Can a new natural position be trained?

If a continuously train a player for a new position will it ever become a natural position for them?

Also how much of hit does Match engine give a player that is playing on an accomplished position versus a natural one?

I have 2 good natural AMCs with accomplished in MC and decent player with natural MC. I play DMC + MC + AMC in my tactics and i am thinking of replacing the MC (decent + Natural) with AMC in MC position (good but Accomplished)

Thanks

No, it's not possible. It can become very accomplished, but not natural.

Actually, I seem to remember someone claiming that if the position is already set to 19, then it's possible to get it to 20, but if it's any lower then it can only go to 18.

Maybe I phrased it wrongly but a player can in fact become natural in a new position. It has been mentioned before by a developer and I've witnessed it in my game.

It's not solely down to training though. As mentioned, you can't be taught to be natural in a position you were not previously familiar with.

However, with enough match experience in that particular position, you can acquire it as a natural one.

One thing to note though is that the player's versatility attribute plays a big part in this.

the whole point of it being natural is that its not taught its just instinctive

Although when Dirk Kuyt joined Liverpool, he was a natural striker, but now in the game he is a natural RM/RW, thus declaring that over time he "became natural" in the new position, through consistent training and playing in that/those position(s).

I think the ability for a player to become natural in a position should be added to FM, as it did happen with Kuyt, and many other players.

EDIT: I pressed post and then seen mrmeee17's post. I hope that is true :thup:

Thanks guys. Second part of the question anyone?

Also how much of hit does Match engine give a player that is playing on an accomplished position versus a natural one?

I have 2 good natural AMCs with accomplished in MC and decent player with natural MC. I play DMC + MC + AMC in my tactics and i am thinking of replacing the MC (decent + Natural) with AMC in MC position (good but Accomplished)

the whole point of it being natural is that its not taught its just instinctive

Exactly what I was thinking. You can't be a natural in a position if you have to be trained to play there. If you're natural in a position, it means you were born to play there :)

Just because a player chose a particular position before another at a point in time, does not mean that is the position nature gave him (or rather, the position that mosts suits his co-ordination, physical attributes and mental attributes he was given by nature).

On FM08, i got Anderson to natural CM, on FM09 I've got Walcott to natural MR. So basically, they need to be young, extremely talented and be played in that position week in, week out.

Whether or not they should be able to, I'm very torn. The name "natural" can imply they were born to do it, but can also mean that they can instinctively play in that position. It also annoys me having first teamers that aren't natural in the position I like to play them.

Maybe the best way round this is to change the name to "Instinctive", as this implies something that can come naturally but also be honed to perfection over time. What do you guys think?

Exactly what I was thinking. You can't be a natural in a position if you have to be trained to play there. If you're natural in a position, it means you were born to play there :)

and how do you think they become natural they were trained to play their in the first place he wasnt born a talented cm etc he had to be trained

The key factor is the hidden VERSATILITY attribute. If it's low, they'll never adapt, if it's average they will after a while but forget if it isn't used, and if it's high they'll adapt quite quickly and not forget it.

IN ME terms I think experiments have shown that the difference between 'natural' and 'accomplished' is negligible. Unofficial editors will show about a 2% rating difference.

Archived