infractions : fair / unfair

im sure this will be clsoed soon enough, was going to PM Skorp but seen as you have got the 'do not PM me' message thought i'd stick it up.

i personally feel my infraction was rather harsh considering posts like in this thread :

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=92784

one in particular abusive and unwarranted post. I'm am sure there are also many who got away with infractions during the whole demo bug crisis, the activation calamity, among others, i was just wondering how it differs from mod to mod, do they all have to agree before an infraction can be placed or is it just a quick click of the button swayed by what particular mood a poster may catch you in at the time

What was your infraction actually for? Had a brief glance at your recent posts, can't find anything that could warrant it.

Fwiw, mods can't be 100% consistent for the same reason referees can't; they're human and a lot of things like this are judgment calls. I'm surprised that one or two weren't given out in that thread though, perhaps Skorp saw the thread needed closing and glanced over some of the replies?

What was your infraction actually for? Had a brief glance at your recent posts, can't find anything that could warrant it.

Fwiw, mods can't be 100% consistent for the same reason referees can't; they're human and a lot of things like this are judgment calls. I'm surprised that one or two weren't given out in that thread though, perhaps Skorp saw the thread needed closing and glanced over some of the replies?

a tongue in cheek comment. Although because it was pointed out by another poster and a bandwagon was jumped on against me i felt it was a bit jonothan ross-esq

It is more likely than posting on the forums to complain about it. :thup:
whats the likelihood of winning an appeal?......Not likely

so what is the likelihood having done both = ].

Although it may appear i am complaining of my own personal infraction i am more considering it as a whole, in which i would like to see a level playing field for all, and some comments not skipped over when others of equal severity appear to be swept under the carpet

so what is the likelihood having done both = ].

Although it may appear i am complaining of my own personal infraction i am more considering it as a whole, in which i would like to see a level playing field for all, and some comments not skipped over when others of equal severity appear to be swept under the carpet

Have you reported the posts you feel were worthy of infractions?

If you don't do it then mods can miss them. I am not saying they have missed them but if you report them then you definitely know they have not missed them. :thup:

you can appeal an infraction by emailing mods@sigames.com

This is the correct place. This forum is for FM chat, not debating whether or not your feel an infraction was warranted.

I would also be the wrong person to go to as I am not a moderator and have no control over any infraction decisions. I am merely an SI employee given rights to close/move threads when needed.

Archived