+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 39 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,200 of 3828

Thread: Ollie's Chairman game version2 - the story

SSN Breaking News:

Newcastle United have announced the signing of German International Keeper, Manuel Neuer. The German has signed a 3 year deal at the club and the fee is thought to be around the 23million mark.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Fu_19 View Post
    Liverpool are considering reporting a number of teams to the F.A. for wasting their time with bogus offers.
    They stated that gerrard would not leave the clubs for no less than a packet of wotsits and a toblerone.
    Would except a packet of Flamin' Hot monster Munch and some galaxy truffles from a tin of Celebrations? To be honest this is my final offer as you are being ridiculous with your demands this winter!!!!

SSN Breaking News

Newcastle United have again dipped into the transfer market today, signing another 5 players on top of Manuel Neuer this afternoon. Joining Newcastle for a combined fee of an estimated 45mil will be Vorsah, Samuel, Abidal, Zaccardo and Ramieres Meaning 2 centre backs, a lb, a rb and a centre mid will all join the club as they try and selvage something from this season.

Amateur

in more goalkeeping news west ham have signed andrea consigli for 9 million pounds on a 5 year deal. the chairman was delighted at being able to do the deal at this relatively cheap price and was delighted to have secured the long term future of the team between the sticks at least.

Amateur

Blackburn are please to anounce the signings of Cory Evans and Ryan Bable from Liverpool. Contrary to reports that they were signed for peanuts the actual figure was near to 10m which is still a bargain for two very good players, when asked whether Blackburn would be making any more signings, club chairman, lcfc1 said "I can't say at the moment, it would be unprofessional and could jepodize any negotiations currently taking place, if any one would like to make us an offer for any of our players on the transfer list please contact me directly"

Amateur

Sunderland may look to strengthen their squad but have to look at their financial situation first

wow its been quiet on the chairmen side today...

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by cplpeters1900 View Post
    wow its been quiet on the chairmen side today...
    I have no players to buy. Im leaving everything to the Manager. Tbh though I am getting slightly bored of the game. So I may decide to drop out soon.

Third Team

Anyone with anyone for sale with prices?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Nottingham Forest View Post
    I have no players to buy. Im leaving everything to the Manager. Tbh though I am getting slightly bored of the game. So I may decide to drop out soon.
    Im also getting bored of this as the transfer windows are longer than the seasons

Amateur

Middlesbrough FIRESALE

Players to be sold:

Gary O'Neil
    Scott McDonald
    Christian Wilhelmsson
    Leroy Lita
    Marvin Emnes
    Julio Arca
    Mido
    Lee Miller
    Barry Robson

It is true, we need to shorten the transfer windows, if people miss out then they miss out, make them 2 or 3 days maximum!

Reserves

It is true, we need to shorten the transfer windows, if people miss out then they miss out, make them 2 or 3 days maximum!
    Thats what they are already. I think they are 4 days.

Amateur

Maybe some more in depth reports on the season rather than just shooting through with screen shots? Less transfers between chairmen and more in depth about the deals that are happening in the game. just to make it a little more in depth and not shooting through the seasons in half a day!!

This might have an effect on the amount of time that it takes to run this game and it depends on toon if he can put the time in!!!!

Amateur

Blackburn Half Price Sale

Bret Emerton - was 6m - now 3m
    Andreas Schranz - was 900k - now 450k
    Kenwyne Jones - was 6.5m - now 3.25m
    Maceo Rigters - was 500k - now 250k
    Isaiah Osbourne - was 2m - now 1m
    Gary Neville - was 1m - now 500k
    Emile Heskey - was 1m - now 500k

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by William Hall View Post
    Anyone with anyone for sale with prices?
    Blackburn Half Price Sale

Bret Emerton - was 6m - now 3m
    Andreas Schranz - was 900k - now 450k
    Kenwyne Jones - was 6.5m - now 3.25m
    Maceo Rigters - was 500k - now 250k
    Isaiah Osbourne - was 2m - now 1m
    Gary Neville - was 1m - now 500k
    Emile Heskey - was 1m - now 500k

Amateur

STOKE GET IN THE COR

Stoke City have signed Oscar Cordozo for an Undisclosed fee

Semi Pro

sorry aint been on been sorting out my sons trampoline for his bday tomorrow

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Paulo1985 View Post
    Maybe some more in depth reports on the season rather than just shooting through with screen shots? Less transfers between chairmen and more in depth about the deals that are happening in the game. just to make it a little more in depth and not shooting through the seasons in half a day!!

This might have an effect on the amount of time that it takes to run this game and it depends on toon if he can put the time in!!!!
    well i asked earlier on if it was ok the way i was doing it and if anypne wanted me to do things differently to just say and i would and as for time yeah iv got enough time to do it all im just crap at writing ahaha but ill give it a go and also what sort of stuff do you want me to do write ups on . also im doing it the same way ollie did it so give me some examples how you would think would make the game better
    Last edited by toon_balmy; 23-08-2010 at 00:39.

Semi Pro

and as for transfers ill give it 2days so it will be done quicker

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by BtahtheZone View Post
    STOKE GET IN THE COR

Stoke City have signed Oscar Cordozo for an Undisclosed fee
    It's CArdozo

Semi Pro

do you want me to close the window now ??

Semi Pro

Bust up reported at Carrington

Semi Pro

Transfer window Closed

Semi Pro

FA Signings

Newcastle
    Hleb
    Ben arfa

Everton
    Cristico

Chelsea
    Marcelo

Pompy
    Drenthe

Amateur

What's the bust up At carrington all about?

Semi Pro

What's the bust up At carrington all about?
    Van der varrt and mourinho aha

Vaart has now gone out on loan to cska moscow aha

Semi Pro

i am thinking of doing a new game of this with championship and league 1 and 2 included and all the other top leagues and doing it with the 10.3 database but with updated transfers cos we all keep going out of the fa cup and league cup cos we keep playing out youth team players and reserves for some reason which it muct be a bug and your thoughts on this please

Amateur

This would be because Ollie reduced the reputation of the FA cup so that teams would not field full strength teams if you just find out what it should be and put it back up, It should all work ok!

Amateur

I didn't know he did that, did he do it without asking/telling everyone then. Because I certainly wouldn't have agreed with that.

Also, the idea of expanding to more leagues, I'm guessing you mean with more chairmen too. I don't think that would be a good idea tbh. We've got quite a few chairmen who don't turn up on this, nevermind 3 more leagues, and you wouldn't fill the teams either.

In response to improving the game, the screenshots could be better. For a start the skin isn't very good with cups, can't see teams in red (i.e. who's gone out) & if you look at the previous chairmen games created, they both have bigger screenshots, but put links to them on "imageshack". Don't know if that's easier/harder?

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by rhyscartwright91 View Post
    I didn't know he did that, did he do it without asking/telling everyone then. Because I certainly wouldn't have agreed with that.

Also, the idea of expanding to more leagues, I'm guessing you mean with more chairmen too. I don't think that would be a good idea tbh. We've got quite a few chairmen who don't turn up on this, nevermind 3 more leagues, and you wouldn't fill the teams either.

In response to improving the game, the screenshots could be better. For a start the skin isn't very good with cups, can't see teams in red (i.e. who's gone out) & if you look at the previous chairmen games created, they both have bigger screenshots, but put links to them on "imageshack". Don't know if that's easier/harder?
    its not the fact to have more people on the game its the fact that i can see whos coming up and there will be more players available to buy and more regens coming through i dont know why the images dont show up big imageshack and photobucket are the same thing pretty much but ill give it a go with imageshack erm so do you want em to start it again and i wont start it up until we have had our signings go through and also i was going to introduce a marquee signing where any team can sign any player just once at the start of the 1st season and everyone would have 100 mil bank balance and no debt or anything just a 100 mil to do as you please with

Amateur

That would be unfair on those that don't get Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd or Man City surely?

Amateur

If everyone is really into this why don't we start an actual FM game online? say between certain times each night and if you can't make it then you have to agree to going on holiday?

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by GIBURROWS View Post
    If everyone is really into this why don't we start an actual FM game online? say between certain times each night and if you can't make it then you have to agree to going on holiday?
    That could work and Also I would agree to what toon said about starting again with more leagues if everyone else agreed.

Amateur

GIBURROWS: I would play, Can we keep the same teams that we have on here or would we all pick new ones. I have never tried online before but i would be happy to play and be on holiday if i can make it?

Toon: Would rather make this one better to be honest. We dont know enough about the Regens and i dont know how we are going to get it accross either as without handing out the save game we cant see the regens around the world. But then if you do hand out the save game you then have people with FM rite and genie Scout who are just going to pick up the best youth and make the game pointless!
    I like the idea of making the everyclub have the same bank balance but then as it has been said the game will favour the bigger teams due to reputation.

Reserves

GIBURROWS: I would play, Can we keep the same teams that we have on here or would we all pick new ones. I have never tried online before but i would be happy to play and be on holiday if i can make it?

Toon: Would rather make this one better to be honest. We dont know enough about the Regens and i dont know how we are going to get it accross either as without handing out the save game we cant see the regens around the world. But then if you do hand out the save game you then have people with FM rite and genie Scout who are just going to pick up the best youth and make the game pointless!
    I like the idea of making the everyclub have the same bank balance but then as it has been said the game will favour the bigger teams due to reputation.
    It could work in an online game if eveyone agreed and then we can play more leagues and just be unemployed managers. We could use Forbses current update from the editors hideaway if he didnt mind and everything would be updated. However I would wait another week until the transfer window closes. We could ban Genie SCout and everything like that and if you are caught using it you get deducted 10 points.(would be fair).

Amateur

It could work in an online game if eveyone agreed and then we can play more leagues and just be unemployed managers. We could use Forbses current update from the editors hideaway if he didnt mind and everything would be updated. However I would wait another week until the transfer window closes. We could ban Genie SCout and everything like that and if you are caught using it you get deducted 10 points.(would be fair).
    or toon or whoever runs it can make a list each year for the regens and then we just take our pick, like the nfl draft, whoever is last gets first pick and then the top team gets the last pick and so on??

Semi Pro

what times would you be thinking to play the online game? It might be tough for me because i live in australia.

Reserves

or toon or whoever runs it can make a list each year for the regens and then we just take our pick, like the nfl draft, whoever is last gets first pick and then the top team gets the last pick and so on??
    That would be cack tbh. It depends charlo on what everyone else wants. How many hours are you in front of te uk by. I know melbourne is 9 hours.

Semi Pro

i'm in sydney so the same as melbourne.

Amateur

That would be cack tbh. It depends charlo on what everyone else wants. How many hours are you in front of te uk by. I know melbourne is 9 hours.
    What would be so bad about it? whoever runs it can rate them for us.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by charlo116 View Post
    i'm in sydney so the same as melbourne.
    Ok. It may not happen but I think Willam Hall lives in OZ as well so we will have to ask him as well. We could have a slight problem then because when I went over OZ last year I was getting up early and going on the computers to talk to people at 4/5 in the morning in OZ but thats because I had a bit of jet lag.

Reserves

What would be so bad about it? whoever runs it can rate them for us.
    It would just be bad and we could just keep bidding for them like we do now. The american draft rule is cack.

Amateur

It works, no one team dominates.... (unless they are the cheating New England Patriots!)

Reserves

It works, no one team dominates.... (unless they are the cheating New England Patriots!)
    I like teh idea of an online game but not the draft for the players.

Semi Pro

i could play if the game was in the late afternoon or at around midnight your time, otherwise don't worry about it.

Reserves

i could play if the game was in the late afternoon or at around midnight your time, otherwise don't worry about it.
    Were not going to do it unless it suits everyone else.

Amateur

I am happy to play at Midnight our time to be honest as i am normally up that late anyway!
    I like the draft Idea but we could have a randow order rather than a bottom to top order but we would need someone fair to do it that we all trust each year.
    I will definatly join an online game and play as much as time allowed me to but i would also be happy with an assistant manager taking the reins when i am unavailable. So if this does happen then definatly count me in!!!!

Amateur

Were not going to do it unless it suits everyone else.
    It does not have to be everyone i guess. We could run it alongside this one as it will be a diferent type of game!
    I dont like the idea of being unemployed as this could lead to people sitting out the start of the game for months waiting for a club to take over!

Reserves

It does not have to be everyone i guess. We could run it alongside this one as it will be a diferent type of game!
    I dont like the idea of being unemployed as this could lead to people sitting out the start of the game for months waiting for a club to take over!
    No we play as Unemployed Managers but we are Chairman. Thats how ollie and toon do it.

Reserves

We could just keep this game running and play an online manager game between us all.

Semi Pro

I agree everyone should start with a club.

I played an online game on fm 09 that was pretty interesting, we used an edited database that had two euro super leagues (using dutch leagues) and all players were made free agents and all clubs in the two leagues were given the same finances. Just an idea though if antone else is interested, it makes it quite even.

Reserves

I agree everyone should start with a club.

I played an online game on fm 09 that was pretty interesting, we used an edited database that had two euro super leagues (using dutch leagues) and all players were made free agents and all clubs in the two leagues were given the same finances. Just an idea though if antone else is interested, it makes it quite even.
    We could do that. use one of the Free agent databases from the Editors Hideaway and then play in England(mainly for rep). Or we coul just have England and a few other leagues running and play an online game.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by toon_balmy View Post
    i am thinking of doing a new game of this with championship and league 1 and 2 included and all the other top leagues and doing it with the 10.3 database but with updated transfers cos we all keep going out of the fa cup and league cup cos we keep playing out youth team players and reserves for some reason which it muct be a bug and your thoughts on this please
    Could this be done when the new FM comes out, and we all start a fresh, that way all the teams should be as they are now and we could choose a team in any league

Semi Pro

it wont really favour yeah apart from getting players but theyl have to spend majority of there budget to get them as for regns ill find 10 and ill post up there stats and everything if that sounds good and every year wehn your team get new yout ill send you a pic from fmrte in pm so you can see whos the best youth in your team

Reserves

Are we going to play an online game or should we wait until FM11

Semi Pro

i can do it on this and every team will be updated to the current transfers and also i would pick a team for chach erson at rand ill put all the teams in a hat pick a team out then have everyone whos in the game in a hat and pick like that makes it fair an d then theres no cheating what do you think of that

Reserves

i can do it on this and every team will be updated to the current transfers and also i would pick a team for chach erson at rand ill put all the teams in a hat pick a team out then have everyone whos in the game in a hat and pick like that makes it fair an d then theres no cheating what do you think of that
    HUH? You dont need to do all the transfers because theres already an updated database in the Editors Hideaway from someone called Forbes. I reckon we should wait until te transfer window closes. However I struggle to play an online game with an updated database because I cant download. But we could play an online game on 10.3. We could start a new chairman game next week once all transfers have been completed. If thats what you were trying to say.

Amateur

Good but are we carrying on with this game we are in now? I have done loads for Pompy and should be given the key to the city soon!

Reserves

Good but are we carrying on with this game we are in now? I have done loads for Pompy and should be given the key to the city soon!
    I guess we are currently.

I'd rather carry on with this one til fm11 comes out, then when that comes out start a new one?

Semi Pro

HUH? You dont need to do all the transfers because theres already an updated database in the Editors Hideaway from someone called Forbes. I reckon we should wait until te transfer window closes. However I struggle to play an online game with an updated database because I cant download. But we could play an online game on 10.3. We could start a new chairman game next week once all transfers have been completed. If thats what you were trying to say.
    i know iv got it already i meant our own transfers as a chairman then they be sold so easily then in the first transfer window we wont need to do anything and it will be half season done in no time with extra updates and more league and more players but its up to you

Semi Pro

or i could sim the game up to 2020 with stopping then see how our teams are from there and play it from what you just a thought if people are getting bored of it

Reserves

or i could sim the game up to 2020 with stopping then see how our teams are from there and play it from what you just a thought if people are getting bored of it
    I like this.

Semi Pro

well i need a yay or nay from most of you by 4.50 before i go to work so i cant set it up to gon holiday and when i come home il be able to do updates and all that sort of stuff

Reserves

I reckon we should start a new one next week. When the transfer window closes. Using Forbsies update. But we have more leagues, players loaded and stuff. Obviously its up to everyone else and whether you computer can handle it toon. Can it. But we continue playing this one until the transfer window closes or till forbsies update comes out.

Amateur

I reckon we should start a new one next week. When the transfer window closes. Using Forbsies update. But we have more leagues, players loaded and stuff. Obviously its up to everyone else and whether you computer can handle it toon. Can it. But we continue playing this one until the transfer window closes or till forbsies update comes out.
    I like the idea, especially if we all get new clubs and new people come on board to take up the reigns at other clubs, 20 space soon get filled! also foreign signings can be just that signings from abroad.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by lcfc1 View Post
    I like the idea, especially if we all get new clubs and new people come on board to take up the reigns at other clubs, 20 space soon get filled! also foreign signings can be just that signings from abroad.
    If we get more people I think foreign transfers shouldnt be foreign and stuff. if you know what I mean.

Semi Pro

well at the min on one of my games iv got english leagues up till blue square and serie a b argentina brazil belbium czech france germany holland portugal norway usa scottish sweden irish all loaded up and my computer is fine ahaha so thats nt a worry ahaha

Semi Pro

If we get more people I think foreign transfers shouldnt be foreign and stuff. if you know what I mean.
    yeha i know what you mean but i was just going to stick with england then when that fills up then its the next league will be like italy or sumething like that. and yeah the foreign transfer wont be included on the playing leagues but say spain or germany dont have any of us in it then they will be classed as foreign transfers

Semi Pro

so its settled next week with new team which will be randomly picked out and what does everyone think of everyone with the same balance and no loans at all on the finances cos after all we will be new chairman

Reserves

yeha i know what you mean but i was just going to stick with england then when that fills up then its the next league will be like italy or sumething like that. and yeah the foreign transfer wont be included on the playing leagues but say spain or germany dont have any of us in it then they will be classed as foreign transfers
    Yh thats fair. I reckon you should ask people now. Just put up something or should I do it. then what we can do is advertise the teams and stuff and see if we can load more players. So if we start a new game in 2 weeks or so. Load England, Italy, Spain, Germany, Holland and France and then have so many players of nationality etc. Then anyone can choose any team form any nation out of those. How much can you computer take toon.

Semi Pro

well it can take quite a bit iv had 15 nations and 27 leagues loaded up ahaha

Reserves

so its settled next week with new team which will be randomly picked out and what does everyone think of everyone with the same balance and no loans at all on the finances cos after all we will be new chairman
    No not random teams toon. Thats a bad idea because people want to be a team they want. Also leave everything like it is in term of finances and players(use a new update from Forbsie. I can ask or find out in his thread or ask when the last update will be released. Then set the rules like.

*Foreign Players will be from leagues with no chairman or minimal chairman.
    *No limit on how many transfers you can make.
    *The transfer window will be open for 2 days and that includes the free agents window.
    *When buying a foreign player you have to pay 3 times his current value.
    *Stadium Expansions cost £1m for 1000 seats.
    *Training and Youth Facilties cost £250k each to add a new point because arent they out of 20 points.
    *Create an FA like Ollie did which sets the prize money and everything to do with England. (That was good).

Thats all I can think of at the moment but other chairman if they think of anything mention it and we will all decide together. Toon what do you think to those so far.

Semi Pro

Yh thats fair. I reckon you should ask people now. Just put up something or should I do it. then what we can do is advertise the teams and stuff and see if we can load more players. So if we start a new game in 2 weeks or so. Load England, Italy, Spain, Germany, Holland and France and then have so many players of nationality etc. Then anyone can choose any team form any nation out of those. How much can you computer take toon.
    well no we are filling up the prem and then on to the nest league and so on and so fourth because then everyones going to want to be the best team and then i might aswell make a big league with all the best teams in but it becomes boring

Semi Pro

random is the best way because then its fair say im on early so i get the best so its a bit turd like that

Reserves

well it can take quite a bit iv had 15 nations and 27 leagues loaded up ahaha
    The 15 nations is it all players from nationality x. If it is this is what i think the set up should be.

England- Down to League 2
    Italy- Down to Serie B
    France- Ligue 1
    Holland- Eredivisie
    Spain- Down to Liga Adelante
    Germany- Bundesliga
    Scotland- Premier Division
    Portugal- Top Division

The players of all nationality should be

England(then you get English players playing abroad).

Reserves

random is the best way because then its fair say im on early so i get the best so its a bit turd like that
    No mate do it so people can choose. Thats how ollie did it and it was good. Youll find that most people are happy with who they get.

Reserves

well no we are filling up the prem and then on to the nest league and so on and so fourth because then everyones going to want to be the best team and then i might aswell make a big league with all the best teams in but it becomes boring
    Yh but when you load up the database for the game load the leagues up but only allow people to take teams from the Prem to start with but load the rest up so we dont have to start a new game everytime.

Semi Pro

Yh but when you load up the database for the game load the leagues up but only allow people to take teams from the Prem to start with but load the rest up so we dont have to start a new game everytime.
    yeh i know that. but in a way its not good but guesort it all out tonight with a new thread then and what i need and everything like that

Reserves

yeh i know that. but in a way its not good but guesort it all out tonight with a new thread then and what i need and everything like that
    Yh create a new thread if everyone agrees but put something like Following on form Ollies game etc etc. We are starting again but making it bigger. But only if everyone on here agrees.

id rather carry this one on mate, start a new one for FM11... be much better then...

Reserves

id rather carry this one on mate, start a new one for FM11... be much better then...
    2 for 1 against currently.

Semi Pro

to be honest it will be the same

Amateur

So what exactly are your plans for this new game? Why is it different to this?

Reserves

So what exactly are your plans for this new game? Why is it different to this?
    Its not its just bigger. It makes it easier for toon to see who gets promoted as well.

Amateur

Isn't it pretty obvious who get's promoted.

Reserves

Isn't it pretty obvious who get's promoted.
    No what I mean because the Championship isnt loaded it takes him longer to find out who has got promoted where as if we load the Championship and more leagues he can see a lot quicker by looking at the Championship table.

Amateur

Does that really make any difference. Quite frankly, if that's the reason to start a new game, it's a stupid reason.

Reserves

Does that really make any difference. Quite frankly, if that's the reason to start a new game, it's a stupid reason.
    Ok whatever 2 for 2 against.

Banned

I'd rather carry on with this one til fm11 comes out, then when that comes out start a new one?
    so would i tbh....

Reserves

Ok 2 for 3 against.

Amateur

What would actually happen then it's all confusing to me

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by Mikel LUFC View Post
    Nothing really just a bigger game.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Mikel LUFC View Post
    i also want to be able for s to be able to takeover other teams by buyng them ill use the bank balance you already have and you can take a loan out if you need it but you only can do this when you have won the league and champions league and fa cup because once you have won all of them it becomes a bit boring but you cant go from say man utd to real has to be a mid table team so it takes longer to win the league and champions league so therfore a better game
    whats everyones views on this.

Reserves

i also want to be able for s to be able to takeover other teams by buyng them ill use the bank balance you already have and you can take a loan out if you need it but you only can do this when you have won the league and champions league and fa cup because once you have won all of them it becomes a bit boring but you cant go from say man utd to real has to be a mid table team so it takes longer to win the league and champions league so therfore a better game
    whats everyones views on this.
    Could be good.

Semi Pro

iv got 3 months of updates to do so tell me how you want it to be done

Reserves

iv got 3 months of updates to do so tell me how you want it to be done
    I liked it how it was but only if you could make the screenshots clearer and bigger.

Amateur

I liked it how it was but only if you could make the screenshots clearer and bigger.
    This, and what I said about the skin. It's clearer if you use the default skin.

Semi Pro

This, and what I said about the skin. It's clearer if you use the default skin.
    iv changed the skin now

+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 39 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast