It pays to be meticulous

My season is going really well with Shrewsbury Town and I’m currently lying third in League One and have reached the FA Cup 5th Round.

I’d reached the St Johnstone Paint Trophy Semi Final too and thought I’d make the final as I was drawn at home against a weaker League Two side. The big mistake I made, although maybe I should have fielded my strongest eleven too, was that I didn’t realize that there was no extra time. So there I was staying quite calm going in to the final minutes drawing 1-1 thinking that I’d surely win this game that I was dominating in extra time when, to my surprise we went straight to penalties! If I’d known this I’d have shown more urgency and at least put some decent penalty takers on. I should have checked and it’s cost me.

Then, the next morning I get a bid for one of my best players. I didn’t realize that you could check if the player wanted to talk to the club making the bid and I’m still not quite sure where this information is but, I reject the bid and now have an unhappy striker!

The morale of my story is that it really does pay to check things meticulously otherwise it will cost you!

Anyone else had a similar experience?

I didn’t realize that you could check if the player wanted to talk to the club making the bid and I’m still not quite sure where this information is but, I reject the bid and now have an unhappy striker!

Would love to find out where i can see that! Some of my players go happy for rubbish bids being rejected. But i would like to see if they want to go before i actually accept or decline the offer.

Doesn't work. The player still gets unhappy.

Its not failed for me yet, had a 30mil bid for Ferdinand from Real Madrid and i asked for 60mil, they withdrew their offer and all i got from Rio was that he would find it hard to turn down if an offer was accepted. If a team like Madrid make an offer for Ronaldo who has them as one of his fav clubs then the outcome might be different but in the 2 games i started as Utd (pre and post update but quit cause i want the editor to work before to up some of the underpowered first team players) nobody made an offer for Ronaldo.

Its not failed for me yet, had a 30mil bid for Ferdinand from Real Madrid and i asked for 60mil, they withdrew their offer and all i got from Rio was that he would find it hard to turn down if an offer was accepted. If a team like Madrid make an offer for Ronaldo who has them as one of his fav clubs then the outcome might be different but in the 2 games i started as Utd (pre and post update but quit cause i want the editor to work before to up some of the underpowered first team players) nobody made an offer for Ronaldo.

But would Ferdinand have been unhappy if you had just rejected the bid?

Because I always renegotiate unless the player is irreplacable (they might accept it, tyou never know), and if it's from the kind of club that the player would really want to go to, then they get upset. Twas the same on 08.

Didn't fail me yet either, have read across the forum that for some people the negation part didn't work and that the player was unhappy, but like R-Dizzle, for me it worked each time.

If a player is going to get upset with you for rejecting a bid, they will also get upset with you for trying to negotiate the bid.

It's not actually all that common for players to become upset in this way - although there's always one!

Then, the next morning I get a bid for one of my best players. I didn’t realize that you could check if the player wanted to talk to the club making the bid and I’m still not quite sure where this information is but, I reject the bid and now have an unhappy striker!

When you receive a bid for a player, click 'View offer'. Then look at the bottom of the screen at the small text in yellow. If the player isn't interested in talking to them, you won't see anything. But if he is, you will. It will say something like 'Player A's agent wants you to know that his client wishes to talk to Club A.' or something like that.

When you receive a bid for a player, click 'View offer'. Then look at the bottom of the screen at the small text in yellow. If the player isn't interested in talking to them, you won't see anything. But if he is, you will. It will say something like 'Player A's agent wants you to know that his client wishes to talk to Club A.' or something like that.

Thanks for that Mike. I've didn't know that and I'll check it out next time.

Archived