[FM11] [RELEASED] Replacement Stars

Surferosa

Ive knocked out some replacement stars for use with my Squad Panels. Thought I'd put a thread in here in case any skinners (or anyone else come to that) finds them useful.

The idea behind them is Ive always found the default ones cumbersome to use (ie you mentally have to count the stars- and, unless they're sorted- good ratings dont jump off the page easily). Plus, the default ones take a large amount of screen space- these take as much as the morale icon- meaning- I can cram more info onto each panel.

Three sets at the moment (see below).

Any feedback / requests / questions- ket me know.

Cheers

Surf

Download Links: (installation instructions here)

Blue Stars

Traffic Light Stars

HeatMap Stars

I didnt explain really, did I :)

They are the star rating out of 10. Applied throughout the game (assman reports, scout reports, coach ratings, etc, etc). So above, on my squad panel are showing Recommended, CA, PA (from the assman). On the search / shortlist panels, Recommended, CA, PA (from the scout).

Normally shown as a longer field (5 stars that are shaded in 'halves'- so 1 star, 1.5 stars, 2 stars, 2.5 etc). Personally, I dont like them because they are difficult to distinguish when you have a long list (they all blend in). The colour schemes and simple numbers make them easier to spot / jump off the page. Plus, as per the OP- they take up much less space- which means I can fit more in on my customised Squad Panels

So my stars show as a simple number-scale of 1-10 (with '10' being the '*' you refer to).

I should add- if you use Genie Sout or similiar to find players- then you probably dont take much notice of them anyhow. However, if you dont they are pretty vital indicators on the panels- handy when your filtering a list of hundreds of players :thup:

Not dumb at all- forgive me for being too lazy to put up decent instructions :D

Firstly, since FM10, to make certain changes to the game (such as these) you effectively need to have a skin loaded. Fortunately, the excellent michaelmurray has put together some 'base skins' that are identical in every way to the default game skin (they are just extracts from FM Resourcer that comes with the game). Once you have the base skin loaded, you simply extract / copy the stars downloaded into the graphics subdirectory of the skin. See this thread for much better instructions- and to download the base skins:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/230887-Football-Manager-2011-Base-Skins

Let me know if you get stuck at all though- happy to help :thup:

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I can get this to work on MichealMurry's Base Skin, but not his Dark Skin, any ideas why? It's definitely patched to 11.2 and I have installed it to the same directory as the other but it doesn't seem to want to work...

EDIT: Never mind, figured out, great mod though, cheers it's helped me well :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Archived