First Team vs Reserve Team

I have always thought it would be interesting to have a first team vs reserve team practice match at the start of the season to see who performs well and who doesnt and therefore pick my first team for the first game of the season from that. This will also allow your new signings to find their place in the squad and know where they belong and also get them acquainted with your squad and your game style. Just an idea but I thought it might be something that other people had thought about also.

When you arrange a friendly, when you choose your team, your reserves and U18's should be listed at the top.

Sweet dude, i'll have to check that out, thanks for your help. Also do you know how I can get my team to go on tour to somewhere like japan?

Sweet dude, i'll have to check that out, thanks for your help. Also do you know how I can get my team to go on tour to somewhere like japan?

Again, when you click, arrange friendly, within fixtures, theres a drop down list at the top right, at first it will say friendly match. Click the drop down menu, choose tour, choose your country, dates and then clubs you wish to play.

friendliessyv0.jpg

When arranging a friendly you can choose the type (tournament, friendly, tour) and on the dropdown menu after you select tour. You then choose a country and click on the dates you want to play and after that the clubs. I don't know if its of any use though in terms of brand building or w/e.

edit: beaten to it

Again, when you click, arrange friendly, within fixtures, theres a drop down list at the top right, at first it will say friendly match. Click the drop down menu, choose tour, choose your country, dates and then clubs you wish to play.

Im guessing that smaller clubs will not have the option to do tours as their finances / board wont allow it.

I do it all the time. If my 1st team has a free weekend due to being knocked out of the FA Cup of international call-ups, I play a friendly with my reserves (easy tackling!) to keep up match fitness and look at my squad players.

Never tought at this, could be a nice way to keep up the fitness. But are you not getting many injuries (I know, easy tackling) and are the players happy with playing there reserve team?

Its also a handy way of repairing damaged squad morale. If my first team get a beating i try to set one up between them and my reserves/under 18's. From the results of the difference in morale i have seen, it would appear my first team like nothing better than beating a load of youth players heavily!

Never tought at this, could be a nice way to keep up the fitness. But are you not getting many injuries (I know, easy tackling) and are the players happy with playing there reserve team?

As the breadmaker says, they're so happy it's positively embarrassing! It IS a quick fix to improving 1st team morale indeed. As to injuries - it's a risk as always, but easy tackling reduces the risk significantly, and with 12 subs you can haul off a player as soon as they get a little knock, tug a shirt to avoid getting carded or start feeling a tad knackered.

Archived