Regens Vs Orginals.

I like to start the game with real players, but I like seeing regens come through, especially from my own youth system, and start to build up teams over the years from those. I have enough self-control to not buy the same players every game if I don't want to so it doesn't worry me having real players.

I dont really mind, becuase there are so many real players out in obscure leagues that no-one knows who can turn out to be great. But there's something about a regen that really appeals, and I'd sign one over a real player of similar ability any day!

What glamdring mentioned applies for me as well.

Starting out with no real players isn't just for me, not that I buy the same real players every time, but in the beginning I like so see how the real players are doing in the game.

In 07 it used to be regens, but after the 08 debacle i just cant bring myself to sign a regen. The longest iv had a game go is 4 seasons, and iv yet to sign a regen yet. But i try to sign different players on every game. The regens in this version are overpowered IMO, way too many 18/19yr old one footed Messi's.

if you start a game with no real players does it just change the names of everyone in the database or does it just make like 10000 random players?

The player attributes, history and preferences etc are all the same, they just have different names. I don't use it, because you can often identify a player by his history or squad number

Archived