Base

It's actually going well.

I need more inputs. If anyone is willing to try the current version that would be great. It'll help on the update for which areas I need to improve.

A sneak peak

arsenalmatch.th.jpg

arsenalpassd.th.jpg

Need some inputs on these stuffs:

Couple of things I need to figure out.

1. Thinking about make the d-line more push up. That way more possession is played upfront instead of way back. Is it true?

2. One thing I'm not sure is to whether let the fullback hold up the ball. It's one of the soultion I made to make them not rushing things by playing long ball. I want them to build up from the back.

It's doing well but something doesn't feel right with that settings. What do you guys think?

3. And hold up ball currently is for DMC and MCL. I dunno whether I should give to which one, or both of them.

FYI, DMC's role in attack is to provide option for fullback and just feed the ball to MCL/MCR. Keeping it simple.

While MCL is an option of pass as well, but he decide whether initiates the attack and giving it to the playmaker or just play it around in the midfield for a little bit.

Based on their role, which one should have the hold up ball?

4. The front 3 is doing really well as usual. Destroying defense on a regular basis.

But I would like to see more passing. Confused whether I should decreased their run with ball.

Should I?

Hey guys I know it's not much here but the download count over at FM-Base has been well over 5,000 since the release 4 days ago and Ive gotten a lot of positive inputs and suggestions. So thanks

I've been working to improve the tactic. So far it's doing well

I'm averaging 55~60% of possession. Constantly having minimum 5 CCCs per game. In some I got like 9s and 10s.

As well as scoring 3.5 goals/game.

And also my striker scores 16 goals, assists 8 in 10 games. The attacking units are working really well.

But it's not quite there yet. I don't want to rush thing and just release it publicly.

I want to have a BETA test. To a group of people who can give me feedback on the current tactic.

If you are interested just post here. I'll PM you the link

Note that I'm looking for those who are wiling to tweak and observe the game. Not just expecting the results and such.

That way I know which areas are working well and which ones can be improved.

Thanks

Hiya mate, I started using this tactic when I was struggling a bit with Liverpool. I ended up the season in third place, dropping out of the title challenge due to a difficult run of fixtures at the end of the season. I was well chuffed :)

Coates and Otamendi at centre-half, Gerrard, Lucas and Yttergard Jenssen at centre-mid, Suarez, Gaitan and Hulk upfront.

I'm not much of a tactics man, infact I find it tedious and frustrating so I tend to keep things dead simple (hence the struggling). So i'm always glad when I find a tactic i'm happy with... and that tactic is yours at the moment!

Thanks for the efforts, and keep up the good work!

Hiya mate, I started using this tactic when I was struggling a bit with Liverpool. I ended up the season in third place, dropping out of the title challenge due to a difficult run of fixtures at the end of the season. I was well chuffed :)

Coates and Otamendi at centre-half, Gerrard, Lucas and Yttergard Jenssen at centre-mid, Suarez, Gaitan and Hulk upfront.

I'm not much of a tactics man, infact I find it tedious and frustrating so I tend to keep things dead simple (hence the struggling). So i'm always glad when I find a tactic i'm happy with... and that tactic is yours at the moment!

Thanks for the efforts, and keep up the good work!

Cheers. Glad it's working out for ya. Although I'd recommend simple tweakings, but I've made the tactic as plug n play as possible so yeah it would work like in your case.

An update is coming, by the way.

I've tweaked a lot of stuff mainly to improve possession, reduce stupid long balls from the back, more dangerous set pieces, and better ball movement from the midfield.

So watch this space. It should be ready by the end of this week :)

Hey guys the updated version is out!

Massive improvements based on feedbacks I got

Download Goals Galore 2012 (BETA 2) Updated @ 4 November 2011

If you want the original tactic you can always find it here Original version

For those who can't download from fm-base, you can either download the original one which I've uploaded via mediafire or PM me.

There's really no such thing as tactic getting used to a tactic or usually known as cracked.

They just react to how your team is going at the moment. So if you're winning much they tend to play defensively against you.

Just like in real life. You don't see many teams go up against Barca with attacking sense.

Anyway, most of the times teams tend to park the bus which create the effect of being getting used to.

In such cases, I never actually change a lot on my tactic. It has been working just as good as I always motivate my player and keeping them fresh.

But on the top of my head; slowing down the tempo against all-defensive team seems to be right.

The team will take time in breaking down those walls of defense.

oh yeah changelog posted by the way

0 to BETA 2

Team:

*Push up D-Line

*Offside trap : on

*Improved corners and free kicks : setting far post for DCR to head, put corner taker on 'Forward' duty.

*Better defense against set pieces

*Throw in tweaked

Goalkeeper:

*Defender distribution

Defenders + DMC

*Shorter passing style

*Higher pressing

Fullbacks

*Run From Deep : Often

*Run With Ball : Mixed

*Tackling : Easy

*Tight marking : On

Midfielders

*Higher pressing

Wingers

*More direct passing

(You can try to RWB Often as well)

Striker

*none

(You can try TTB to sometimes if you want)

ITS UPDATED GUYS!!!!

The Formation

Same as last year's, it's a 4-1-2-2-1 / 4-3-3 / 4-5-1 / whatever formation you want to call it.

frmasi.jpg

The Play

I have to say this tactic is the best tactic I've created. I've finally been able to make the team play beautiful, create a lot of chances, score goals, and defend well.

The defense of this tactic is Barca-like. The back four pushes up the d-line with offside trap on with the whole team pressing the opponent from the front.

The main thing is to win the ball as further up the field as possible and try to launch a quick counter.

Since you're using high d-line, pacy (minimum 12 accel) would be nice just to keep it safe.

Midfields are in charge as transition and control. They drop deep when the defender gets the ball. And when the ball is on opponent's half they will push up just outside the penalty area, looking for through ball opportunities.

With fullbacks bombing forward, you will find yourself outnumbering the opponent and got at least one or two frontman in free space.

The two MCswill interchange with one and another, usually one arriving late in the area to snatch up goals from open spaces.

The wingers are the destroyer. As n he will turn your opponent's defense inside out. He will take on defenders cutting inside, dragging defenders and most of the time slide a through ball to the striker who's unmarked. They also serve as goal scoring threat as the opposite wingers can feed a diagonal pass to other pass or from the midfield and striker.

The Striker is your main man. He's gotta be quick, flair, has good balance, and a good finisher. He will be the end of most passes. Expect him to run with the ball from a deeper area and score wonder goals as well.

That's why you need a very good striker in this tactic. Someone like Hulk, Loic Remy, Sturridge would be great.

The striker also serve as a dummy sometimes, going into the channels dragging the central defenders, allowing the wingers to cut inside and get a go to the goal themselves.

Basically with this tactic, when defense the whole team is on full pressing mode and when they're attacking, everyone have their role and at the same time attacking as a unit.

You can see the front 3 has been working magic. In any team I tested. Expect at least 5 CCC per game if your team gets it right

Woah you noticed the picture. Good eye!

Nah it hasn't been uploaded yet. There won't probably a BETA3. Next update will be full version.

For now you can use BETA2 + these settings

MCL -> run from deep -> mixed (from rarely)

AMRL -> run with ball -> often (from mixed)

AMRL -> cross from -> byline

EDIT : MCL settings was wrong

Good stuff. Thanks for trying it out.

Just to be sure, sure it takes a while before the tactic kicks in. Especially if you implement halfway through the season.

The match prep should be at least on 'accomplished' before your team starts playing well, usually.

I've tested it with Napoli, Leeds, Arsenal, a little of Bayern and Barca in my online game.

With Barca I won 7-1 against my firiend who's playing Arsenal with Messi scoring 5 goals by the way.

Currently the d line is high. I don't think high defensive line works well with no offside.

I don't know though I may be wrong.

hello mate

you said

MCL -> run from deep -> often (from mixed)

but in beta2 the left midfielder has "rarely" run from deep instead of "mixed"

are you maybe referring to the MCR?

thanks in advance

Yea my bad, it's suppose to be mixed.

Just fixed the post haha.

What kind of stats do the FBs get in terms of goals/assists?

FB doesn't really score goals. Assist only few.

I don't intend to make them as the final passer as it means there would be lots of crossing.

I just push them upfield to make more men in midfield during build up play. As well as making them having lots of forward, overlapping runs as distraction for opponent's fullback.

With that, and winger cutting inside, this creates two versus one situation which allows the opponent's defence to be out of position and create space for the attackers.

Woah you noticed the picture. Good eye!

Nah it hasn't been uploaded yet. There won't probably a BETA3. Next update will be full version.

MCL -> run from deep -> mixed (from rarely)

AMRL -> run with ball -> often (from mixed)

AMRL -> cross from -> byline

EDIT : MCL settings was wrong

so you recommendet to chance this settings for beta2 version?

so you recommendet to chance this settings for beta2 version?

Yes, as of now it is.

I'm trying with cross ball to often for fullback as well.

Not sure if it'll do well.

But I'm trying to make the fullback to cross more when there's open spaces.

koflok i wonder wether tackling is a required attribute for the left central midfielder as i´m not sure about how much he is involved in defensive play. in the OP, you don´t mention tackling as needed for the MCL so shouldn´t we pay attention to that attribute when looking for suitable players for that role? thanks!

Well the defense mechanism of the tactic is like Barca. So every player presses the opponent trying to win the ball up high in their field.

This includes the left midfielder.

But don't think so. the DLP in my tactic has been tweaked, so it's not really the usual default DLP.

The main job for DLP in this tactic is to keep possession, recycling the ball and connecting the midfield and backline. Mainly orchestrating from deeper areas.

So while tackling might be useful, it's not necessarily a 'must have' attribute.

However the whole midfield and forwards uses hard tackling, even with low tackling players I've never actually gotten a lot of red cards. Almost never, really.

uhm i see. in other terms, what would you choose? a player with 18 passing and creativity, 15 decision, 15 teamwork 16 composure and 4 tackling or a player with 15 in all the attributes required and also 15 tackling?

Tough choice. Depends on your team I think.

If you got a stronger team, the first choice with high passing and creativity would be better.

If you're the underdog, the all around midfielder is better. Just for a little reassurance at defense. His passing and creativity isn't too bad either.

Archived