Regens, how do I find the good ones?

This is how I do it, though there is probably a better, less time-consuming way:

Every season, 1 day after I'm given my season expectations/transfer budget, I do this

1. Go to player search

2. Ask assistant to filter out unrealistic targets

3. Set player age to 'at most 21'

4. Literally go through every player 21 or under, clicking on each one, till I find a good regen.

P.S I only bother checking players valued at £2million plus, otherwise it would take all day!

This is how I do it, though there is probably a better, less time-consuming way:

Every season, 1 day after I'm given my season expectations/transfer budget, I do this

1. Go to player search

2. Ask assistant to filter out unrealistic targets

3. Set player age to 'at most 21'

4. Literally go through every player 21 or under, clicking on each one, till I find a good regen.

P.S I only bother checking players valued at £2million plus, otherwise it would take all day!

You can hold down "shift" and highlight all of the players you want to scout, then right-click one and specify a scout - preferably your best "judging potential" scout. You'll get reports back and you'll be able to view their attributes too.

Or download genie scout or some other cheat programme. Personally I feel dirty and unsatisfied using these programmes, but each to their own.

Scouting when you see a good age-to-value ratio. This is what I use when I'm looking at a club, if a palyer fits it I scoutthem with my 20/20 scout once or twice:

19/20 years old - at least a few million pounds

18 - £1m minimum

17 - £500k min

16 - £250k min

15 - £10k or £15k

14 - any

I didn't think of using player search and ordering by value, but that would just kill the game difficulty-wise so I'm gonna avoid doing that.

You can also look at the U-23/21/19 etc. internation squads too.

I put in on the filter the vital statistics for a player of a certain position i.e. For a striker i might just put Finishing must be at least 15, then also maybe put Acceleration as at least 15, and finally set age to no older than 16 - then just search through the players who show up (if any do)

Or alternatively just scout the nations for all players aged 17 and under

Archived