Exchanging players really needs looking into

I know its been mentioned before but I did some magic stuff recently that I wanted to share. I was at the end of my second season at Liverpool and had come 4th and 3rd respectively. That got me fired ofcourse. Since I knew they were planning to fire me I was on the lookout for a new team and decided Seville would be my best bet.

Looking through their team I saw some of the poor players and decided to buy them and give my new team some money. I know its a little bit on the CHEATING side but I shouldnt be getting fired in my second season damnit. Not for coming 3rd! So I pick a player and offer 10mill PLUS Fernando Torres. They refuse.

HUH? Crap player in exchange for 10mill plus Torres. I tried again and offered them 15mill plus Torres. They came back at me with a counter offer. 12mill. WITHOUT Torres. I tried it with a number of other high quality players I had purchased over my time. Every time they refused the player and just wanted the money. I seriously do NOT get this.

I honestly can't remember a single successful player exchange that I've initiated. We're talking more than 100 seasons across various FM incarnations. A few AI-initiated ones have gone through but for the most part they just don't work out.

Originally posted by Ascanius:

Wages and what they would probably demand, added on to the fact that Torres would never want to go to Seville anyway would dictate that they wouldn't accept that. Sense really.

Hold on. This makes no sense whatsoever.

15m AND Torred so they come back with 12m without Torres, where does that make sense? Surely if Liverpool valued this player so much Seville would ask for more than 15m if they don't want Torres.

Torres was just one example. I used a few others including some young players I'd bought who wre working out extremely well for me. But they wanted noone. I only ever had an exchange work once for me and I think I near fainted from surprise.

Originally posted by Neyles:

I honestly can't remember a single successful player exchange that I've initiated. We're talking more than 100 seasons across various FM incarnations. A few AI-initiated ones have gone through but for the most part they just don't work out.

Exactly what I was going to say. I don't think I've ever once had one go through.

Originally posted by Vlahka:

Torres was just one example. I used a few others including some young players I'd bought who wre working out extremely well for me. But they wanted noone. I only ever had an exchange work once for me and I think I near fainted from surprise.

It doesn't matter. If their wage bill is at its limit, then they wouldn't want a player coming in to go over budget, which kind of shows why they only want money.

Originally posted by David Hirst:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Neyles:

Exactly what I was going to say. I don't think I've ever once had one go through. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thirded. I try this VERY often and have very little success. Even when my assman tells me the club is specifically interested in Player X and I offer him in p/x, no dice. They tend to massively undervalue him and overvalue their own player. It's clearly illogical when they subsequently make an offer for my Player X way above what I offered in p/x. Definitely needs improving.

Archived