FM11: Theo Walcott - Lethal Poacher

ArsenalFan7

Theo Walcott

Theo James Walcott (born 16 March 1989) is an English footballer who plays for Arsenal and the England national team. He is a versatile forward who is usually deployed on the right wing or as a second striker.

Start:

theowalcottprofileattri.png

Now:

theowalcottprofileattri.png

theowalcotthistorycaree.png

theowalcotthistorybiogr.png

Walcott play's a huge part in my side as the poacher of the team, every game he is banging the goals in and carrying the team forward. The only reason for him being only decent in the first 2 seasons for my side was because I was foolishly using him at RM, I haven't tried him as a inside forward but he makes a unstoppable poacher and has been immense up front for a while now.

His physicals mean that despite having very average attributes elsewhere he is still an amazing player which can be seen by his stats.

I am proud to see some of his awards and hope more come along, he has picked up the top goalscorer award for the EPL 2 years running now and proves one of the biggest threats around, also beating the likes of Messi and Ronaldo to being the world cup's best player impresses me hugely and I'm pleased to have such a player.

I highly recommend Walcott to anyone who can afford him, I rate him higher than the likes of great strikers like Van Persie by far now.

CA/PA

150/172

He plays as good as Henry for me :D

His PA is great as it is though imo, great player though for sure

His finishing is decent enough for me, I couldn't imagine it would be easier to get it much higher. I've mainly focused on trying to get his speed up though for some odd reason, I was obsessed with the idea of getting both his pace and acceleration to 20, not sure that's possible though.

Still dislike that skin.

--

Walcott shouldn't be used as anything other than a poacher, if he is as good poacher like he was on FM10. Should be hitting 20-30 goals a season.

Just to upset everyone saying he should be played as a poacher...

I always have great success with him as a RW, playing as an inside forward on attack duty. Not talking 30 goals a season, but plenty of goals and tonnes of assists. Tends to work best in a 4-2-3-1 formation.

Still dislike that skin.

--

Walcott shouldn't be used as anything other than a poacher, if he is as good poacher like he was on FM10. Should be hitting 20-30 goals a season.

Why it's brilliant

-------------------------------

I can agree with that, don't know how he performs AMR but don't know what I was thinking when I put him RM, so amazing as poacher.

Why it's brilliant

-------------------------------

I can agree with that, don't know how he performs AMR but don't know what I was thinking when I put him RM, so amazing as poacher.

All the icons shoved top left ruins it, the basics of the skin are very nice.

--

Yeah, using him as a wide player is wasting him really.

Anyone tried him as an Inside Forward?

Just to upset everyone saying he should be played as a poacher...

I always have great success with him as a RW, playing as an inside forward on attack duty. Not talking 30 goals a season, but plenty of goals and tonnes of assists. Tends to work best in a 4-2-3-1 formation.

Agreed, he gets me 20+ goals a season from that position.

Anyone tried him as an Inside Forward?

I tried him there for England and he was one of my best players in a World Cup winning team. Scored three, assisted four I think. I've not tried him in that position for a whole season though and I don't really want to given the success he's had up front with me, both as a poacher with another striker and as a trequartista in a lone striker formation.

I totally agree that walcott is best as a poacher. I took over the england job and hes scored 6 goals in 3 games. He has unbelieveable speed and will pace out any defender and has decent finishing. im suprised hes not used as a striker in real life.

I play him in a 4-1-2-1-2/4-2-2-2 and I usually have my CAM Advanced Playmaker, Fabregas mostly as the playmaker and Walcott set as the target man and he is set to run onto the ball. The only other change I've made is his mentality is completely attacking.

I've found playing Walcott next to RVP as a Deep Lying Forward successful, I have found Walcott successful in a 4-5-1 though but I'm not a huge fan of lone strikers unless they're monsters like Babacar who aren't so one dimensional .

Archived