Game : Football Manager 2010 (PC)

Version : Official SI 10.0.2 patch

Database size : Large

Leagues loaded :

• Algeria (Interregions and above)
  • Angola (Gira Angola and above)
  • Benin (Deuxieme Division and above)
  • Botswana (BeMobile only)
  • Burkina Faso (Second Division and above)
  • Burundi (Primus Ligue only)
  • Cameroon (MTN Two and above)
  • Cape Verde (Campeonato Nacional only)
  • Central African Rep. (Championnat de la Ligue only)
  • Chad (Premiere Division only)
  • Djibouti (Premier League only)
  • Egypt (First Division and above)
  • Equatorial Guinea (Primera Division only)
  • Ethiopia (Premier League only)
  • Gabon (Championnat 2 and above)
  • Gambia (Division Two and above)
  • Ghana (Division One League and above)
  • Guinea (Ligue 2 and above)
  • Guinea-Bissau (1 Divisao only)
  • Ivory Coast (MTN Ligue Two and above)
  • Kenya (Nationwide Division One and above)
  • Lesotho (Premier League only)
  • Liberia (Premiership League only)
  • Libya (League Division One only)
  • Madagascar (Second Division and above)
  • Malawi (tnm Super League only)
  • Mali (Ligue 1 du Mali and above)
  • Mauritania (Premiere Division only)
  • Mauritius (Barclays League only)
  • Morocco (GNF2 and above)
  • Mozambique (Mocambola only)
  • Namibia (MTC Namibia Premier League only)
  • Niger (Premiere Division only)
  • Nigeria (Premier League only)
  • Senegal (Ligue 2 and above)
  • Seychelles (Barclays League Division One only)
  • Sierra Leone (Premier League only)
  • Somalia (Somali Football League only)
  • South Africa (First Division and above)
  • Sudan (Sudanese League only)
  • Swaziland (MTN Premier League only)
  • Tanzania (Ligi Kuu Tanzania Bara only)
  • Congo (Linafoot 2 and above)
  • Togo (Premiere Division only)
  • Tunisia (Segunda Division and above)
  • Uganda (Super League only)
  • DR Congo (Linafoot only)
  • Zambia (FAZ Super Division)

Previous experience : Sunday morning footballer

Yes, I know…I know…another Raware save ;) but this is really one save that I’ve been meaning to do since the release of FM10! In the many years I’ve been playing CM/FM, I’ve played a save on every continent…except one; Africa. Having read DodgeeD’s antics in his An African Adventure thread, my lack of experience playing in Africa and the fact that the worlds eyes have just been watching the worlds biggest football competition only a few weeks ago in Africa, what better place to start a new save :).

Thanks to the new addition to FM10 which allows extra leagues to be added and thanks to the hard work of the FM Community, a lot of the African leagues are now available to play. Here are the downloads which I’ll be using -

African leagues

African players

Many thanks to the person/persons who put so much hard work into these additions :thup:.

In this save, as always, I’ll be starting at the bottom and trying to work my way up the leagues. I’ll be attempting to do this with FC Cape Town who are in the South African First Division Coastal. While I want to stay at FC Cape Town and attempt to take them as far as possible, if I do receive a job offer which is too good to turn down, I may decide to take it.

I hope you enjoy my journey. Comments are welcome :)

Career Summary

Season   Team              League          		    Position   Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2009/10  FC Cape Town	   1st Division Coastal	       	       4th     1st Division Cup runners up
2010/11  FC Cape Town      1st Division Coastal                1st     League champions, 1st Division Cup winners
2011/12  FC Cape Town      Premier Soccer League               9th     -
2012/13	 FC Cape Town      Premier Soccer League              10th     -
2013/14  FC Cape Town      Premier Soccer League               5th     -
2014/15  FC Cape Town      Premier Soccer League               4th     Super 8 Cup winners
2015/16	 FC Cape Town	   Premier Soccer League	       5th     Super 8 Cup winners, Charity Cup runners up
2016/17  FC Cape Town      Premier Soccer League               1st     League champions

Trophy Cabinet

South African Premier Soccer League - 2016/17

South African 1st Division Coastal - 2010/11

South African 1st Division Cup - 2010/11

South African Super 8 Cup - 2014/15, 2015/16

FCCapeTown.png

FC Cape Town are a professional South African football club currently playing in the South African First Division Coastal. The club play their home games at Blue Downs Stadium and possess fairly basic training facilities and a very basic youth set up. The club are affectionately known as African Beasts.

With no real competition history of note, FC Cape Town are a club with a trophy cabinet waiting to be filled.

BlueDownsStadium.jpg

Blue Downs Stadium

FCCapeTown.png

FC Cape Town

Season 2009/10 : Preview

League expectation

-------------------------

South African First Division Coastal : Board expectation - Respectable league position : Media expectation - 4th (out of 8)

Cup expectations

---------------------

South African FA Cup : 2nd round

South African First Division Cup : Quarter Final

Transfer budget : £16k

Wage budget : £2.7k p/w

Current wage bill : £2.7k p/w

FCCapeTown.png

FC Cape Town

Season 2009/10 : Review

South African First Division Coastal/South African First Division Coastal progress/South African First Division Coastal fixtures : We made a steady enough start to the season which saw us hanging around 4th/5th place in the first few weeks. This solid start was a great foundation for us and we seemed to gather momentum as we racked win after win which propelled us to the top of the league by the halfway mark of the season. That’s where we stayed for 11 weeks and at one point sat 7 points clear, but with 6 games to go, we somehow threw all of our hard work out of the window and failed to carry on our great form as we slid down the league to our predicted final position at the start of the season, 4th. Disappointing, but I suppose I can’t really complain as it was a solid first season for us.

South African FA Cup : The board wanted us to reach the 2nd round and that’s what we achieved. I’d of liked to have gone further and considering the team we lost to are a non league side, I have to say I’m disappointed we didn’t go further.

South African First Division Cup : The board wanted us to reach the Quarter Final so I’m delighted that we went all the way to the final. I’m just disappointed that we bottled it in the final but to be fair, Ikapa Sporting deserved their win.

Transfers : We made a few transfers, those being the nearly unfortunately named Justice Sithole, Kabelo Metsimetsi, Japie Arries, Thiyekile Gulwa, Reason Maswanganyi and Kalabase Tlali all on free transfers, Rudi Isaacs for a club record £16k and Tsepo Ramokala, Cole Alexander, Ramahlwe Mphahlele, and Thato Ferland all on season long loans.

Squad : The squad is ok but it lacks the couple of stand out players we need to get out of this league. Saying that though, they did really well to push the top teams in the league all the way, considering the awful injuries we had throughout the season (Qalanto was out for 8 months, Alexander was out for 4 months and Warely was out for 3 months). Although we need to add quality to the squad, the league rulings state that only 5 foreign players are allowed in the squad so the majority of the squad will have to remain South African.

Finances : The finances aren’t looking too healthy as we sit in the red unable to make a profit, despite selling players and keeping within the wage budget. In order to make a profit we must get out of this league and get the ground full.

Career Summary

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2009/10  FC Cape Town	   1st Division Coastal	               4th     1st Division Cup runners up

Nice start. I would have used 'It Began In Africa' tho ;)

Cheers Deisler :thup: but if I remember correctly, somebody has already used that title in a previous save here in CU (how dare they! ;))

Good luck with your (latest) career Raware. :thup: I enjoyed my time in Africa but the pull of my original career save and taking TFC to never-before-seen heights was too strong. Hopefully, you'll get some sustained success out of it. :)

Word of warning - watch out for the Ivory Coast leagues. I had an abortive attempt there as I fell foul of the homegrown players rule. With many of the players having no history, there were classed as new to the club and weren't counted as HG! However, I reckon that problem should be sorted out after a few seasons of youth intake etc.

Good luck with your (latest) career Raware. :thup: I enjoyed my time in Africa but the pull of my original career save and taking TFC to never-before-seen heights was too strong. Hopefully, you'll get some sustained success out of it. :)

Word of warning - watch out for the Ivory Coast leagues. I had an abortive attempt there as I fell foul of the homegrown players rule. With many of the players having no history, there were classed as new to the club and weren't counted as HG! However, I reckon that problem should be sorted out after a few seasons of youth intake etc.

Cheers for the heads up DodgeeD, i'll make sure I stay away from the Ivory Coast leaues for the first few years then until they're populated with youth intakes.

Not another Raware thread! Looks like you'll have no way out of Africa so hope you have fun there. ;)

I only have this one running and my Livingston save going! ;) Nope, no way outta Africa...hopefully, it'll be a fun stay there.

I was thinking of Charlesbeams' thread in here last year and then before that F1Daves in LLM, both named 'It began in Africa'. If you did one too JTY, mine'd make 4 with the same thread title...could get confusing :confused: :D

FCCapeTown.png

FC Cape Town

Season 2010/11 : Preview

League expectation

South African First Division Coastal : Board expectation - Respectable league position : Media expectation - 3rd (out of 8)

Cup expectations

---------------------

South African FA Cup : 2nd round

South African First Division Cup : Learn from the experience

Transfer budget : £2.5k

Wage budget : £3.55k p/w

Current wage bill : £3.2k p/w

FCCapeTown.png

FC Cape Town

Season 2010/11 : Review

South African First Division Coastal/South African First Division Coastal progress/South African First Division Coastal fixtures : We made a flying start to the season, winning our first 7 games which put us top of the table. We were soon reminded of our fallibility though when Batau FC surprisingly taught us a lesson in football to inflict the first defeat of the season on us. Our first and very surprisingly last though as we went undefeated for the remainder of the season, which included 12 consecutive clean sheets as we romped home to claim the title, 16 points ahead of our nearest rivals.

South African First Division Playoffs : This was between ourselves and the winners of the First Division Inland Division over two legs, with the winners taking their place in next seasons South African top flight. We gave ourselves a great advantage going into the second leg thanks to 3-2 win in the first leg, all we needed was a draw. Thankfully we got that draw which means we’ll be playing in the Premier League next season for the first time in the clubs history.

South African FA Cup : Again, the board wanted us to reach the 2nd round this year and I didn’t really expect anything else, so I’m delighted that we went all the way to the Semi’s.

South African First Division Cup : We made amends for last years defeat in the final as we managed to win a nervy final thanks to an own goal from FS Stars’ Solomon Mathe. It doesn’t matter how you win them! :D

Transfers : We brought in a few more additions this year, those being Scara Ngobese for £2.5k from United FC, Marawaan Bantam, Mandla Masango and Postnett Omony all on frees, Tsepo Ramokala on a free after impressing on loan last season, Ramahlwe Mphahlele and Thato Ferland on loans again after impressing last year whilst on loan and promising youngsters Michael Morton and Linda Mathebula on season long loans.

Squad : I knew we only needed a couple of players if we were going to make a title challenge and thankfully we managed to get those players; not through transfers though…but through our existing players. Both Emmanuel Emenike and Hassan Waswa returned to the club after loans abroad last season to make a real difference for us. Emenike spent last season in Turkey and didn’t waste anytime in banging the goals in for us as he netted 28 in 37 which helped him to the First Division Coastal top goal scorer award, while Waswa also returned from Turkey to become our new club captain and lead by example. One other stand out performer worth mentioning is Keenin Lesch who racked up 23 goals in 35 games, who with Emenike scored an impressive 51 goals between them this season. Keenin became my first player ever to be rated 10/10 on FM10 :cool: after scoring 6 goals in 1 game.

Finances : At one point we were sat at £85k in the red but thanks to a cash injection from the board and some much needed prize money, we now find ourselves £85k in the black.

One other award of note was the South African First Division Manager of the Year…which went to me! :D

Career Summary

2009/10  FC Cape Town	   1st Division Coastal	       	       4th     1st Division Cup runners up
2010/11  FC Cape Town      1st Division Coastal                1st     League champions, 1st Division Cup winners

Thanks parsfanjamie. There's around nearly 70 leagues running and it's running fine. I have a fairly decent spec on my laptop so it should be ok when I get further into the save.

Every time I come on here Raware is in a new country or even continent. :D

So many leagues, are you planning to hop around them once you have done all you can with Cape Town?

Love the layout and a great read as always.

Good progress so far.

Thats a lot of leagues :eek: You have started very well, but will the top level be one step too far!?! Good luck.

Thanks T3APOT. Hopefully the step up won't be too much for us.

Every time I come on here Raware is in a new country or even continent. :D

So many leagues, are you planning to hop around them once you have done all you can with Cape Town?

Love the layout and a great read as always.

Good progress so far.

Cheers WH. What can I say, I just get around! ;)

Ideally, i'd like to hop around once i've done all I feel I can at FC Cape Town with maybe stints in Egypt, Algeria and Tunisia and a crack at the African Cup of Nations with an international team in the future.

FCCapeTown.png

FC Cape Town

Season 2011/12 : Preview

League expectation

South African Premier Soccer League : Board expectation - Mid table finish : Media expectation - 13th (out of 16)

Cup expectations

---------------------

South African FA Cup : 3rd round

South African Knockout Cup : Learn from the experience

Transfer budget : £90k

Wage budget : £5.4k p/w

Current wage bill : £5.9k p/w

FCCapeTown.png

FC Cape Town

Season 2011/12 : Review

South African Premier Soccer League/South African Premier Soccer League progress/South African Premier Soccer League fixtures : We made a cracking start to life in our debut season in South Africa’s top division as we remained undefeated in the first 8 games to put us firmly amongst the early leaders. Amazingly, we somehow carried on our fantastic form throughout most of the season; until the last quarter of it that is, when our form suddenly deserted us and we plummeted down the league to a final position of 9th. Despite our poor end of season form though, it was a great season for us and one in which we can all be happy with! :D.

South African FA Cup : We failed to repeat last years heroics as we were sent crashing out in extra time. Still, we managed to reach the boards expectations.

South African Knockout Cup : A new cup for us this year but we failed to make any kind of impression in it as we were sent packing by a very strong Orlando Pirates side. To be honest, we were lucky that we managed to keep it down to 1-0. The only highlight of it was the prize money we received. £500k for losing isn’t bad!

Transfers : Again, more faces were brought in this season, those being Sydney Plaatjies, LindoKuhle Mkhwanazi, Ditheko Mototo, Justin Miller, Erwin Isaacs, Ashely Opperman, Japie Motale and Shu-aib Walters all on free transfers, Thato Ferland for a 3rd consecutive season on loan, Stanton Lewis from SuperSport Utd for £16k and Dennis Masina from Golden Arrows for a club record £75k.

Squad : With us making the step up to a higher division this season, there was no doubt that we needed to improve the squad. I was fairly pleased with the players we brought in but I do feel that we need extra quality if we’re to make any kind of progress. Again, the stand out player for us this season was Emmanuel Emenike who seemed to make the step up divisions with minimal fuss as he bagged 16 goals in 32 games.

Finances : We’re easily in the black thanks to prize money and higher attendances. Hopefully, our money problems are behind us now!

Career Summary

A solid season in the South African top flight. Now hopefully you can attract better players and aim for the top of the South African Premier Soccer League and hopefully a CAF Champions League berth one day. :)

I was expecting a relegation battle this year so i'm really happy with our final position of 9th :D. As you say, now to build on this, get some quality in and make a move for a CAF place. There's a lot of quality players that my scouts have found, the only problem is is that they're all foreign and can't get a work permit :( We don't have the finances to compete with the likes of Orando Pirates and Kaiser Cheifs to bid for the promising South African youngsters so I have a feeling it's going to be difficult to make progress.

Looking good so far Raware. Great progress in your African career - a top job! :)

Cheers C. :D

A solid first season in the top flight Raware. Plenty to build on there. What are your youth facilities like? Any potential stars coming through?

Ta DodgeeD :thup:. Corporate facilities are basic, training facilities are basic and youth facilities are minimal; so it's not looking good in that area of the club! Hopefully the board will be improving them soon though. As for potential stars coming through...not a sniff! :( My scouts have found some amazing youngsters but I just can't get work permits for them.

Made the step up with ease, good job. Lets hope there's no second season syndrome!

Thanks T3APOT. I hope there's no second season either! I've suffered them far too often.

At least it wasn't named after a bit-part player in your squad who wants to leave the club (happened to me in FM08)!

Of all the new stadiums i've ever had, they've always been named after the club :(. But I suppose it's better than being named after a bit-part player who no-one's ever heard of! ;)

It was when I had a save for gundo's challeneg in the Czech Republic. We had a Serbian guy called Djokic who was at the club for three seasons. Fair enough, he was a key member of the side that got promoted to the top flight and scored the winning goal in the cup final the following season but then he started making comments about wanting to leave and skiping training so I sold him. 5 seasons down the line (after more cup wins, league titles, getting past the Champions League group stage etc) we get a new stadium and they called it 'Djokic Arena'!

FCCapeTown.png

FC Cape Town

Season 2012/13 : Preview

League expectation

South African Premier Soccer League : Board expectation - Respectable league position : Media expectation - 11th (out of 16)

Cup expectations

---------------------

Transfer budget : £50k

Wage budget : £5.7k p/w

Current wage bill : £5.6k p/w

Cheers 68_Grandad_99 :thup:. It's goin well so far and there's a few good regens knocking about, most of them are foreign though so I can't get work permits for them :(. Who were you playing as in your South African game? Any thoughts about putting it up here in the careers update?

• 2 weeks later...
Cheers 68_Grandad_99 :thup:. It's goin well so far and there's a few good regens knocking about, most of them are foreign though so I can't get work permits for them :(. Who were you playing as in your South African game? Any thoughts about putting it up here in the careers update?

I started off at Maritzburg United and then moved onto Orlando Pirates. I've left South Africa behind now and i am in Spain. I did a career thread but people didn't show much of an interest so i just stopped, it's called "International Toilet Seat Press Conferences- My Journey Around The World" if you fancy a look, i posted the regens i found and signed. Like i said i gave up updating it but won 2 PSL Titles and the SAFA Cup with the Pirates.

FCCapeTown.png

FC Cape Town

Season 2012/13 : Review

South African Premier Soccer League/South African Premier Soccer League progress/South African Premier Soccer League fixtures : Again, we made a fantastic start to the season which saw us in and amongst the early leaders. However, we couldn’t sustain that kind of form and we ended up dropping down to a final position of 10th, 1 place and 2 points worse off than last season :(. Something both I and the board are unhappy with which has led to my job status becoming insecure. (I’m not quite sure why the majority of teams played 31 games; I checked other African leagues and most of those played an extra game too so it must be an issue when the fixtures were created. I just hope it’s not a bug which will affect the longevity of this save).

South African FA Cup : A poor performance in this cup as we were sent crashing out on penalties to non league Winners Park in the 2nd round. The board wasn’t happy and this only helped in changing my job status from secure to insecure.

South African Knockout Cup : We went one better than last year as we reached the semi’s only for us to lose to Platinum Stars.

Transfers : For us to kick on from last year, new signings were a must. We brought in Jabulani Langa, Maphelo Galada, Mkhanyiseli Siwahla, Thami Sangweni and Assomption Armel Kessou all on free transfers. Thato Ferland for £2.5k from Swallows after 3 successive loan periods with us, Tlou Molekwane for £16k and Jeffrey Ntuka for £30k both from Kaizer Chiefs and Vincent Volcere for £14k from Red Star (SEY).

Squad : I thought that with the players we brought in over the season the squad looked better, but unfortunately we failed to improve on last season. Plus points of the season were Emmanuel Emenike who once again knocked the goals in for fun as he hit 23 goals in 33 games which led to him claiming the South African top goal scorer award and both he and Postnett Omony took up South African citizenship to help us with the foreigner ruling. However, there were a few negative points as both keepers are unhappy along with a few more players.

Finances : We’re still in the black but we made a loss of £75k this year.

One other point worth mentioning is the relocation to our new stadium. We were due to move into the new 5767 capacity, FC Cape Town Stadium this July but work on it has been delayed by 3 months so we’ll have to wait until October unfortunately :(.

Career Summary

FCCapeTown.png

FC Cape Town

Season 2013/14 : Preview

League expectation

South African Premier Soccer League : Board expectation - Respectable league position : Media expectation - 12th (out of 16)

Cup expectations

---------------------

Transfer budget : £61k

Wage budget : £7.5k p/w

Current wage bill : £6.9k p/w

FCCapeTown.png

FC Cape Town

Season 2013/14 : Review

South African Premier Soccer League/South African Premier Soccer League progress/South African Premier Soccer League fixtures : We made another fine start to the season which surprisingly put us top of the pile after 4 games. This was short lived (which was to be expected) but it set the tone for our season as we managed to stay in the top half of the table all season, dropping no lower than 6th where we eventually finished in a final position of 5th…a club record high :).

South African FA Cup : Very disappointed to go out at the first hurdle but after drawing Orlando Pirates, it was always going to be difficult to progress.

South African Knockout Cup : Another cup, another disappointment as we were sent crashing out in extra time.

Transfers : A fairly quiet couple of transfer windows for us this year, in comparison to previous years as we only brought in 6 players. Those were Matty Pattison, Musa Tsotetsi and Klaas Galane all on free transfers, Dumisani Masilela for £30k from Tuks, Johnathan Greenfield for £1.5k from Minnesota and Richard Justin Lado from Al-Hilal (SUD) on a free.

Squad : The squad is looking ok and I’m pleased that the players managed to improve on last season. I do think that we did over achieve slightly though and for us to match this season we’ll need to strengthen. It seems that every season I say it and this season is no different, our star player was once again Emmanuel Emenike who at times carried the side as he hit 21 goals in 32 games.

Finances : They’re slowly improving but we need to make more of a profit to enable us to buy better players.

Career Summary

2013/14  FC Cape Town      Premier Soccer League               5th     -

Archived