feels that he needs to leave to further his career

What leauge are you playing in?

Try and keep hold of him till the end of the season and hope you get promoted.

Tbh its one of the more difficult ones to deal with cause you cant really do anything. He's clearly set his sights on premiership or equivalent glory.

If he doesnt stay just hope you get a decent ammount for him

I have this with 1 of my player's,we got promoted(QPR) and Newcastle enquired about him and I said he wasnt for sale and this was at the start of the season and he gave it all the "wants to leave to further his career" I am now in 13th place after 27 games in the Premiership and he still wants to leave even though I play him every game and tbh we are having a very good season.

I am just hoping if we finish around were we are now he will be happy again,is kinda strange as he has never asked to be transfer listed this whole time but has never been happy all season.....prima dona :)

You've answered your own question.

You said third with SPURS ;)

erm, i didnt ask a question. he is a fool. a 33 yr old player that would be bought by no one anymore successful now. we pushed for number one til the last 2 games. got cl and he ffels he can do better. suffice to say he never played a proffessional game again! having fun in the reserves sylvain!!!?

As Skorp said, telli him you aim to bring the club to his level of expectation.

He may insist on leaving, if so, accept his transfer request but adjust your asking price to 4x his value.

After a few months with no offers, he´ll regret and ask to stay.

Then offer a new contract.

Uses to work for me, and I always have 2-3 players wanting to leave.

It maybe works different for each player but like I said in an earlier post my guy has been "wanting to leave to further his career" for 3/4 of the season but never asked for a transfer,as Caesarius said I have put his transfer alot higher that what it should be,my guy's transfer value is 5 mil but I have him at 14mil.

Ottl did this with me at FC Bayern on 08. He left for Dortmund and sat in mid table for the next 10 years, while I won trophy after trophy :cool:

same for me at Bayern only with different player! Ottl asked as well but I persuaded him to stay in the end.

during my second season at Bayern having won the treble the previous season, my first choice right back Christian Lell decided he had to leave to further his career. It was November and since he had been a reliable player for me and I had good cover, I granted him this and mutually cancelled his contract. He then goes and signs for 11th place Werder Bremen :/

I do have an update on the player I have had all season that wanted to move,we are now just 4 games to the end of the season and sit nicely in 12th place(no chance of relegation) he has for the 1st time this season changed his mind and is now happy to stay at the club....good for him....think I will sell the prima donna in close season anyway*power has gone too my head*

Archived