San Marino "Double" Challenge 2011

No sign of it this year from Ter (who gets all credit and gratitude for this challenge), so I decided to put it up myself if anyone wants a crack. For me, it's going to be my last non-signup game before FM12.

The San Marino Double Challenge Returns for FM 2011

It's back again and it's pretty simple. Well, the idea is anyway.

You have one of two choices:

Easy: Take the San Marino club team from the lower Italian leagues to Serie A glory. The second part is to get cracking with the international side and firstly try and get them to qualify for a major tournament. If you get that far then why not go on and try and win one!

Hard: Take over a club in San Marino itself, and lead them firstly to domestic success, and then European success. During this time, crack on with the international side as above. For extra plaudits, do all this AND take San Marino Calcio to Serie A glory. You can pick any club from the first season - this is not a small-big club challenge per-say, so taking the bottom side is not obligatory.

Setting Up Your Game

Leagues: Italy, San Marino

Lowest Divisions: Serie C2 (Italy), Campionato Sammarinese (SM)

Database Size: User Choice

Retain Players from Nation: San Marino

'>Download the San Marinese league here, with thanks to BurnCm4X.

Rules

As before, this is just a fun challenge to see how we all get on. If you are going to cheat then that is up to you but please don't come on the forums and boast about your achievements if you have cheated. I'd generally advise you to follow 'the dafuge rules'.

I like this challenge. I now play with Tre Penne in the sammarinese league. The thing is that you get too much prize money in the Trofeo Federale. You better check if this is fixed in the latest download.

Beside this, it's great to play in San Marino. Good luck to every one who tries it out.

I always fancied having a go at something like this and think I may once I complete my current challenge. I am sure there was someone who popped up in the careers forum with a game where they won the champions league with a team from San Marino they seemed to have a load of cash.

I always fancied having a go at something like this and think I may once I complete my current challenge. I am sure there was someone who popped up in the careers forum with a game where they won the champions league with a team from San Marino they seemed to have a load of cash.

Yeah it was Tony Hawker, he said that once all the teams in the league turned professional every club was given £100 million in TV money I think so he stopped playing cause it took away a bit of realism

Having completed Dafuge's Challenge and become the greatest manager of all time with Hednesford Town and Spain, I've decided to give this a go, (the easy version), and ideally pick up the 'Italian hero' Steam achivement for getting a C2 team to Serie A.

First of all I tried taking over the national team, and caused a vacancy at the club side in the hope that they'd give me the job, but they made Ceredi the Caretaker manager and eventually gave him the job after he won the first 3 matches of the season.

In the meantime I applied my International experience with Spain to the national side. Of course i knew that I wouldn't immediately be able to repeat my Euro Championship / Confederations Cup / World Cup level of success to San Marino. It took me 8 years with Spain to get the World Cup icing on the cake, so I thought I should allow myself a few extra years with SM.

My 3 matches were

SM 0 Canada 6

ECQ SM 0 Holland 13

ECQ SM0 Sweden 10

and then, as I say, afer all that, the club side didn't think that I was the man for them, and gave the job to Caredi. Mindboggling.

So, I'll start off with the club side and hopefully get the national job later on. I've made San Marinese my second nationality and given myself an international Footballer past to hopefully facilitate that.

However, given my experience with Aldo 'Mr Floppy' Simoncini in goal, and the fact that Mirko 'could have played for Italy' Palazzi has retired from international football at 24, I'm not sure I'm in any particular hurry.

With regards to the prize money problem there is this http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/232938-San-Marino-Campionato-Sammarinese-Coppa-Titano-Trofeo-Federale-Youth-League that has apparently sorted the problem.

Also i plan on having a blast at this challenge too.

Cracking, cheers Wes. I'll put that link in the OP.

Good luck to all those who have started so far! Going to get going myself very shortly.

@vikeologist - No idea how the club rejected you after a start like that!

Archived