Withdrawn From Squad

I withdraw a selection of my players for a friendly 4 days before the start of the season knowing that my players would not be fit for an important game. However every international squad since they have not been called up despite some of them being top international players. When I go on their profile it says withdrawn from international squad but I cannot find a way to change this can anyone help?

are they working on it for this years game or for FM12?

ive got 3 players who have 'withdrawn from international duty' on their info screen for over 12 months now. If its the case that they can never play international football again, im at a loss as to how that could have been missed in testing the patch. Its really poor.

FIFA allow them to be withdrawn for friendlies.

this is such a basic error, puts me off playing it

no they do not, what there is, is an agreement between the club and international managers that if a player is not quite fit the international manager will not select him, if your player is fit and called for international duty he must go.

IRL what really happens is that the players fake injuries so they can miss this sort of matches.

exactly, there are many ways they get around having to play friendly matches, but you cannot withdraw your fit player because you dont want to risk him, you can ask the international manager if its ok but you cannot make the choice. I believe the english FA are away to take a much tougher stance on this rule and will have the power to ban any player who they find has withdrawn from an international squad when fit and then playing for his club i think within ten days.

Along with this swapping positions is buggy as hell, and my goalkeeper who is one of the top goalkeepers in the world has scored 5 own goals and I am only at the midway point of the season. SI 11.3.1 should be your priority not FM12 this is farcical. I wouldnt mind so much if I could use FMRTE or something of that ilk to fix it but effectively I have destroyed Jack Wilshere, Cesc Fabregas and Robin Van Persie's international careers. SORTITOUTSI.

The withdrawl is a necessary feature in some leagues.

Example: If you play as Toronto FC in MLS, Canada always has a friendly on the day of or around the MLS League Final. Given Toronto FC has to use a lot of Canadians to be competitive (international limits), it can more or less ruin a season if half your team gets called on the day of the final match!

However, as a result, I've single handedly ended the international careers of most my major players (and torpedoed what remote chances Canada had on the International stage).

The withdrawl is a necessary feature in some leagues.

Example: If you play as Toronto FC in MLS, Canada always has a friendly on the day of or around the MLS League Final. Given Toronto FC has to use a lot of Canadians to be competitive (international limits), it can more or less ruin a season if half your team gets called on the day of the final match!

However, as a result, I've single handedly ended the international careers of most my major players (and torpedoed what remote chances Canada had on the International stage).

x42bn6 posted this link in a thread below

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/259077-International-Withdrawals

there is a fix of sorts in there

It works, too. Had 10 or so players called up around the time I was playing the Eastern Conference Final with TFC. Withdrew the players that were in my gameday squad and the very same day saw a thread discussing this problem. Fixed it with FMRTE and everything's good to go now.

Archived