Assistant Manager Advice - Do You Listen?

Just wondering if you guys pay attention to what your assistant manager says in regards to re-signing players, if he says players contract expires in 1 month and you should look to offload player ASAP do you believe him and not offer the player a new contract or do you ignore him and decide if you want to keep the player.

Majority of my players in my first team i will always offer contracts too regardless of what my assistant says but its harder if you have the assistant looking after the reserves and U18 teams as your not sure of the quality of the players, usually I will take his advice and either get rid of them or re-sign them, I also look into the player he wants to get rid of if anyone is interested in him and if there are interested parties I usually offer him a 1 year contract extension to see if I can entice the other clubs to make an offer.

I handle all contract renewels myself, from my first team to the u18's team and in between. I keep a close eye on all my youngsters and offload them myself as soon as I see they are not going to develop into anything worthwile. My reserve team is used for youngsters who are too old to play for the U18s but too young and/or not good enough for the first team yet.

I also stopped listening to his tactical advice during matches, and funnily enough started winning.

Archived