suggestion: player "rating"

going on some tangent from RT's thread i think it would be pretty a nice addition if there was a way to define match ratings for your players. i've never really fully 'agreed' with the rating system and i realise and accept there will always have to be an 'objective' system to cover all of the players who exist in a game one plays, but as a manager you should be allowed an opportunity to see players in your own light eg define how the ratings work in terms of you need x % of completed passes / won tackles, x many intercepted passes to get 'x' rating if you're a defensive midfielder.

i don't want to type too much about this as i'm going to bed in a minute because i have an exam in strategic management tomorrow morning that i'm terribly unprepared for, but hopefully you can see what i mean here.

Ok the ratings are messed up at times. I had a player playing a 5.1 and then he scored after missing sitters the whole game. 30 minutes later the game ended and he still had a rating of 8.2 but had missed even more chances?

Ok, he scored, but he's been awful before and after which should bring it down.

Terrible idea I'm afraid.

The player ratings are supposed to reflect the type of ratings you would see in real life in things like newspapers or on websites. This gives you an idea who the best players in the league are.

Being able to customise them would remove the reason why they're there in the first place.

I didn't like the 2009 one at first but now I find it much easier to distinguish between players performances.

For example, in FM08 I could have two players on a 6 and not know if one was playing nay better than the other. In '09 one of these players could have a 5.6 rating and the other could have a 6.4 rating. I know which one I'll be subbing first, whereas in FM08 you didn't have this level of detail.

Terrible idea I'm afraid.

The player ratings are supposed to reflect the type of ratings you would see in real life in things like newspapers or on websites. This gives you an idea who the best players in the league are.

Being able to customise them would remove the reason why they're there in the first place.

i don't really understand why this would be anything but an extra tool of analysis for your own team's performances? i mean, a sort of 'pro zone' type of implementation where you can see all sort of stats for your own team and define a rating JUST for your own team SEPARATE to FM's rating (which would also exist)

Archived