B.W.G's European Expedition

B.W.G

First of all, apologies about my last thread - none of the Saves (including backups) would load and I have no idea why this happened.

This save will be a European journeyman career which I will be going all out on. The setup is as follows : -

Nation           Lowest Division

Belgium          3rd Division
Czech Republic   2nd Division
Denmark          2nd Division
England          Blue Square N/S
France           CFA
Germany          3rd Division
Greece           National B Division
Iceland          1st Division
Italy            Serie C2
Holland          Eerste Divisie
N.Ireland        2nd Division
Norway           2nd Division
Portugal         2nd Division
R.O Ireland      1st Division
Russia           1st Division
Scotland         3rd Division
Slovakia         2nd Division
Spain            Liga Adelante
Sweden           2nd Division
Ukraine          1st League
Wales            Cymru Alliance/Welsh League Div 1

Patch     : 11.2.1
Database  : Large
Game Start: July 2010 (England) 
Starting Rep: Sunday League Footballer

There is a large variety of leagues to choose from. I will go wherever a team wants me to manage.

There will be two reports done. One for end of pre-season and one for end of season

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honours

Wales
Flint Town
Welsh Premier League - Winners    - 2013/14
Cymru Alliance       - Winners    - 2011/12
Welsh Cup            - Runners Up - 2013/14
League Cup           - Winners    - 2012/13,2013/14

England
Gainsborough Trinity
Blue Square North    - Winners    - 2014/15
Blue Square Premier  - Runners Up - 2015/16

Norway
HamKam
1st Division         - Winners    - 2018
2nd Division Group 1 - Winners    - 2017
                      Runners up - 2016

Italy
Brescia
Serie B              - Winners - 2019/20

France
Lyon
Ligue 1              - Winners - 2021/22,2022/23
Champions League     - Winners - 2022,2023
French Cup           - Winners - 2021/22,2022/23
Coupe de la Ligue    - Winners - 2021/22,2022/23
Champions Trophy     - Winners - 2021/22,2022/23
Euro Super Cup       - Winners - 2022
Club World Cup       - Winners - 2022

Russia
World Cup            - Runners Up - 2022

Club Management

Season   Club          Nation    Division      Position   National Cup    Continental Cup    Notes
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11  Flint Town    Wales   Cymru Alliance    4th          N/A               N/A          Survival
2011/12  Flint Town    Wales   Cymru Alliance    1st          N/A               N/A          Won Pr.Playoff
2012/13  Flint Town    Wales   Welsh Premier     4th        Quarters            N/A          LC Winners
2013/14  Flint Town    Wales   Welsh Premier     1st       Runners-Up        2nd QL.Rnd      Domestic Double.
2014/15 Gainsborough  England  Blue Sq. North    1st        1st Round           N/A          Promotion
2015/16 Gainsborough  England  Blue Sq. Prem     2nd        1st Round           N/A          Playoff Winners!
2016/17 Gainsborough  England  League 2          8th*         N/A               N/A          Left 9/8/16
2016      HamKam      Norway   2nd Div. Grp 1    2nd        3rd Round**         N/A          Unbeaten in 16
2017      HamKam      Norway   2nd Div. Grp 1    1st        4th Round           N/A          Promotion.
2018      HamKam      Norway   1st Division      1st        4th Round           N/A          Promotion!
2018/19   Brescia     Italy    Serie B           4th       3rd QL.Rnd**         N/A          Playoff Semis.
2019/20   Brescia     Italy    Serie B           1st        Quarters            N/A          Promotion.
2020/21   Brescia     Italy    Serie A           6th        1st Round           N/A          E.C Qualification
2021/22    Lyon       France   Ligue 1           1st         Winners           Winners       Domestic Domination
2022/23    Lyon       France   Ligue 1           1st         Winners           Winners       Domination!!!

* - Left in that position
** - Already out of Competition when I took over

International Management

Period             Nation                    Honours
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019               Denmark u19               None
2019-2022          Russia                    WC 22 Runners-Up

The first offer I received was from Flint Town who play in the Cymru Alliance which is one of two 2nd tier divisions in Wales. With it being my 1st offer, I decided to accept it although they would not give more then a 1 year contract.

flint20logo.jpg

Flint Town United 2010/11

We are predicted for 12th place but the board wants us to avoid relegation. This should be doable although I will need to strengthen the current side to make sure.

The key players for Flint Town are Jon Kenworthy, John Davies and Darren Johnson. These three players are clearly the standout players so I need others to even out the squad but the problem is lack of interested players.

Also just before the season kicked off, Flint Town had a Takeover completed by a local businessman who just happened to be Italian!! We won the 1st game of the season which helped ensure my survival from the takeover as he wanted to replace me!

Thanks guys :thup:

To be fair, I was quite surprised with how many leagues my laptop could take, I think it was 80,000 players before it said I was at the recommendation limit so there should be more players with potential as well as more tripe to go through so it should make it more of a challenge to find the better players.

flint20logo.jpg

Flint Town United 2010/11

Transfers - I managed to strengthen the team slightly before the season started but not as much as I wanted. We were probably able to get more in the winter window as we were performing above expectations so more players were interested in coming. These signings were vital as we had an unbalanced team where we had really good players but rest of team were below average.

Competitions

Cymru Alliance - Table - Our goal was to avoid relegation and we did that by quite a bit although we never really challenged Connahs Quay even if we drew the 1st game and beat them in the return match which gives me my claim to fame that the champs never beat us. The season can be summed up in 4 stages.....average,terrible,brilliant,bad. We need to develop consistency if we want to challenge for the title. The most memorable victory was against 2 time Welsh Premier League champions, Rhyl. We ground out a 1-0 victory against the so called title favourites.

Stats and Awards

Jon Kenworthy was top scorer with 9 goals throughout the season. The 36 year old will be a player/coach for the new season as well as my 1st actual coach.

Craig Rush and Darren Johnson were joint top of the assist chart with 8 each.

Gareth Barton won Fans Player of the Year as he was the best by quite a distance and also chipped in with vital goals to help our cause, was a deserved award.

Best XI for the season looked like this.

Overview

Been given a 1 year exstension in which I hope by the time it runs out, I will be challenging for the title or there abouts again.

We won't need to make any major changes as it is just strengthening the weak areas which are DC and ST. I should be able to get someone in as we have been given a increased wage budget as I have picked a top half finish for the new season, so I must get that at all costs.

I did apply for the Rhyl job as the manager got sacked but I wasn't accpeted so my reputation is not that high yet as Rhyl are the top dogs as media predicts them to be 1st again. The new season should be slightly easier as Connahs Quay won the promotion playoff and a southern team was relegated from Welsh Prem so we won't have to deal with relegated side Newton.

Season   Club          Nation    Division      Position   National Cup    Continental Cup    Notes
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11  Flint Town    Wales   Cymru Alliance    4th          N/A               N/A          Survival

Thanks, I hope I can finish somewhere around that position again but managed to make my squad qute a bit stronger. I have also made a mistake, I will be playing Newton who were relegated so it could be quite a bit tougher then expected.

flint20logo.jpg

Flint Town United 2011/12 - Pre-Season

Expectations

Cymru Alliance - Top half finish

Budget

Transfer Budget - £0

Wage Budget - £1,300 p/w

Transfers - Deadwood out, better quality in. I hope to make progress and have much stronger depth then last season so I shouldn't suffer too much from injuries and suspensions.

Overview

This is more then achievable and I should be able to meet expectations if I can get the players to gel quickly. My strongest XI for this season looks like this. So with the depth we've got we should be able to make a push for imrpoving last seasons finishing position.

Also as it is Jon Kenworthy last season before he retires, I decided to make him captain and this was well met from the other members of the squad.

Key Players

Keith Thomas - Was signed from Rhos on a free, he was their top scorer last season hitting 11 goals. We now have a stronger squad then last season so I hope he can finish with a similar tally for us.

Adam Newbury - Signed on a free after failing to make the grade at Birmingham City. He is the one I will be looking to create chances and hopfully chip in with some goals as well.

Oulwasamni Odelusi - Signed on a free transfer after being released by Bolton. He has the pace which I will need and should be able to create chances from the wing as well as chip in with the odd goal.

The players above are all good enough to play in the Welsh Premier League so I was lucky to be able to get them.

Thomas finished joint top scorer for the season so was pleased with his performances although all the key players were outshone by another a player I signed.

End of season report to come sometime today.

flint20logo.jpg

Flint Town United 2011/12 - End of Season - Cymru Alliance

Final Transfers - All my dealings were done during pre-season so there isn't much to add as we didn't sign anyone else.

Competition

Cymru Alliance - Table - Promotion Playoff - My god that league was too close for my liking, just when I thought we would pull away, we messed up. The fact that going into the last game, four teams were still in the running to win the title. It was exciting finish as we won the league by a goal difference of 3. The promotion playoff was against Afan Lido who walked the Welsh League Division 1 as they finished with 71 points which was 8 ahead of 2nd place. In my surprise we outplayed them so was a well deserved win which saw us get promoted to the Welsh Premier League...WOOOOO!!!

Players,Awards and Stats

Keith Thomas and Davie Turnbull were joint top goal scorers for the club hitting 11 each.

Keith Thomas topped the assist chart with 8.

Joey Flood won Fans Player of the Year. He is the signing that outshone the key players I mentioned in the pre-season report. He was signed from fellow Cyrmu Alliance side Penrhyncoch, he averaged 7.56 over 30 games and won 7 man of the match awards, there was other good players but he was the best by quite a bit.

This was our best XI for the season. The overall best XI looks like this.

Overview

I was proud of the players with the way they performed throughout the season. Although it was too tight at times as it actually took till the last game of the season.

For the new season, I want to avoid relegation and if I can't, I want to at least beat Connah's Quay points total of 21 points. This should be achievable and I just want to avoid any mauling off the big boys.

Also I have been linked to jobs from teams in the Blue Square North as well as Scottish 3rd division teams so we will see what happens.

2011/12  Flint Town    Wales   Cymru Alliance    1st          N/A               N/A          Won Pr.Playoff

flint20logo.jpg

Flint Town United 2012/13 - Pre-Season

Transfers - Alot bought in because we needed the strength and better quality players to help ensure survival. Alot have gone as they were the among the worse players at the club and because I was quite a bit overspent on wages,they had to go to free up a bit of wage budget.

Expectations

Welsh Premier League - Battle against relegation

Welsh Cup - Reach 3rd Round

Loosemores League Cup - Learn from participation.

Budgets

Transfer Budget - £0

Wage Budget - £4,000 p/w

Overview

It's going to be a tough season but we should meet the expectations. The cups are simple as one is learning and the Welsh Cup is reaching the 3rd round which I think is what we enter at anyway. The league I am quite confident with survivng as when looking at other teams in the league, I feel anywhere between 2nd and 7th is achieveable but the media predicts me for 12th so I will go out to prove them wrong anyway.

Key Players

Adam Henley - Released by Blackburn, signed up by us. He is ranked as the best player at the club. Also a Welsh U21 defender so his experience will come in handy in desperate times.

Callum Tapping - Signed on a free after being released by Tottenham. He rejected Neath and TNS to come to us even though they are higher reputation clubs. He has pace and can pass a ball so he will be very useful during the season.

Michael McLellan - Ranked as our best striker, I have been chasing him for a year since Preston released him. He is rated as our strongest striker so I will be looking to him to put chances away.

Emyr Huws - Signed for us after being released by Man City. He rejected T.N.S, Port Vale and Berwick so was quite surprised we signed him. He can play in midfield and up front so his versatility will be useful.

On the plus side I'm not losing many, on the down side it's not exactly like I'm winning many either. I should be able to maintain the status but where I come is anyones guess at the moment. LLanelli are already 7 points ahead of 2nd (8 games played) so I'm guessing anywhere between 2nd and 12th :p

It is indeed although it can be a bit harsh at times as some chairman are very impatient.

A little mini update....I've met all expectations and I made into the top half before the split so we will be competing in the championship group.

I probably won't get a full update done till Sunday as I'm out all day tomorrow.

Thanks Biscotti,you expected noting less.....all I can say is I'm not sure I would want you as chairman though, you'd seem the type to sack me if I came 2nd :p

Sorry DSYoungEsq....I should have won the 2nd game of the season but we drew with Neath and I only had 3 goals ruled out, at least Prestatyn survived for now.

flint20logo.jpg

Flint Town United 2012/13 - End of Season

Final Transfers - A lot in and alot out. I let the players who are no longer good enough go and bought in supposedly better quality ones who I hope will make a difference. There will be quite a few seasons like this in the future if the Welsh League continues to improve.

Competitions

League - Table - Euro Playoff Semi-Final - Euro Playoff Final - A shocker of a season but in a good way, I was actually expecting 7th as I was better then the bottom 5 but nowhere near the quality of the top 2,if I can find a natural goal scorer then things will be easier in the league as my defence was solid hence all the draws. The Euro Playoff semi-final just proved what I already knew, that we are Neath's bogey team as this was our 6th game against each other and they have never beaten us.This also proved that we need to improve our finishing as we should have had it won in 90 minutes let alone extra time. The Final was more thrilling as it was a fairly even game, even if we did throw a 2 goal lead away. A 94th minute winner (Ferguson would be proud :p) gave us victory and meant we would play in Europe next season.

Welsh Cup - Quarter Finals - We beat West End in the 3rd round before defeating Neath in the 4th, as for this match....I don't want to talk about it as we were knocked out by a lower league team.

League Cup - Winners - I think that not really having any expectations in this competition actually helped, well that and kinder draws. We overcame Haverfordwest,Aberystwyth,Bala and then Neath in the final so we really did have a kind route. Although I am ecstatic at winning this competiton so I'm declaring it a miracle :p

Players,Stats and Awards

In a shocker, I won Manager of the Year.

Michael McLellan was our top scorer hitting 13 goals, too be honest I was kind of disappointed as he should have had more if it wasn't for a 24 hour goal drought.

Callum Reilley topped the assist chart with 9 assists.

Ryan Edwards won Fans Player of the Year. He was our rock this season and if it wasn't for him then we would have lost alot more then we did. He collected most man of the match awards with 7.

Overview

Now I've survived the 1st season, there are better quality players who are interested in joining. There is nothing going on with facilites as we cannot afford it.

All I want is to continue to improve or failing that, get a new job as I've been linked with jobs across the British Isle so it seems my rep is slowly improving.

Also I want us to at least make it through one round in the Euro Cup but that is dependant on the draw, I also want to challenge for the title as well as this will show significant improvement seeing as Llanelli ran away with the league.

2012/13  Flint Town    Wales   Welsh Premier     4th        Quarters            N/A          LC Winners

Regarding the Euro Cup, we've been drawn against Latvian side FK Jurmala-VV in the 1st round which is winnable. As for after that, whoever wins will have the pleasure of getting knocked out by AZ Alkmaar!!!

flint20logo.jpg

Flint Town United 2013/14 - Pre-Season

Transfers - Again, bought in better quality and got rid of the rubbish. This will continue as we get better, with these signings we should be able to challenge for title or at least narrow the points difference.

Expectations

Welsh Premier League - Respectable League Position

Euro Cup - Learn from the experience of participation

Welsh Cup - 4th Round

Welsh League Cup - Learn from the experience of participation.

Budgets

Transfer Budget - £0

Wage Budget - £5,616 p/w (Well over spent - Currently spending £7,229 p/w)

Overview

I will be looking at challenging for the title with some of the standard of players I've manged to get in as they are on par with Llanelli and T.N.S signings. The league this season is my priority as the standard of Welsh League as dropped to 399th from 272nd!!

I'm not really bothered by the cups as we should meet expectations with out too much trouble unless I get a really nast draw in the Welsh Cup that is.

We went out 5-1 on agg in the 2nd Qualifying Round in the Euro Cup to AZ Alkmaar, I have no complaints as it could have been 9 or 10 - 1 on agg as they dominated both legs. We did beat the Latvian side 4-3 on agg which was seen as a surprise by the media

Key Players

Chris Baines is our standout player for the season. He was released by Arsenal and was pleased we snapped him up. His versatility is essential as he can play anywhere in midfield as well as up front but he will mainly be playing in teh AMR position.

Neil Hart - Released from Hibs and is the best DC we have at the club at the moment so we will need him to be on his top form throughout the season to keep tight at the back.

Jason John - Released from Wolves and is now 1 of the new centre midfield pairing. Jason John will play the more defensive role of the two centre mids.

Anthony Hutchings - Released from Newcastle. He is the other player in the centre midfield. He will be the more attack minded as he is slightly better then Jason John from what I have seen in pre-season.

Max Argent - Released from Liverpool. He is our new AML in what is a whole new midfield for the season. He has the ability to last longer in games and is able to acelerate quicker which hopfully will put him in good positions to put a decent ball in the box.

Alan Murphy - Former Galway Utd,Derry City,Shamrock Rovers and Barrow hitman. He is our new striking hope and I will be looking to him to find the net more often then not as we have had striking problems in the previous seasons. The fact that we got him when other Blue Square Premier teams bid for him shows our reputation is on the up.

flint20logo.jpg

Flint Town United 2013/14 - End of Season

Final transfers - Continuing my trend of getting rid of rubbis and replacing with much better quality. With this, I had every ambition of challenging for the title.

Competitions

Welsh Premier League - Table - This just continues my pattern which is 4th,1st,4th and 1st. I was quite amazed with the run and the fact the new signings managed to gel quickly. We won the league with 4 games to spare so I rested a few of the better players who were exhausted to give others a chance which they didn't perform too badly either. With this league victory, Flint Town are hitting the Champions League.

Euro Cup - 2nd Qualifying Round - We were not expected to do anything so I was pleased of winning a tie in Europe. We won our 1st qualifying round match against Jurmala which was seen as a shock by the media. The tie against AZ, I am proud of it as we kept them to only 5 goals over 2 games and we even managed to score in the return leg.

Welsh Cup - Runners-Up - We won all games against premier league opposition. We get to a final against a lower league team which we should win but not only do we lose but we got dominated for large quantity of the game. Embarrassing is the only word I can think of!!!

League Cup - Winners - Once again the 3 full time sides didn't take this competition seriously so we took advantage of it, we were not to have any expectations in the competition but winning it for the 2nd time felt good. This is now our competition as teams we play poorly against in the league struggle against us in this competition.

Players,Stats and Awards

I won Manager of the Year

Alan Murphy was one of the Key Players for the season, he finished the top scorer hitting 20 goals. He was the Welsh Premier League Top Scorer and won Fans Player of the Year.

Max Argent was another I picked for Key Player and he met my expectations by topping the assist chart with 16 and also chipped in with 10 goals.

Overview

Not really much to say here, it was a brilliant season but my chairman has been a complete and utter ****, next season I will be not be at Flint Town as he refused to give me a new contract even though it my contract expired 30/06/14. This is the 1st time it has ever happened to me but for some daft reason, I have been kept on favoured personnel.

I have no idea where I will be next season but I only wish pain and misery on Flint Town :mad:

2013/14  Flint Town    Wales   Welsh Premier     1st       Runners-Up        2nd QL.Rnd      DOmestic Double.

My next possible destination could be Sweden as I've been linked to a job there in the 2nd Division NG, but I put being linked to that Welsh Premier League rep crashing down.

Only had to wait till 24th August when Gainsborough Trinity offered me the job which I decided to accpet.

dfs_wl_eng_gainsborough_trinity.gif

Blue Square North - 2014/15

Budgets

Transfer - £0

Wage - £3,500 p/w

Expectations

League - Respectable League Position

FA Cup - 1st Round

FA Trophy - 2nd Round

Overview

I have taken over the club while they lie in 18th Position. The good news is that there has been only 3 games of the season so there is a little bit of time for me to strengthen the side as I look to meet expectations. The downside is I have only been given a 1 year contract but that will probably be extended at the end of the year if I can be successful.

I've seen the major difference between Flint and Gainsborough. I seem to have more prolific attacking players.

WillRichardsonNews_Inbox-1.png

In 15 games, we have lost just 2 games. We have had a 7-0 victory and two 6-0 victories.

I've seen the major difference between Flint and Gainsborough. I seem to have more prolific attacking players.

WillRichardsonNews_Inbox-1.png

In 15 games, we have lost just 2 games. We have had a 7-0 victory and two 6-0 victories.

I read 'Richardson gets Gainsborough firing' as you getting fired! Haha. Great job so far!

dfs_wl_eng_gainsborough_trinity.gif

Blue Square North - 2014/15 - End of Season

Transfers -I bought in 2 new keepers as we didn't have any good keepers, 2new DC's as ours were only good for backup and 2 strikers which 1 was a first teamer and the other for backup purposes. This was to help push for a playoff place as the other positions were covered quite well.

Competitions

League - Table - We did remarkably well and it showed that the team were underachieving when I took over after 3 games. We set a new record for goals scored as well as we recorded three 6-0 victories against Southport (we finished with 10 men),Hednesford Town (we were down to 10 before we even scored!!) and Bury Town. We finally got into top position in January just as half the season had passed when we only had the league to focus on and the boys pulled through to send us to the Blue Square Bet Premier!!!!

Fa Cup - 1st Round - Was a deserved loss even if 3-1 was quite harsh. We did rattle in a few goals on the way to this game. We drew the first game with North Ferriby 1-1 before walloping them 7-0 in the replay. In the 3rd round we destroyed Matlock 6-0. The 4th qualifying round was a lot tougher as we drawn away from home against BSP side Mansfield, we were totally dominated throughout the game but an 87th minute winner from Chris Lake put us through 2-1. Then Telford came and there was to be no upset this time.

FA Trophy - 2nd Round - Can't complain about going out as they were the better team but we did show glimpses of matching the BSP side. The only thing what annoyed me was that this was our 3rd match of the competition and our 3rd away from home so we had no luck with the draw. We beat Whitby Town 4-0 in the 3rd qualifying round before sneaking past Droylsden 1-0 in the first round. No complaints with the Chesterfield game, just hope we can improve next season.

Players,Stats and Awards

I won Manager of the Year, I was one of the favourite for this so it's a deserved award.

Johnny Shelley was our top scorer hitting 21 goals in 36. He was one of two players my scouts recommended when I was at Flint Town, the other being Charlie Lake.

Cathal Lordan topped the assist chart with 20.

Charlie Lake is the other I wanted at Flint but could never get. He did remarkably well for us and his potential could seem him as a leading league 2 star. He chipped in with 14 goals in 44 games and had a average rating of 7.63 over 44 games and received 10 man of the match awards.

Overview

First thing which I need to say....up yours Bury Town and Hednesford,they both rejected me and look where they finished. We had a remarkable season and had some very good players in the squad already, also I was given a two year exstension so I will be here for at least 3 years in which I want to at least get The Trinity to Blue Square Premier challengers.

I need to work on the cup competitons a it more as we are leaking money but being in a higher league, we should have better attendances to help financially. Good cup runs will be essential to help keep the club in money.

Old Club Watch

Flint Town - Finished 3rd in the league and lost in the Euro Playoff semi's to Rhyl. They went out in the semi finals of the Welsh Cup and 1st qualifying round in the champions league. The fared a bit better in the league cup as they lost to Airbus in the final

2013/14  Flint Town    Wales   Welsh Premier     1st       Runners-Up        2nd QL.Rnd      Domestic Double.
2014/15 Gainsborough  England  Blue Sq. North    1st        1st Round           N/A          Promotion

Ok this is strange, this time last year I was being linked to Swedish 2nd division jobs but I've just been linked to Elfsborg job. This is rather weird as I've been at Gainsborough for 1 season and now I'm being linked to a Swedish Premier League team.

Also noticed some weird staff signings....Frank Lampard is managing Juventus, former Real Madrid and Blackburn defender Michel Salgado is managing Abbey Villa (just relegated from N.Irish 2nd division). Ryan Giggs is ass man at Wealdstone while Barcelona legend Xavi is now a youth coach at Real Madrid!!!

Sunday League Footballer which was a National rep in Wales, so its strange to even be linked this early. I could understand lower Swedish jobs as they're round the same reputation has the Welsh Prem/Blue Square Prem.

Thanks hrbfcrule, it's rather a big step between Gainsborough and Elfsborg. I just go with the flow and to wherever wants me :D

Errrrrrmmmm ye about Prestatyn......errrrrrmmm the good news is Prestatyn are favourites to win the league for the new season. The bad news is it's the Cyrmu Alliance because they got relegated. :(

Archived