Why cant we sign mangers as assistant manger

This is my first thread whoop whoop anyways why cant we sign out of work manger as are assistant manger. it happens in real life like sammy lee from bolton to liverpool so y not on the game anybody els found this :D and remeber this is my first thread so be nice>>>

zakarooo

Welcome to the forums.

Look at it this way - you're asking the Managers to accept a lower position. Why would they want to do that?? Maybe in real life some of them do. But you wouldnt find managers who've already had a lot of managerial experience to accept a lower profile even if it meant them moving to a bigger club. Sammy Lee was manager for only like 6 months at Bolton. Else he doesnt have any managerial experience as far as I know. It would be the same with someone like say Avram Grant. Although whether he accepts an assistant position is a different thing altogether. But yeah, that's why I think you'll find most managers wont accept an assistant manager job offer.

Pavel Pogrebnyak

I assure you, the only idiot around here is you. Grow up.

I think it's a fair point

Tonay Adams, Carlos Quieroz, Henk ten Cate, Ricky Sbzagia and all had stints in both, and are all just off the top of my head.

It's always kind of annoyed me that you can't do this actually.

Obviously Arsene Wenger or Alex Ferguson isn't going to take the West Brom Assistant Manager post, but lower league managers would jump at the chance of something like this. Things like reputation and ambition or whatever wouldn't be too hard to factor in.

I think there should be a less distinct divide between managers and assistants, because at the moment it's like trying to sign a scout to be a physio

Sometimes it can be a bit silly like this, for instance I'm in 2014 as Stoke and been doing well. So the current season is the 2nd on the trot I've been in the UEFA cup and looking at possible Champions League on this seasons league form. Now Tony Pulis has been unemployed since the start of the game when I took over, and are you seriously telling he wouldn't even consider coming in as my assistant...?

The OP makes a good point. There are many aspects of AI managers and backroom staff that need developing. An out-of-work manager should consider as assman position; a lower league manager should move to be a premier league assman. International managers who resign/get sacked should go back to club management, but none of these things currently happen in FM.

The reason is because some managers would not like to be someones number 2 and taking orders from them. I know of a few like that who would never consider become assistant after they have been a full manager, such as the ones mentioned above. If you had been a manager (even lower league), should everyone want to then become an assistant of a EPL club?

Some good examples come from my team Newcastle. Dennis Wise moving to be a scout/Execute Director of Football whilst at the good end of the table with Leeds is a good one. Another is Calderwood is joining as a coach until end of season. So there are two managers who arent even making it as assistants. So I sort of agree with the opening post here. And then there is Richard Money who left Walsall and came to manage our Academy.

You definitely can sign Managers as Assistant managers, even as Coach. I have done this several times. The reason why you can sign some and not others, (and others may correct me there) probably depends on the reputation of your club and yours, i.e. it is changing over time. Easiest way to check this out is to go to the Staff Seach function, define the attributes you are looking for (e.g. Tactical >18), ask your AssMan to sort out improbable targets and look what pops up. I never had difficulties signing one of those candidates - if they were managers or not.

Archived