I love my keeper!

Just wanted to share my delight, as I'm home alone and have no one else to rant to icon_biggrin.gif

I started a new FM08 game (first time I've played for months). The idea was to holiday the first season and a half upto January 2009 and take over the team at the bottom of the Premiership.

Fortunately it was the club I support, Sheffield Wednesday. The unfortunate news is that they are trying their best to emulate Derby. We have 11 points, with just two wins when I take over. My first game was against Man City (19th and struggling but 6 points infront of me). 1-1 is all we manage but I wasn't too down.

The game before that was an FA Cup tie at home against.... SHEFFIELD UNITED. It ended 2-2 even though United had 10 men for over an hour! So that meant a replay which would be my second game in charge.

Things aren't looking good 1-0 down and they score a second, oh, wait, dissallowed - YES! Well, we get to 92 minutes still one down. We get a corner and my keeper trots up there to help out. I can't beleive it he knocks the corner in and takes us to extra time.

First time I've ever seen my keeper score from a corner and it couldn't have come at a better time in any of my games icon_biggrin.gif

We went on to score another around 112 minutes in and go through to the next round. This may just have given me back my love for FM!

Anyway, if you're still with me, sorry to bore you icon_biggrin.gif

Imagine the news item

"Manager & Keeper wed"

And in a few years time

"Keeper concedes 10 as he suspects manager is playing away" icon_biggrin.gif

Now... who was saying having partners etc was such a bad idea icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by santy001:

Imagine the news item

"Manager & Keeper wed"

And in a few years time

"Keeper concedes 10 as he suspects manager is playing away" icon_biggrin.gif

Now... who was saying having partners etc was such a bad idea icon_wink.gif

Or (copyright Shaolin Soccer),

"Manager marries own goalie"

I love him more know! Away at Bolton just had the game of his life. He had (I ashamed to say it) - 17 shots to save. He let two in but Anelka and Vaz Te ripped my defence apart every time they went forward. How they only scored 2 from 32 shots is beyond me.

A great keeper is never to be underestimated icon_wink.gif

Archived